Input lag

Discussion non-related
[FnG] Hanno

Re: Input lag

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:01 pm

[FnG] Mez wrote:
[FnG] James wrote:Baoding balls

Interesting. I also find that juggling is good for relaxing hands/wrists/shoulders between gaming, and helps develop a good left-hand/right-hand balance.

(this is a zero double-entendre thread, btw :))

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Okay this is why I ALWAYS disinfect (and clean with an ultrasonic bath) any 2nd hand lego I get.... :brow:

Nice. I'd also advise washing any bed-linen or mattresses you buy from car boot sales. And avoid any that have suspiciously coloured patterning.

Emm I dont think I'd buy second hand bedsheets etc I don't even like 2nd hand books really if you can't dunk it
in bleach, 2nd hand is out for me but maybe thats just my OCD streak showing. :(

I could do more juggling, hadn't thought of the therapeutical value of it, I do some 3 ball stuff with my daughter sometimes, did get up to doing 4 balls (shower / 2 in each hand, never could master cascade with 4 balls), and even was doing a five ball shower at one point :woot: .
Juggling is great fun, but I think I stopped when I had back problems, juggling was fine, but picking up the balls when I dropped them became awkward! :stars:
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Ro3L

Postby [FnG] Ro3L » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:06 pm

[FnG] Mez wrote:Yup - aiming takes the most practise, to rewire your brain neurons :P, but if you use your left on the desktop every day too, it becomes 95% as good as your right after a few months. Note that I also switch the primary and secondary buttons within Windows, to maintain symmetry (and annoy anyone who tries to use my computer!)

So I use my right hand on the keypad exclusively, to move and switchweapon, as below.

/=Translocate/TossRelic, *=Rocket/AVRiL, -=Impact/Shield
7=Shock,8=Forward,9=Mini,+=Flak
4=Left, 5=Back, 6=Right
1=Crouch, 2=SuperWeapon, 3=Bio, Enter=Link
0=Jump, .=Sniper/Lightning

It's not too bad, but I can tell other players' key combinations allow them to double jump constantly, whereas I struggle because using a thumb independently of the fingers is still quite difficult.

quite interesting setup might change the jump to -> or <- even to have a bit more thumb space ( as i am playing on a laptop)
and switch lighting with superweapon. will test it tonight because i need to work right now. :(

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:02 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Emm I dont think I'd buy second hand bedsheets etc I don't even like 2nd hand books really if you can't dunk it
in bleach, 2nd hand is out for me but maybe thats just my OCD streak showing. :(

I was like that until I got my Xbox. Then it was either £10-£20 for a 2/3 year old game, or £3 on ebay. So I took the splash and tried the second hand route.

Most are ok - like new. Some though...jeezo...how do discs get that badly scratched?

Whatever though, I still get shivers when I have to touch those 2nd-handers.....even after cleaning the boxes.

[FnG] Mez

Postby [FnG] Mez » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:42 pm

[FnG] Ro3L wrote:quite interesting setup might change the jump to -> or <- even to have a bit more thumb space ( as i am playing on a laptop)
and switch lighting with superweapon. will test it tonight because i need to work right now. :(

Good point - the right hand thumb and fingers fall more naturally onto the five "-> 4 8 6 Enter"...so I might give that a try.

[FnG]Hanno wrote:five ball shower

Respect to the five-ball - I could never quite manage that reliably. Juggling also gives my hands & brain something to do while watching something semi-boring on telly.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:28 pm

[FnG] Mez wrote:
Respect to the five-ball - I could never quite manage that reliably. Juggling also gives my hands & brain something to do while watching something semi-boring on telly.

Like the football world cup....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

Return to “Everything Else”