We didn't own an ipad

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] Hanno

We didn't own an ipad

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 pm

When I was young there was no such thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE

This will divide the community into those of us who remember this rubbish, and them youngsters who don't realise how lucky they
were to have missed it!
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: We didn't own an ipad

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:44 pm

It gave me a chuckle... guess thats good enough :wink:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:03 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:It gave me a chuckle... guess thats good enough :wink:

Sad to say I remember every sad damn thing off that list .
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Mez

Postby [FnG] Mez » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:58 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:
[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:It gave me a chuckle... guess thats good enough :wink:

Sad to say I remember every sad damn thing off that list .

Happy to say I remember every damn thing off that list :)

Best of times.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 pm

yup, been there, done that, got the T-shirt :)

A similar item, it's directly translated from dutch by google, so there might be some weird sentences :

Are you born before 1978?

How on earth could we, who are born in the 50-er/60-er/70-er years, to be a life ..!?
According to current theories in the year 2013 we would already be dead long?

-We were in cars without safety seats, belt or airbag.
-Our bedding and toys were painted with paint filled with lead and cadmium.
-At the top of a staircase there was no fence, who went too far thundered down.
-If you woke up in bed one heard that, and if there really was something you had to scream before your parents noticed.
-Bottles with hazardous substances and all pharmacy bottles we just could with our hands and despite limited motor open.
Ports and doors were shut and just when you're with your fingers were tired of them away.
-On the bike you sat just behind your ass on the carrier and tried to hold on to the coil springs of the saddle for you.
A helmet-we had not even a moped, let alone on a bicycle.
-We drank water from the tap, not from a bottle.
-Colors and flavors should even then existed, because as red, green or yellow as the lemonade was then, we see they are really not.
-A gum put your evening on the bedside table and put your morning back in your mouth.
-At school they had only one size sofa, with such lovely cover it dangerous.
-Shoes were usually worn in by brother, sister, cousin or something, and your bike was either too large or too small.
A-bike had no gears and as a band was broken your father taught you as soon as possible to his own stick.
-We went in the morning away from home and we came back when the streetlights came on. Nobody in the meantime knew where we were and we had no mobile phone now!
-The forest or a park was a place to play and no dirty male gathering.
-When we went to a boyfriend, you just ran to it, you did not need to call and no appointment. There was no adult with you
-We ate cookies and even got bread with lots of butter and were not thick.
-We drank from the same bottle as our friends and nobody got sick.
-We had no Playstation, Nintendo, X-box, 64 TV channels, movies, dvd, surround sound, private televisions, computer or Internet. We had friends!
-The television only started om18.00 hours. Then came an hour something fun for kids and oh woe if you then dared to stand up to a button on a different channel to push (which were then fixed to the unit). Dad decided what and how long you still looked.
-We have sliced, broken bones, teeth failed and this one was sued. Those were just accidents and sometimes you got there yourself an extra beating for.
-We fought and beat each other sometimes green and blue, there was no adult who is there much about them, let alone a ladybug on your coat buttoned.
Educational toys-sound we made ourselves, we turned balls with sticks, we built soapboxes and noticed the bottom of the mountain that we forgot the brakes.
-We played in the street, and just who was good could do with it: he was not good enough but had to watch and learn to deal with disappointments.
-At school were dumb kids too. They went and came at the same time as us and got the same lessons. Sometimes they did a class on another year. About that were no discussions at parents' evenings. The Teacher was always right.
-We made our own sandwiches, with a large metal knife, and if you forgot you could not buy anything at school! If you did not eat the crust than you had just a little more hungry the rest of the day.
-We went by bike to school, all by itself, even in the winter!
-If your mother at the door waving to you, you were a wimp!
-If you had problems were your parents agree with the police. They did it to get you, but not for you to dicks. Our actions have consequences. That was clear and you could not hide.
-We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility. We must learn to deal with it.
-Our generation has produced many people who can solve problems, innovative, will need to take risks and be responsible for the consequences.

Do you belong to them too? Congratulations ...... We were HEROES!

ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Lamik - I think that confirms that Google hates the Dutch!

And that list missed out one of our best games
*Throw an old ski as high as you can in the air - see who gets impaled when it comes down*

Seriously I shudder at some of the stupid things we did, and considering I grew up
with ready access to highpowered rifles, shotguns, machetes, arsenic and cyanide
maybe its surprising I grew up at all.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Kahbouter

Postby [FnG] Kahbouter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah... Lambik. Google Translate needs some work, because as a fellow Dutchman almost half the time I have no idea what it's meant to say... :P And we think translated Chinese manuals are bad. Are they using Google too? :crazy:

Return to “Media Discussion”