The Great FnG Fantasy Football league – Fundesliga!

Discussion related to Media
[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:16 pm

I just like to point out that you should wait for todays matches to be played... I have a grand total of Four players in my team that play for a team that will be playing today (2 Man U's and 2 Chelsea's) so if both those teams with... with no Goals conceded... the tables might turn still :wink:

Or I might be holding on to false hope and actually already be done for :D:P

Still Waiting for some Kuyt Magic,
Rotten Emu
Manager
Tottemu Rotspur
Image Image

[FnG] Twisted Souljah

Postby [FnG] Twisted Souljah » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:33 pm

w00t!!!!111

Rob Hulse the ex Crewe Alex lad has done me proud.

But it'searly yet, we'll see how it turns out.

Twisted Souljah
Manager
Souljah's Marvels

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:08 pm

See, I was afraid of this ... Once the fantasy-footy system did automatic substitutions and everything, all of a sudden Jules' bunch of sideliners are giving everybody else the business. :cry:

Stormy's former cellar-dwellers are in third, with the Tottemu Rotspurs close behind. 7uh's likely lads drop to sixth, and Souljah's top-ranked team drops off the face of the planet! :shock: What will happen after tonight's matches, I wonder? :? Much less after Tuesday's round 2 deadline?

Will I be able to figure this whole thing out in time to keep from plunging from the heady heights down to oblivion (plunge, plunge)?

Plus ... The latest on WHERE'S PASCAL "Waldo" CHIMBONDA? -- Looks like Pascal wanted to be traded from Wigan. Wigan's manager wouldn't let him go for less than £6 million (much to Chimbonda's irritation). Tottenham was interested, but wouldn't pay the freight, so they went after Lucas "Australian, but not related to the Jurassic Park guy" Neill, who was unhappy at Blackburn. Now Chimbonda is presumably making six large sitting on his butt while Wigan gets its thumb out. Wigan has said that Chimbonda can just play in the reserves until they get their money. Offers for him have been made and rejected. The latest contender for Pascal is Middlesbrough. All of which does almost no good to anyone with this man on their fantasy football team. :gripe:

[FnG] Twisted Souljah

Postby [FnG] Twisted Souljah » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:24 pm

JEBUS!!!!!

That's one hell of a drop, but 2 of my main players are out.

Plus did anyone see Chelsea - Man City today?
Last edited by [FnG] Twisted Souljah on Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

[FnG] Seraph

Postby [FnG] Seraph » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:47 pm

omg, why did they force the 2-5-3 layout? And Crouch is gonna get cut if he doesn't perform well. Ah well, 5th is good for me. =D

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:23 am

[FnG] Twisted Souljah wrote:Plus did anyone see Chelsea - Man City today?
Yeah, I saw it. Fairly surgical dismantling of Man City, I almost felt sorry for them. Nice hair-pulling. :laugh:

@ Zuh: Thanks. Yeah, I knew most all of that, up 'til the part where Wigan said they would sit him -- never found that bit. All is kewl, though, as Chimbonda got his walking papers from Squatney Athletic literally minutes after Wigan's match on Saturday.

I think I've cut out all the dead wood, and kept an eye on players who don't have games this second "game week," as Barclay's Fantasy calls it.

So much for Rooney's injury, eh? But you'll have to do without him for a bit, now.

Gawd, that's a lot of catching up to do with the leaders, :shock:
Your Squatney Athletic
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:01 am

I'm trying to not use up my wild card too early; I just transferred out the two MIA players on my team for two back-line "value picks," took the four-point hit, and now I'm just gonna hope for the best.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:42 am

[FnG] 7uh wrote:I'm trying to not use up my wild card too early; I just transferred out the two MIA players on my team for two back-line "value picks," took the four-point hit, and now I'm just gonna hope for the best.
Great, throw that in my face, too!

My hit would've exceeded my points this week by far, so I am free-wheeling and changing everything (the wild card lasts until the next deadline).

Stoopit Notlob,
Your Squatney Athletic
Image Image

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, seems like my stratigy of picking my team blindfolded did not result in the huge score I expected... That is, if we're not playing golf...

Well, better luck next week! :mrgreen:
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] Kahbouter

Postby [FnG] Kahbouter » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:07 pm

You see what two more matches can to do one's score...

The Marvels down from first to 13th and Jules' team taking a reasonable lead. Emu scored some points as well ;)

Oh well, 6th place after the first round. No too bad :P

Kahbouter
Owner, manager, coach
East Bacon Divided

:gripe: Darn, I knew I had to put Rooney and Lampard in... :gripe:

[FnG] Jules

Postby [FnG] Jules » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:51 pm

This is how it's shaping up so far:

Im winning what's going on?!?

I think my taking of Lampard as captain helped he netted my team a healthy 20 which is just under Nessise's total :P

It would be good if an admin or Nihilist could put it on page one :)

[FnG] 7uh

Postby [FnG] 7uh » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:48 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:
[FnG] 7uh wrote:I'm trying to not use up my wild card too early; I just transferred out the two MIA players on my team for two back-line "value picks," took the four-point hit, and now I'm just gonna hope for the best.
Great, throw that in my face, too!

My hit would've exceeded my points this week by far, so I am free-wheeling and changing everything (the wild card lasts until the next deadline).

Yes, but you'll have the team you want, and will actually only be four points off Notlob once my penalty kicks in. I debated long and hard over whether or not to make major changes now; unfortunately my team is just about good enough for me not to want to take my wild card early.

I suspect the strategy of changing everything now and having the team you want, then using the weekly free transfers to tinker with the lineup and handle players on idle teams, could turn out to be the right one ... as several people have said, though, it's early days yet.

[FnG] Jules wrote:I think my taking of Lampard as captain helped he netted my team a healthy 20

I noticed this, and pointed it out as an example of why it might be good to select a top midfielder as captain rather than a top forward, since midfielders score one more point per goal (yet still have plenty of shot opportunities). Thierry obviously did squat for me as captain ... :?

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:11 pm

Plummeting from fifth to fifteenth was a spectacular and unwelcome position change. Not a good start. :(
ImageImage

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:18 pm

[FnG] Marksman wrote:Plummeting from fifth to fifteenth was a spectacular and unwelcome position change. Not a good start. :(
No fear, old chap — I'll show ya the ropes! Nothing a li'l tweakage can't fix... watch this!

* cuts Gerrard, makes Chimbonda captain *

:banned:
Image Image

[FnG] Seraph

Postby [FnG] Seraph » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Changed out one of my guys who had a hamstring injury, then transferred him out for another guy. No point deduction, no wild card played, so I'm happy with it.

Still sitting comfortably in fifth, your Shiverpool. =D

Return to “Media Discussion”