The Great FnG Fantasy Football league – Fundesliga!

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] Nihilist

The Great FnG Fantasy Football league – Fundesliga!

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:25 am

Seeing as we seem to have a fair few footie mad people in here (plus Kril the new Spud convert) I figured we should have a FnG Fantasy Football league. So I set one up!

Now presenting...

The Official FnG FUNDESLIGA!

How to get in on the action:

First, visit:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Register, and create your team - including team name and kit! Usernames can't include [ or ], so I registered as FnG_Nihilist. Underscores seem to work fine.

Once this is done, click on join a league - the code of the FnG league is:

601572-92104

This should sign you up for the Fundesliga.

Current standings:

Rules:

Squad selection

A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:

* 2 Goalkeepers
* 5 Defenders
* 5 Midfielders
* 3 Forwards

You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed £100 million. The value of each player can be found here.
Formations

From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team.

Your team can play in any formation providing one goalkeeper and at least three defenders and one forward are selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Any changes you make to your team will become active at the next deadline.
Captains

You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek.

If your captain does not play then the bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place.

You can change your captain at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your captain will become active at the next deadline.
Automatic substitutions

If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will substitute him for your replacement goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules.

Automatic substitutions are applied at the end of the Gameweek, when all matches have been played.

You can change your substitution priorities at the bottom of the My Team page. Any changes you make to your substitution priorities will become active at the next deadline.
Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Free transfers are not carried over from week to week.

All transfers before the start of the season are made at no cost. For teams entering after the start of the season, no points will be deducted before their first deadline.

You can play 1 transfer wild card a season. When your transfer wild card is played, no points will be deducted for transfers that Gameweek. You play your wild card when confirming transfers.

Any transfers you make will become active at the next deadline.
Deadlines

Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline to take effect for that set of matches.
Last edited by [FnG] Nihilist on Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:28 am

Signed up as:

Funchester United.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:13 am

Sounds like fun, though I'm a bit out of my depth... I like all the different views they give you to help choose your team. I'm sure I spent too much up front and not enough in the middle. :?

Puny m0rta1z!
Tremble before the awesome footie might that is...
SQUATNEY ATHLETIC

(My first choice, Batley Townswomen's Guild, wouldn't fit. Satan's Jockstraps is still great, but I just used it in fantasy basketball with Metamucilnaut. Luckily, Spinal Tap provided the correct answer.)

I got a bunch of crap guys -- I dunno WHO the hell they are!

Joo wil looz,
--kril out--
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:57 pm

Awright, monkies -- feel the wrath of the Notlob Wanderers! I chose a couple of good guys, saw I was running out of money, and let the computer hand me the rest of my questionable crew. We'll see how it goes ...

Stormside

Postby Stormside » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:48 pm

ONS USA ftw!!!!
ImageImage

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:02 pm

Stormside wrote:ONS USA ftw!!!!

Ho ho, we shall see what we shall see, Stürmy ... :P

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:13 pm

I believe you can transfer players as often as you like before the first week of play, so squad tuning/fiddling is possible if you want to do some research.

Basic givens:

- Henry will score a shedload. But he is 14.5 mill or so.

- Chelsea's first team will score decently.

- Promoted team's players are "wild cards" - they have no proven Premiership record, and so you might pick up a COMPLETE bargain. On the other hand, you might pick up total tosh...

Once the league starts, you can look at other people's teams. I believe that transfers are limited once the league kicks off, but I haven't played the official football league FF yet. Last once I played was the Telegraphs, but they all tend to work the same way.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:51 pm

One thing, if you could clear up — everyone is 'sharing' from the pool of players, just putting together the best team from all choices?

So, Thierry Henry, for example, will likely be on most peoples' teams, right? (assuming they wanna burn the caishe for him)

It's not like fantasy games where you draft a unique team, correct? (i.e. if I have Michael Jordan on my team, then no one else has him.)

thanks,
Your Squatney Athletic,
First-Season FnG Fantasy Football Champions
Image Image

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:58 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:One thing, if you could clear up — everyone is 'sharing' from the pool of players, just putting together the best team from all choices?

So, Thierry Henry, for example, will likely be on most peoples' teams, right? (assuming they wanna burn the caishe for him)

It's not like fantasy games where you draft a unique team, correct? (i.e. if I have Michael Jordan on my team, then no one else has him.)

thanks,
Your Squatney Athletic,

Correctus.

You draft the best team you can - reason being, in theory you're competing against everyone who enters the game. Everyone in the whole world.

Obviously, there would not be enough players to go around if there were unique picks... ;)

Having said that, we COULD, in theory, work something like that here if we wanted to; it would just take a bit of time and organisation.

EDIT: for the sake of convenience, I added the game rules to the first post.
Last edited by [FnG] Nihilist on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:02 pm

[FnG] Nihilist wrote:Obviously, there would not be enough players to go around if there were unique picks... ;)
Well, no, it's obviously limited to a restricted "league," such as the one you set up. You would only be picking against your league, not the rest of the world. Plenty to go around in the usual 10-20-team fantasy league...

[FnG] Nihilist wrote:Having said that, we COULD, in theory, work something like that here if we wanted to
No, that's OK. I just wanted to make sure I understood what was going on.

Iz all goot,
Your Squatney Athletic,
Image Image

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:04 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:Well, no, it's obviously limited to a restricted "league," such as the one you set up. You would only be picking against your league, not the rest of the world. Plenty to go around in the usual 10-20-team fantasy league...

Right, it would great in the restricted format; your team will still be "ranked" against all other players, however. If you check your team, for example, you can see how you rank against all other US players, or all other Spurs fans, for example. You'll maintain an individual score both inside our league, and in the main pool of EVERYBODY. Which is kind of cool.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:09 pm

[FnG] Nihilist wrote:You'll maintain an individual score both inside our league, and in the main pool of EVERYBODY. Which is kind of cool.
Especially since I'm going to win the grand prize of the trip to England to the Premiership game of my choice with round-trip air an' hotels an' s**t...
:thumbup:

Oh crap, I need to select the starters and choose a captain (didn't see that). DOH, you use the little yellow triangle, eh? Wow, I can make a 4-3-3! Nifty. Contains nift.

I have three doodz from one team, and one guy who may transfer in to that team... yikes.

Teh Rulzorz wrote:You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek.
Must... choose... captain... carefully. :shock:

Your Squatney Athletic, out
Image Image

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:57 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:I have three doodz from one team, and one guy who may transfer in to that team... yikes.

Yeah, I made a quick transfer already to eliminate the whole too-many-strikers-in-one-basket thing.

Half my midfield seems to be Tottenham, btw ... so, well, go Spurs go ...

[FnG] Twisted Souljah

Postby [FnG] Twisted Souljah » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:06 pm

I'm already in this as

Souljah's Marvels

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:51 pm

Ok I'll make a team... but I am warning you... I haven't the slightest idea who is who in the Premier league :D:P So I'll most likely end up with a whole bunch of Dutchies and other known players :D:P

Gonna start making a team now! :D

Edit: I am Looking but I can't seem to find Robben OR van Nistelrooy! can anyone tell me in what team they actually play now?

Edit2: Or Davids for that matter...

Edit3: Ah well... I created the team now:
Tottemu Rotspur FTW

I hope I win something... like... Virtual Brownie Points or something! :D:P

(The questions in the first two edits still stand... I hope I can transfer in time... as I think is normal in these sort of games... so tell me: Do Robben, van Nistelrooy and Davids even Still play in the Premier League? or are they in some sort of Scottish competition or something?!)
Image Image

Return to “Media Discussion”