The funniest moment in a TV program.* I need laughs*

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] Hanno

The funniest moment in a TV program.* I need laughs*

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Come on I'm fed up, cheer me up by telling/linking to the funniest TV clip you can remember.

Personally I vote for 'Open All Hours' , I haven't been able to work out the episode name
But the action goes like this:

*Granville is sitting i nthe Kitchen reading a horror story. Arkwight creeps up behind him
with a frozen sausage and puts it on his neck and scares him. *

Absolutely simple premise, but the characters in this series were so well created,
and acted by David Jason and Ronnie Barker that it always makes me fall off my chair laughing.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] 7uh

Re: The funniest moment in a TV program.* I need laughs*

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:07 pm

I loved Open All Hours. That was a truly hilarious show.

Lemme search some stuff and get back to you!

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 pm

From the mighty boosh:

Vince noir and Harold is driving a car, and Vince start jabbering about fashion again.
and when asked about how he manages to follow all the trends and fashions, he says he subscribes to a fashion
magazine that's so up-to-date with current trends that new issues are produced every 3 hours, and delivered by ninjas... And then as Harold is about to laugh of this ridiculous quote, a ninja runs up along side the car and throws a magazine in the window.

i found it quite :lmao: worthy :P

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 pm

The Mighty Boosh is most excellent, especially the first season.

I remember an episode of The Newhart Show from the '80s that guest-starred John Ritter as a waiter at an ice-cream parlor that Bob Newhart and his family visit. Kril and I still laugh about that episode to this day.

After Newhart sits down, someone at a nearby table orders a huge concoction called "The Whale," and Ritter comes up to their table. A spotlight falls on him and he chants, "You can't do it. You can't do it. You can't ... eat a Whale."

Newhart is mortified. He doesn't want all the hoopla and attention, so he decides to simply order one scoop of ice cream. Ritter comes up behind him, the spotlight comes on, and Ritter sings, "Single-scooper, single-scooper, this man is a party pooper."

John Ritter was a funny guy.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:49 pm

:-)

I raise you another spaced clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OxlYahN9Wiw

and also a Morcambe and Wise one, that I say to my kid every time we hear an ambulance or police car:
at 9min38 on http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GgA32g_AWqs
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:45 am

I always thought that Monty Python group were rather funny, if only in a "shaping and defining the future of comedy" kind of way.

Ministry of Silly Walks

Bicycle Repair Man

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore also killed, pwned and destroyed on their TV show "Not Only... But Also" in the '60s.
(well before Moore became a movie star) Their 'Pete & Dud' routines as losers at the pub were spectacular.
Check out the very funny Facts of Life sketch, a pure gem where dad is going to have 'that talk' with his youngster on,
as he puts it, "the method... whereby... you came to be... brought about." (safe viewing, no worries)

@ Zuh: That episode of "The Bob Newhart Show" is up at Hulu.com. It's season 3, episode 5, "Sorry, Wrong Mother." The John Ritter scene at Uncle Yummy's ice cream parlor starts at 08:25, with the specific bits at 10:40 and 12:31. It's tough to separate the funny out from what is otherwise sort of an awkward scene, really. :|

--k o-- :mrgreen:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm

In the last three years I've come across a few brilliant, imaginative and original (to me, at least) comedies that have stoked my fire. I love Curb Your Enthusiasm (crude and funny), Gavin and Stacey (cute and funny), and most of all, Peep Show (crude, cute and funny). To the uninitiated, let me stress that Peep Show isn't quite what it suggests, but is a 'through-the-eyes' comedy exploring the ineptly-led live of two very ordinary, yet very weird blokes living in London and not having a clue what they're doing.

You Tube is telling me this clip isn't available here, but my favourite Peep Show moment is Jeremy's job interview. He's trying to NOT get the job, but his flatmate is in the room, and while the viewer sees the woman ticking all the "Poor" boxes on every competency and aptitude, Jeremy thinks his 'natural charm' is swinging the deal. What to do? Easy: pull a momentary, gruesome face of aggression at your interviewer and pretend it's a facial tick on one knew about until now. Genius. :lmao:
ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:52 pm

:-) Odd I was doing the ministry of silly walks for my daughter the other night when she was feeling pooly and need cheering up!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] pyxie.T32

Postby [FnG] pyxie.T32 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote::-) Odd I was doing the ministry of silly walks for my daughter the other night when she was feeling pooly and need cheering up!

The man is clearly an excellent father.

Gravity, not just a good idea, ...It's the LAW!

Return to “Media Discussion”