Interest Check: National Novel Writing Month

Discussion non-related
[FnG] JinX-D

Re: Interest Check: National Novel Writing Month

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 am

I wrote 92 words, so that went well! I didn't have much time yesterday, birthday, watching NFL somewhere else... Emu is much more of a writer, he made his daily goal in about 5 minutes or so :P

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Got to about 2000 words on day one, within 90 minutes of actual writing. Of course, as we all know, that's surrounded with another 90 minutes of staring blankly into nothing, checking websites that you haven't seen for the past three weeks anyway, talking to whomever happens to be next to me and re-reading what I have so far, thinking it sucks but continuing despite of that.

So yeah, stuff happened.
Image Image

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Awesome - 2000 words is better than the average daily pace needed to complete it. (And yes, the 90 min of nothing is always tough - if you can control the blank staring, you... um... CONTROL THE UNIVERSE.)

I ended up stopping last night at 5,795 words. I lost focus and started doing the F5ing of websites and e-mail at around 4,000 words roughly, so that last 1800 or so took like four hours. It was disgusting. :)

Based on my spreadsheet, the goal for today is a total of 8,000 words (4500 yesterday, 3500 today), so I'm going to put my happy-pants goal at 10,000 words.

The Phantom

Postby The Phantom » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:29 am

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:So yeah, stuff happened.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 am

Yay Emu! Nice jump on the word-count!! :D

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:09 pm

I didn't have time to write yesterday so I wrote some today. I think I'm up and over Par :) Aiming for around 14000 by the end of the day. The story is really flowing from me, I like how it develops. I was wondering how you're getting along, Sundae! Last time I checked you had a terrifying lead over me writing 500000 words every two hours or so :wink:.
Image Image

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:40 am

Nice! I love when the story just comes flowing out.

I had my first bad day two days ago, and only churned out 1,610 words on November 6. Now I'm sitting in a hotel in Los Angeles, California, and will be picking it up a bit. I wrote a bit on the plane, I'm going to write until I fall asleep tonight, and then I'll repeat that after tomorrow's conference.

Tuesday is going to be pure writing because there's nothing I have any interest in on that day over at the convention center, and then Wednesday is a repeat of Monday. Thursday is going to fall short of my goal because it's a plane flight going east. I'll get on it at 11:00 and get off it at 21:00, even though it's only a 6 hour flight.

Anyway - that's just throwing me off of my 75K pace a little bit. Hopefully I can correct that some while I'm stuck on planes.

Day 8: Currently 26,678 words. Hoping to end for the day closer to 30,000, but I have a 5:45AM wake-up call so we'll have to see.

~S

EDIT: 29,685 words. I hit a convenient chapter-end, so those last 315 words to hit 30K will have to wait. :) I'm going to bed.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Day 14 total: 50,243.

As far as the NaNo rules are concerned, I am officially done. However, I've got a long way to go on the story still. Now to see if I can keep it going all the way to 75K or 85K

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Due to a lack of writing on my part for the past week (new semester in school, busy busy times) I'm lagging behind somewhat, about 6000 words currently. I'll try to make up as much as I can before the end of this day but I'm not sure how far along I'll get.

Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!

You can watch my progress here

Also kick me if you see me playing a game :P
Last edited by [FnG] Rotten_Emu on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:25 pm

I think I already gave up after a week, stranding at 1169 words... I can make excuses like: "I wasn't prepared" and "I'm not that much of a writer, more of a thinker" :P And I will, because I think that's the biggest reason I stopped, I really like the idea, maybe next year :P
And Emu is lucky he is writing now, otherwise I would've kicked him so many times already

Just because I can

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

I've pretty much totally bagged so far. I've had the busiest work month of my life, and spent most of those evenings doing graphic design instead of writing, although on the plus side, I get paid for it ... Unless I go into some kind of frenzy, I think I'm gonna have to wait until next year.
:Beye:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Plenty of real life problems have stop me putting pen to paper this time around (formatting the wrong HDD didn't help either :cry: ) I might be able to put a few words together but unless I skip work I'll never hit the 50k mark well not this time around (formatting the wrong HDD didn't help either :cry: )

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Go Emu!!! :)

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Come on Emu! 2000 per day and you're finished!!! You can do it!

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Only 500 more words (give or take) and I'll be done! Yay! :D (My story is only half way through though :wink: )
Image Image

Return to “Everything Else”