Slow network caused Pando Media Booster

Discussion non-related
[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Slow network caused Pando Media Booster

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Recently we've experienced slow network performance, and still not really sure how we fixed it,
but I ran into this statement I found on Wikipedia.org :

en.wikipedia.org wrote:Conflicts

Pando Media Booster (PMB.exe) listens on TCP ports 443 and 563. People having trouble getting web servers such as Apache, IIS, or others working should consider removing Pando Media Booster. Pando Media Booster runs at startup and takes priority to other downloads. Slowness in downloading or general network performance issues may be related to this product.

PMB is primarily used to download MMORPGs. Users of PMB participate in a secure, closed peer-to-peer network where users receive pieces of the download package from a Content Delivery Network (CDN) as well as other active users (peers).

From what I read, it uses your connection to upload gamecontentdata to other players, which means if you have a small upload bandwidth, it will be easily filled up with this stuff.
It's not recommendable to remove the software, as you will receive updates thru this, but terminating the process when you experience bad network performance is an option.

ImageImage

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: Slow network caused Pando Media Booster

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Hmm that could explain the high upstream load i had several weeks ago :chin:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

Return to “Everything Else”