Please read this if you are posting about a new sig.....

Discussion non-related
Bunnette

Please read this if you are posting about a new sig.....

Postby Bunnette » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:02 am

Hi Guys,

It's great to see so many talented and creative peeps here on the forums, :rockin: but us miserble old gits called mods and admins have a small request :rolleyes: .... if you take a look at the list of posts on (for example) the first page, most of them are posts about "My new sig"...and quite often from the same person.

Now - we are NOT :whipping: , naming names, criticising anyone person or pointing fingers, this is simply a small request to try and keep things a bit tidy.

If you are experimenting with your sig and want to post new sigs on a fairly regular basis, please could we ask you to use the same thread and simply update the title of the thread.

If you take a look at Emu's poetry book :wub: , you'll see what we mean... you can simply add your new sig post to the existing thread, then go to the FIRST post you made (creating the thread) and change that by clicking the "Edit" button. Then you can add something like "Updated <todays date>" to the title and people will see that you have changed it.

If you have any questions about how or why, please feel free to post them here, or PM or mail me.

Many ta's
:bunny: and the rest of the team

[FnG] LonesomeDrifter

Postby [FnG] LonesomeDrifter » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:25 pm

What about a sub-forum in the Creativity forum for sigs? Or what that merely migrate the problem to another section?

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:09 pm

first of all, you're right - it would just be moving the problem to another place... the main issue though is that we can't create sub-forums, we'd have to create another separate forum.

Good idea tho :D

[FnG] El Tonno

Postby [FnG] El Tonno » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Well, it could be an idea... If you make a different section in the Clan thingie, only for sigs, it migrates a bit, but still, this section is Siggie free... Then you dont have to make a new sub-forum. Problem solved?? no, not really... But it's a start!

meh, you get my point ;)
:sg:

[FnG] inside_out

Postby [FnG] inside_out » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:12 am

Since this is a new rule, could we start with a new post instead of continuing with old ones?
gee ... no siggy

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:09 pm

...it's not a rule - it's a request. And why would you need to start a new one if you already have one??? :?

[FnG] inside_out

Postby [FnG] inside_out » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:58 pm

Well this ... request is not a heavy thing for me but it is just personal preference that I'd like it that way if it isn't too much of a request, but still the same, if you want us to continue using our old sig post, so be it sirr.
gee ... no siggy

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:51 pm

I think THAT is exactly what this thread was created for... but I could be wrong...
Image Image

[FnG] inside_out

Postby [FnG] inside_out » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:52 pm

Do we haveta post on the same topic for requests too? :?
gee ... no siggy

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:02 pm

[FnG] El Tonno wrote:it migrates a bit, but still, this section is Siggie free...

Note: We're not trying to make this section siggy-free — just trying to make it "unnecessary extra thread-free."

If you have a new sig, post it in your own sig thread and then update the title in the first post (actually, just posting it in your thread is gonna bump that thread up to the top anyway).

The point is not to create a new thread every time you change your sig — just re-use one you already have, and help us keep down the clutter.

As Bunnette says, Emu's poetry thread is a perfect example — he has spared us having to see 52,000 new threads for each of his additions, AND kept his material neat, organized and easy to find. :thumbup:

That's all,
--kril out-- :mrgreen:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] El Tonno

Postby [FnG] El Tonno » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:09 pm

I get that, but i thought you guys would like to get things organized. By this request, it's organized. Well, let's start my own Siggy thread!!

:sg:

Return to “Everything Else”