Plastic Surgery/Vasectomy

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] Hanno

Plastic Surgery/Vasectomy

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 pm

Is plastic surgery now considered too easy and too common to get?
Forcing us uglies who like to stay that way into feeling bad?

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2874024.html?menu=

Based on this book mabbe.

But I was thinking of writing a book to help children come to terms
with Vasectomy, to be titled "My Dad the Jaffa"
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] 7uh

Re: Plastic Surgery/Vasectomy

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Fri May 30, 2008 5:58 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:But I was thinking of writing a book to help children come to terms

Hmmn? My father the orange? :?

Or is it a Stargate joke? Or some European slang thing?

Once again, Hanno's jokes are beyond the capacity of my puny gray cells. :(

My vote for the book title would be "Daddy Shoots Blanks." It would go well with the plastic surgery one, which should have been called "Why Are Those Men Staring at Mommy's Shirt?" :-P

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri May 30, 2008 6:08 pm

[FnG] 7uh wrote:
[FnG] Hanno wrote:But I was thinking of writing a book to help children come to terms

Hmmn? My father the orange? :?

Or is it a Stargate joke? Or some European slang thing?

Once again, Hanno's jokes are beyond the capacity of my puny gray cells. :(

My vote for the book title would be "Daddy Shoots Blanks." It would go well with the plastic surgery one, which should have been called "Why Are Those Men Staring at Mommy's Shirt?" :-P

Think Jaffa oranges..... they are seedless....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Think Jaffa oranges..... they are seedless....

Ohhhhhhh ... :hammer: :oops:

[FnG] B0sun

Postby [FnG] B0sun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:00 am

:lmao: :lmao: Very ole one but still funny :lmao: :lmao:

Wonder why men do that to themselves. Surely if you take away the reason a man is here then that man becomes no longer a man :idea: lets face it were only here to eat play cod 4 and make babies :muaha:

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm

B0sun wrote::lmao: :lmao: Very ole one but still funny :lmao: :lmao:

Wonder why men do that to themselves. Surely if you take away the reason a man is here then that man becomes no longer a man :idea: lets face it were only here to eat play cod 4 and make babies :muaha:

[FnG] Jaffa Cannon here! :oops:
"Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean ?"

[FnG] B0sun

Postby [FnG] B0sun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

[FnG] Cannon wrote:
B0sun wrote::lmao: :lmao: Very ole one but still funny :lmao: :lmao:

[FnG] Jaffa Cannon here! :oops:

i would have thought you had spawned enough troble on this world old bean :lmao: :lmao:

off to lock my door :ninja: :ninja:

Gothelittle Rose

Postby Gothelittle Rose » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 pm

I've known some brave men who get vasectomies because they and their wives are done having children. Why the men, if it's the women who are done? Well, in my neck of the woods the meaning of marriage hasn't been entirely diluted-destroyed, meaning that it's still accepted that if a man marries a woman, they're going to be sexually exclusive for both of their lifetimes. Of course "you could get hit by a truck" tomorrow, in which case vasectomy reversal is fairly simple in comparison with tube-tying, which is sometimes reversible if you're lucky, or hysterectomy, which is No Deal.

In the case I know best, the wife had such trouble with her fifth pregnancy that they knew they could have no more children, for her own safety. They considered surgical options and found that hysterectomy involved invasive surgery with a couple weeks in the hospital and six more weeks of recovery, while a vasectomy is an outpatient procedure with a couple days of soreness... and that's it. No big complications. (I don't know if they looked into tube-tying, but I've read the literature, and even that's notably more dangerous and involves more recovery time and more pain than a vasectomy.)

So of course the man, wanting to protect and nurture his wife, stepped forward and said he'd get it done.

I've often thought, all connotations aside, that getting that vasectomy was one of the most manly things he'd ever done.
"Who are you, yourself, alone and nameless?" - Tom Bombadil

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Yeah, I don't play COD4 anymore, and I always thought there was more to me than just my ability to create offspring. :wink:

Mrs. 7uh and I had one (Da Fed) and then she got breast cancer – treatable, but of a kind where hormone sensitivity makes it inadvisable to get pregnant. So 10 years ago we declared ourselves done, and I got the old snip-snip.

While I would say that "a couple of days of soreness" is probably a slight understatement, :cry: it wasn't as bad as breaking my ankle. And now there's no worries about birth control, etc. ...

Gothelittle Rose wrote:it's still accepted that if a man marries a woman, they're going to be sexually exclusive for both of their lifetimes.

Although I think a vasectomy probably makes it easier to cheat, not less, if that's the route you wanna go -- no chance of an inconvenient pregnancy. And at least some people are probably thinking of the hit-by-a-truck route (or at least the possibility of divorce, however remote). The reversability is a rather iffy and complicated proposition (although, I agree, much less so than the female surgeries, which are basically permanent).

Gothelittle Rose

Postby Gothelittle Rose » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:56 pm

Nooo... vasectomy makes it theoretically easier for THE MAN to cheat. It makes it nigh impossible for the woman to cheat, and very undesirable to boot if they've done it for her health. :)
"Who are you, yourself, alone and nameless?" - Tom Bombadil

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Gothelittle Rose wrote:Nooo... vasectomy makes it theoretically easier for THE MAN to cheat.

Yes, obviously. I was refuting your original point, which seemed to tie a vasectomy in with some kind of understood monogamy. Ain't necessarily so.

Gothelittle Rose wrote:It makes it nigh impossible for the woman to cheat

I don't follow this, unless you are assuming the absence of birth control.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:53 pm

I just can't wrap my head around the jump from Plastic Surgery to Vasectomy? Could be just me though.

If somebody wants plastic surgery done to make oneself look better (Ohw my boobies are so small! My hiney so big!) they should pay for it. Not only because I think the it's rediculous but also because it's expensive as hell and if you need time to gather that kind of money at least you're given some time to think it over.

On the other hand I think people like that should get Free Psychiatric help... because it's all between the ears and if that's not seen to what will happen is this:

If someone is unhappy about themselves, for whatever reasons, altering their physical appearance won't help in the long run.

(Please note that I'm not taking into account Burn Victims, Maimed faces and other physical defects for example. I am talking about perfectly healthy people walking up to surgeons and asking them to alter their appearance.)

A vasectomy should not even be mentioned within the same zip-code as this. Seriously... the two couldn't be further apart.
Image Image

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Actually, I sort of agree with you there Emu.

But the whole point of the thread was a joke on explaining things to kids which emm
either shouldnt need to be explained....
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] white_hound

Postby [FnG] white_hound » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:58 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:But the whole point of the thread was a joke on explaining things to kids which emm
either shouldnt need to be explained....

Imo, explaining plastic surgery might not be as tough as explaining" Daddy where did I come from?" question :P

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:06 pm

No the where I came from bit is easy > Mummys Tummy
but the follow on question is the real pain > "But how did I get in mummys tummy?"
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Media Discussion”