Just RC toy carring around...

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] General Lee

Re: Just RC toy carring around...

Postby [FnG] General Lee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:08 pm

ofc see if it comes under the warrante see if ya get away with geting a free repair if not i may have part,s or4 i may not depending on what ya need but you no are number and i,m always on x fire

but on a side not i loved the smoke machince you thort of hiring it out :yahoo:
Success is going from failure to failure without lack of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Ouch :stars: , indeed something got shorted, can't imagine it would have been the engine doing it though? PS: Isnt there a fuse quite close to the battery to prevent nasty damage in case of a short?

Seems like a warranty case indeed, all you did was drive it through some sand after all ;)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Seems like a warranty case indeed, all you did was drive it through some sand after all ;)

Unless you voided the warranty by strapping a video camera to it, or something ... :P

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:23 am

[FnG] 7uh wrote:
[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Seems like a warranty case indeed, all you did was drive it through some sand after all ;)

Unless you voided the warranty by strapping a video camera to it, or something ... :P

We are all convinced Nessie took great care and attention to make sure the toy was used as it was supposed to...honest gov ;)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:PS: Isnt there a fuse quite close to the battery to prevent nasty damage in case of a short?

Well, there is supposed to be a thermal cut-off, but either the short got around that, or something happened so fast that the thermal cut-off wasn't fast enough.
There isn't a real fuse, because the motor could theoretically pull 60 amps. Some controllers even allow 120 amps. I have not yet seen a small 100A fuse that can be simply put inline with a cable and fits comfortably on a 1:10 scale model
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] Kahbouter

Postby [FnG] Kahbouter » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Somebody stop me quoting "The Mask" here, because that thing is sssssssssssssssmokin'... :mrgreen:

:sorry:
I hope the clickie imp is ok :P

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:40 pm

And the lesson learnt is that really fire hoops wouldn't of made any more difference to the final outcome that what
really happened, and would of made an awesome video ;-)

Seriously through when fixed, see if you can raise your Camera mount by an inch or two and
tie back that huge Nessie Nostril hair that keeps appearing on camera for a better film ;)

Hope its sorted soon.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

Return to “Media Discussion”