Hi2u Quad2core

Discussion non-related
[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Hi2u Quad2core

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:35 pm

Well, I can finally pick up my new rig tomorrow and start enjoying it and I'm allready looking forward to it! Apparantly I may have damaged my mobo a bit in the process of connecting the pieces (either that or it was flawed allready, but I'm fearing I'll have to blame myself there)..

Anyway, bye bye p4 2.6, hi2u Q6600 :D along with 4 GB DDR2 Ram (kingston HyperX) and a Msi Geforce GTX 8800 OC all packed with a 500 GB harddrive on the Asus P5K-c motherboard. A nice case to put it in (Antec Nine Hundred).

Anyway, guess I'll be ready for crysis and UT3 now, cant wait to give this one a go 8)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:49 pm

Woot!,

Sounds awesome Paranoid, wait till you see UT3 in all its glory... Fabulous :)

Remember to remove half the memory if your installing vi$ta then replace after the install, unless its coming pre-installed. I had lots of problems.

and be careful with the KB929777 patch for the 4gb theres a correct way and an wrong way to install it :)

Good luck matey

See you ingame real soon ;)

Cannon :)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 pm

[FnG] cannon_fodder wrote:Woot!,

Remember to remove half the memory if your installing vi$ta then replace after the install, unless its coming pre-installed. I had lots of problems.

what's with that then? (not quite sure if they installed vista allready or if I have to so)

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:07 pm

Enjoy that new case, looks great and has lots of cooling available, although if it's like mine you may have to manually enable the front intake fans by plugging them in and using the speed selector switch.

[FnG] Cooks

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Nice rig! I have a Q6600, it's great. I also have Kingston Hyper-X RAM, although mines underclocked somehow :S And finally I also have the Antec Nine Hundred - case is great! It's huge inside, so plenty of room to work with. The front 2 fans do need to be plugged in and then the speed selected as opposed to mobo controlled. It sounds very quiet on low, average sound on medium & while noisy on high, not too noisy & to have them on high you'd probably be gaming anyway & have headphones on :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:04 pm

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL wrote:
[FnG] cannon_fodder wrote:Woot!,

what's with that then? (not quite sure if they installed vista allready or if I have to so)

Vi$ta get a little miffed if you try to install with 4gb memory or at least for some people.as the max is 3gb AFAIK My install was having none of it and kept hanging at the "Completing Installation", very frustrating..

There is a fix you can apply to allow the 4gb but only after you have installed vista. When you see the KB i quoted above in your windows update dont download it instead download directly from the microsoft site.

Ill try to find the link i found which explained why the update kept failing.

Cannon :)

Don't worry though Im sure youll be fine... :)

I now have a bootmgr missing error on each boot and need to boot from the dvd disc. Another fine Microsoft release :(

Return to “Everything Else”