A week in England!

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] B0sun

A week in England!

Postby [FnG] B0sun » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:22 pm

Clarkson has spoken about the Uk priminster.. called him an "One eyed Scottish idiot" now what part of that statement is offencife? He has one eye, he is scottish and he is an idiot.... So why is everyone getting so upset. Is it not going down the road of the freedom of speach is now not allowed.. That woman from BBC who called a tennis played a "Gollywog" (dictionary says a "grotesque black doll"? Are too many people jumping on the PC bandwagon to make them selves look good when they slate someone from using phrases that are a bit strange... I mean I call people from where they are and normally followed by idiot... Ask Cannon

Ohh and while I am on a ranbt... how in gods name can a swimmer get in to so much trouble for smoking what" appeared to be a dhoobie" It was a photo so how does anyone know what it was???

[FnG] pyxie.T32

Re: A week in England!

Postby [FnG] pyxie.T32 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:23 pm

Gollywog, dictionry definition aside is a racist slur, calling somone a "grotesque black doll" based on the fact that they are black is not a good move to make. As for Clarksons little rant. He really is a tit isn't he. The fact that he [Gordon Brown] cant control his optical situation nor his heritage is one point. combining these facts with the fact that he (in your opinion) is an idiot somehow ties the statements together. It makes it seem as though the fact that he is visually imparied and Scotish somehow makes him an Idiot. (I can hear Baws and Mags fuming from here) Clarkson picked on 3 points, and made them all sound negative, 1 is opinion, and 2 are just statements. They give no reason to be negative. an arguement comprised of 66% physicsal observation and 33%opinion and 1% Clarkson being a toss-pot. is just dense. I personally Like Brown. I think Clarkson is an arse. funny on TV but if I spent any time with him in person the chances are I would poison him.

the last point I agree with you, as long as it ain't crack and he is not pushing it to kids there is not an issue.
Gravity, not just a good idea, ...It's the LAW!

[FnG] B0sun

Postby [FnG] B0sun » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:17 pm

In Clarksons appology he retracted the scottish and the eye crack.. bt will not applogise for calling brown and Idiot... I still think he is.. and also a dictator.. I mean he got to be the PM through the back door and when he was asked for an election date he hinted there would be.. till the polls came out and it was very clear he would be ousted.. so he refused an election.. In my book that makes him no better than any other dictator in the world!!!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

[FnG] pyxie.T32 wrote: I think Clarkson is an arse. funny on TV but if I spent any time with him in person the chances are I would poison him.

hehe, I think 3/4 of the population would as well. But I'm pretty sure Brown is an idiot.
I personally had been saying that the housing market would crash sooner rather than later at least a
year before it happened. And that the amount of personal debt mounting up was unsustainable.
IT was pretty damn obviously than as soon as average peoples salarys are not enough to get a morgage
on a bottom of the rung house, that something had to give and salarys would have to catch up.
If a lowly person like me, could spot it that far back why the hell didn't Brown put some thing in
position to soften the fall. Of course if he had, it probably would of been half arsed and just set everything
going to hell a year earlier.

At least on the plus side, Im on a tracker morgage and the interest has dropped by £200 a month.
As we are overpaying, it means that for every month interest rates stay low, I cut 2 weeks off my morgage length.

ON the golliwog issue, Im not sure its totally racial, it has to be in context. I used to have a friend who
was white that I called a golliwog because he had the same frizzy hair as the gollies on the robertson jam pots.
And we wore our golliwog badges to school with pride (send in 5 coupons for your gollie badge!)
You got to remember a hell of a lot of people grew up eating that jam and it 'seemed' just harmless fun at that point.
Even the childrens books had them in , eg Enid Blyton
Although we can all realise perhaps these things shouldnt be thought/said, it would be easy in an unthinking moment
for some thing to jump out of you past and out of your mouth while bypassing your brains public monitoring service.
We all must of had a 'Did I really say that or did I only think that' moment. There is a newsreader on TV who for reasons of his ears reminds me of a monkey, and i've blurted that out in front of my daughter and been hauled over the coals for an inadvertent comment. All we can do is try and not impart these past echos to our children.

Also to note in the case of the golliwog, it was a private off air conversation, rather than a delibrate public statement as in clarksons.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:35 am

[FnG] pyxie.T32 wrote: I think Clarkson is an arse. funny on TV but if I spent any time with him in person the chances are I would poison him.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Return to “Media Discussion”