Getting the most out of meat offcuts

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] N!MRoD

Getting the most out of meat offcuts

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

This got show to me by a friend of mine. This was shown on TV, but just to be sure, it is about meat so you will see raw meat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWn ... r_embedded

I am glad this got put out in the open. And that it is once again shown how little care is given to ones well being when money is involved.

Full article:
http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/victory-fo ... ecipe.html
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Hanno

Re: Getting the most out of meat offcuts

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Makes me glad I don't eat beef.

Although I do use turkey mince/chicken breasts and you never know what's in mince or pumped into the chickens to make them fatter.

I could buy more expensive organic meat etc but I honestly don't think its a viable economic choice for a lot of people.
I have the choice but I will still buy cheaper meat because I deem paying off my mortgage more important,
trying to overpay as much as possible a month so we have more security in the future.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:25 am

There is actually this professor from the Netherlands who made the first genetically made burger. It was not too bad either, so said the ones that could taste it. Though it was rather expensive to make xD.
The good thing about it all is that it much less poluting on our environment then our current meat production is. And i for one like my meat and if meat can be provide in that way, granted that is is safe and as tasty as real meat then it is all the same to me :)
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:There is actually this professor from the Netherlands who made the first genetically made burger. It was not too bad either, so said the ones that could taste it. Though it was rather expensive to make xD.
The good thing about it all is that it much less poluting on our environment then our current meat production is. And i for one like my meat and if meat can be provide in that way, granted that is is safe and as tasty as real meat then it is all the same to me :)

Yep I saw that. Most expensive burger in the world $200000 wasn't it :-)
But that's prototypes for you - hope the price comes down soon.

Oh and I've tried soya/quorn burgers and they taste like cardboard.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Never tried those xD

Though I had no idea that meat is taking so much resources to create. I always thought its like. Have some cattle on the meadows. Let them eat the grass, they fertilize it in return and there you go. Pretty much it. Cant help but feel its all be exaggerated a little bit.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

[FnG] N!MRoD wrote:Never tried those xD

Though I had no idea that meat is taking so much resources to create. I always thought its like. Have some cattle on the meadows. Let them eat the grass, they fertilize it in return and there you go. Pretty much it. Cant help but feel its all be exaggerated a little bit.

I think its also what else you could be growing on that field (eg 2t of grain instead of 1 cow?), plus how much stored fodder needed in winter,
labour costs looking after them, the costs of butchering, vets bills, electric or barbed wire fences so they don't escape, insurance if they kill people
and the environmental cost of adding more methane to the atmosphere.
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Media Discussion”