How has techonology improved/altered the way you live

Discussion non-related
[FnG] Hanno

Re: How has techonology improved/altered the way you live

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

[FnG] Marksman wrote:
[FnG] Hanno wrote:...they are both FPS and both give enjoyment in the same way at blasting the hell out of stuff.
Ooooh, you make it sound so cold; where's the love of squashing people with a manta, Hanno? :pancake: :wub:

You might have a point - do we have vehicle invasion set up on the fng Germany server? ;_)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Okay I admit it now.

The internet has taken over completely since I wrote the original post 8 years ago.

The speeds we get now mean films watched online, games ALL downloaded (when was the last time you bought
a game with a disc in it. Even if you buy a box it normally has a piece of paper with a link in it!) .
But games are actually cheaper as we tend to wait for sales. I've only bought 1? full price game in the last year.

Music downloaded - but a bit of a con as its account linked, so its gone when your gone.
Saying that autorip on Amazon, quite good, get the CD but never take it out of the cellophane.

Its now completely first stop to google for information, rather than looking in a reference book or a catalogue.
Stopped buying magazines so long ago
And apart from food shopping, most of my hardware/clothes/diy stuff etc are bought online.

At work we decommissioned our fax line last year, and the majority of orders are emails/online rather than telephone.

And from what I heard you can only download sex now as well, its not found out in the wild anymore.

The next big game changer in life will be the AI and driverless cars, but hopefully by then the internet will have
such huge bandwidth and VR will be so great that I won't have to leave the house anyway!

But apart from all that - I'm still shooting stuff in games with Lambik/Rampy/Bawsy/Nim/Silke and still looking over my
back waiting for Eve's knife.... (You could hear Eves tears when they took off friendly fire from Fortnight...)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:16 pm

There's not a lot that does not involve the Internet, nowadays... :bedrime:
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Whats this thing called internet everyone talks about? :tease:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

Return to “Everything Else”