Cpu - Upgrade.

Discussion non-related
Olderjobrob

Cpu - Upgrade.

Postby Olderjobrob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Hopefully someone can roughly advise me a little I currently have a lowish spec 2.0ghz Amd 64x 2 3800+ thinking of maybe going upto a 3.6 3.8 quad core, If anyone has any one that I could look at that are around the £100 mark that would be great. I've not go load of cash could go slightly over but not by alot :).... also am3 socket is fine :D Thanking you :D

[FnG] N!MRoD

Re: Cpu - Upgrade.

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Hmm, I currently have a FX 8150, it works just fine though, I expected more. Currently what i can see from AMD vs Intel is that AMD is trailing behind sadly enough. Though they tend to be cheaper in price, it seems that if you start taking out cpu's of comparable prices that intel seems to be a bit ahead in performance.
Though it might be best to take a look at some hardware sites and look at whats new.
However having said all that. You dont need lots of cpu power to play games. Its still the GPU that does most of the work. Just gotta make sure that the CPU doesnt become a bottleneck for your GPU.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

Return to “Everything Else”