World Cup 2010

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Re: World Cup 2010

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 am

well, the manner that england played the previous matches, it could be but a major improvement this time around, and it still wasn't too great. They're mostly underperforming if you ask me. But you never know how it'll turn out the next match, maybe confidence has been built and we'll see more of england as they were during the qualifiers (killing Croatia and such).

Ah well, most teams are underperforming and indeed, due to the last 30 minutes or so, slovakia versus italy was fun (dont underestimate slovakia, theyr not too great but with Skrtel, Hamsik, Stoch and Vitek amongst others, it's not that dreadfull and they do have acceleration & pace, which was particullary usefull against italy's slow defense).

Japan surprised me in score, havent seen it since I was looking at another lack-lusting performance of the hopefully soon to become clockwork orange again (they were doing so well in the way to the WC, playing some great combination foottie in the qualifiers and the matches before). Still, great run with a boatload of wins, unbeaten for ages, hopefully that'll stick till the next qualifying rounds :D

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Sorry USA, I was rooting for you guys...

I missed most of the match, only saw the last 15 minutes, hoping Donovan would pull off another stunt ;)
Well, all that is left is rooting for the Clockwork Orange :D

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:47 am

[FnG] JinX-D wrote:Sorry USA, I was rooting for you guys...

Eh, Ghana deserved it. They played better.

If the Americans could keep people from scoring in the first five minutes of a half, they'd be unstoppable.
(That, and got some decent strikers)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:58 pm

[FnG] 7uh wrote:
If the Americans could keep people from scoring in the first five minutes of a half, they'd be unstoppable.
(That, and got some decent strikers)

That and learn to play, only donovan, dempsey and obviously Bradley are up to the task but it's mostly fighting spirit that gets them to here. Getting through the knockout in that group on top allready meanth succes for the capabilities of theyr team i'd say. They did well once again..

Anyway, still waiting for a good game to happen... maybe germany - england? bwoh... I was looking forward to this WC, but now (well, obvously its still of interest since we're still in it :D) I'm mostly looking forward to the next season ;) - it's only 40 days away

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:30 pm

[FnG] 7uh wrote:If the Americans could keep people from scoring in the first five minutes of a half, they'd be unstoppable.

Just noticed I'd posted this before in the thread ... sorry. :sorry:

(Now I've posted it three times!) :crazy:

Hey, now that we're down to the Three Lions and the Orange Crush as the "teams of (most) interest" in this World Cup, perhaps the Dutch get a leg up by providing what apparently is the theme music for this year's competition? (other than vuvuzelas of course)

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:35 pm

I agree with both Paranoid and with Zuh. The U.S. obviously needs better players at several positions.
But where will these players come from? Perhaps we can only hope the non-descript youngsters improve/mature in four years...

+++++++++++++++++

Oh no, "schoolboy defending" from England, and the Three Lions are a goal down! :shock:
Let's listen in live to the Guardian's Scott Murray for play-by-play:
Scott Murray wrote:20 mins: KLOSE'S NUMBER 12!!! Germany 1-0 England. Dear Lord. Neuer hoofs a long ball upfield, straight down the middle. Terry is off on holiday, Upson was standing wondering whether to go with him, maybe stow away in his suitcase, and so Klose simply romps down the middle, poking a right-foot shot into the bottom-right corner. That is as simple a goal that's been scored in the entire history of All Football. What a defensive shambles. The centre backs want shooting when they come back.

:rolf: Hilarious! Come on, England, you can do better than this.

Oh no, Germany continue to open up England as I type... another in! 2-0 now. :(

It's up to Capello to pass out the beers at the half,
--kril out-- :mrgreen:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Holy s**t!! Matthew Upson with a slick header from a beautiful cross by Gerrard.
Then, omg, obvious Lampard goal disallowed! WTF?

Welcome to the USA's world of World Cup "Effin' Reffin,'" England.

jeez,
--k o-- :|
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Good grief, that second half was appalling. Germany looked composed and precise, England looked disorganized and desperate. Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney's photo appears on milk cartons across South Africa under the headline, "Have you seen this striker?"

aximon

Postby aximon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Image :moose:
"The hedgehogs can never be buggered at all."

BoobTube

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:15 am

At least we've finally seen the first real match this WC, too bad the ref had major impact on the result (since the 3 & 4-1 were counter-attacks which wouldnt have been as easy when it was 2-2). Regardless tough, the Germans were better then the English who finally played a decent match unveiling that they do have some qualities at least (still not quite what I had expected, but I had high expectations).

[FnG] Kahbouter

Postby [FnG] Kahbouter » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:22 am

Talkin' about "Effin' Reffin'..." We've had some more examples today, regarding goals this time. Okay, in these cases you may discuss if the goals would have resulted in a different outcome (England would still have been outscored by two goals and Mexico should have scored some in the first place), but still... It is unthinkable in this day and age that everyone in the WORLD can see what is happening on the field, but that the people who make the game-altering decisions are left in the dark. The refs need assistance from some electronics, like the power of the replay.

But no, the self-proclaimed Deity of Football and his trusted disciples ruled against it, because they want to see more passion. The only passion they gain is a passionate hate from every sports fan around...

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 am

Same thing in the Argentina - Mexico match..., Tevez was how far offside?!

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 pm

[FnG] JinX-D wrote:Tevez was how far offside?!

About a mile and a half
Image Image

[FnG] «°èXé°»

Postby [FnG] «°èXé°» » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Time to look back at the Nike ad I think. :brow:

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:Awesome Nike Football Ad!

Côte d'Ivoire (well, tough group) - out
Italy (we don't need to talk about this one) - out
England (Rooney was more like in that trailer park shot I guess) - out
France (we don't need to talk about this one either) - out
Portugal (have you seen that Ronal'duh guy somewhere? :neutral:) - out

So Brazil it is then? Or will Nike's picks be a complete epic fail?

Mabye they should have put in some Argentina, Netherlands, Germany or Spain instead... :-P

And, uhm, sorry, but I can't keep this one for myself. :wink:

:-)

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:57 pm

[FnG] «°èXé°» wrote:So Brazil it is then? Or will Nike's picks be a complete epic fail?

I'm gonna go with Epic Fail (especially since that would mean the Netherlands will kick their ass Friday). Here's to hoping!

Come on Clockwork Orange!

Yes, I'm getting patriotic now :P
Image Image

Return to “Media Discussion”