The Great FnG Fantasy Football league – Fundesliga!

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:03 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:(The questions in the first two edits still stand... I hope I can transfer in time... as I think is normal in these sort of games... so tell me: Do Robben, van Nistelrooy and Davids even Still play in the Premier League? or are they in some sort of Scottish competition or something?!)

I know Davids is in there; He plays midfield for Tottenham.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks Zuh :D now have Davids in my team... not sure if that was the best thing to do but ah whatever... I just selected some players by how many points they gained... I think I have a wellrounded good scoring team... low price high points kind of thing...

Now I'm wondering: do the prizes change every deadline (because I spend exactly 100 and if Kalou will play like he think he will then he will most probably shoot up in worth... and I'll be S*** out of luck :D:P)

Underdog team FTW :D:P
Image Image

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:30 pm

Yeah, Edgar the goggle-man (only player allowed to wear glasses in the league) is still the tough, scrappy midfielder for your Tottenham Hotspurs.

van Nistelrooy and Sir Alex Ferguson got into a public spat about his playing time at Man U and got his ass sold out of the league — he is no more. Robben is still with Chelsea, most recently shooting his mouth off about how their embarrassing loss to Liverpool in the FA Community Shield match last weekend "means nothing." Goalie Van Der Sar is still with Man U.

Go Lilywhites!

Your Squatney Athletic
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:32 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:Goalie Van Der Sar is still with Man U.

Yeah, I know... Dutch Pride :D:P I got him on goal :wink: I'll try to look for Robben... must be to expensive though... ah well... we'll see :D:P

Edit: this does prove however I have very little knowledge of the Premier League

Edit2: Ok going out on a Limb here, took the worst first keeper available, hoping that van der Sar is fit enough to play every match :D he's also my Captain so he gets double points... which is good... and replaced my Forward Sub with a less expensive player so that I had the oppertunity to get Robben in my team!

I just hope Kuijt joins an English Premier League team before this thing closes :D:P
Image Image

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I just hope Kuijt joins an English Premier League team before this thing closes :D:P
You're in luck — Liverpool just picked up the Dutch striker.

:mrgreen:
Image Image

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:57 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:
[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I just hope Kuijt joins an English Premier League team before this thing closes :D:P
You're in luck — Liverpool just picked up the Dutch striker.

:mrgreen:

My God... I'll need to redo my entire team again... if he's priced as much as he's worth XD let's hope he's in the bargain bin like Kalou (although he was 8.5)

I don't see Kuijt listed yet... when did this Transfer occur? today? yesterday? I most probably have to wait for the site to update... so that Kuijt is actually listed under Liverpool

Edit: It seems that he went to Liverpool for a record amount (for a transfer ever recieved by Feyenoord) of 18 million Euros... let's just hope he stays affordable in the Fantasy league thingy :P
Image Image

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:07 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I don't see Kuijt listed yet... when did this Transfer occur? today?
Yes, today. See story here. And they're spelling his name 'Kuyt.' Damn, he's one homely sumbyatch, ain't he?

--kril out--
Image Image

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:17 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:
[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I don't see Kuijt listed yet... when did this Transfer occur? today?
Yes, today. See story here. And they're spelling his name 'Kuyt.'

Yeah us silly Dutchies... ij = y most of the time... so it gets confusing... even to us Dutch people :P

However I looked for him in the Liverpool thingy and can't find his name (spelled in any way :wink:)

[FnG] Da Kril wrote: Damn, he's one homely sumbyatch, ain't he?

If I knew what you meant by that I would be able to answer :D:P
Image Image

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:30 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:
[FnG] Da Kril wrote: Damn, he's one homely sumbyatch, ain't he?

If I knew what you meant by that I would be able to answer :D:P

He means he's so ugly, his face would stop a DAF 95 XF tanker at highway speed. :wink:

Hey, I have Van Der Sar on goal, too, so I have two Dutchies on the Notlob Wanderers! w00(ij)t!

[FnG] Seraph

Postby [FnG] Seraph » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:35 pm

Shiverpool has been created, ready and willing for the first match. My uniform will make you understand the team name. ;)

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:46 pm

[FnG] Zuht-lob wrote:He means he's so ugly, his face would stop a DAF 95 XF tanker at highway speed.
Homely = polite way to say ugly. A face only a mother could love... or you could go with what Zuh said. :laugh:

@ Seraph: LOL! The mind boggles, cringes... tries to run.

--kril out--
Image Image

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:23 pm

I just completely overhauled my team because I felt like I needed to do a little research rather than let the computer pick half my d00dz. I'm not sure if it will be better or worse than before. We'll see what happens when game time rolls around ...

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:39 pm

[FnG] Zuh wrote:I just completely overhauled my team because I felt like I needed to do a little research rather than let the computer pick half my d00dz
I've gone in and tinkered a bit, too. Got a better back line, now that I've decided to have only cheap turds as subs. :D

wewt,
Your Squatney Athletic
Image Image

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:07 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:Got a better back line, now that I've decided to have only cheap turds as subs. :D

:laugh:

Yeah, my backfield was like "Van Der Sar, you better be good at blockin', old buddy, because if it gets past the midfield you're on your own." Now I have some decent talent in all positions.

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:22 am

W00t!

May I present to you...

JinXhester United

How is van der Sar goalie on at least three teams at once? :P

Return to “Media Discussion”