Back, I hope..

Discussion related to Welcoming or Introduction
[FnG] Teddy

Back, I hope..

Postby [FnG] Teddy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Ok, ok, most of you know I'm not new here but since I've been away for such a long time...

It all started early February. Because money is worth saving I had to change ISP. There's a big gap between 100 euro's and 40 euro's a month, right? I had Cable-internet and changed to Adsl. The connection with the new ISP should have been realised at the end of February. But by that time there was no connection and also no modem or login-name or password or whatsoever. After a few phone calls they admitted the problem and said I would get internet by the end of March. End of March, same problem. Same routine.. same remarks.. I had to wait 3 more weeks. After three weeks, guess away, no internet, no modem. I told them to shove it up their behind and canceled it. I took another ISP.. so far so good.

At the end of may I received the modem from the second ISP along with user names and passwords. Woohoo.. the world wide web was in reach. The connection was made for the 6th of June. But to my surprise I received a letter from the first ISP the very same week. It said the connection was ready for use at April 18th. Wha??? So where's the modem? Where are the passwords and user name? But most of all.. what's happening with the connection the 2nd ISP was supposed to deliver at June 6th?

2 Days later I received a modem from the first ISP. Followed by a letter with the login. Didn't I tell them a month earlier to stick it where the sun don't shine? Yes I did, they admitted there was a miscommunication between different departments. But the main problem was that the connection with the first ISP worked but the 2nd ISP didn't. After a few phone calls the 2nd ISP told me they "were actually delivering a signal". So I searched everywhere in my apartment for the main telephone connection in my apartment. It's build in the fifties, need I say more? I found it.. splitted the line and connected the modem from the 2nd ISP.

It worked.. (Imagine a choir singing Hallejuja, strings taking over to play a beautiful symphony)

So here I am.. 4 months later.

In the meantime my girlfriend and I decided we wanted to live together. We are about to buy a house in a small village. It's a new one, they start building it in September, should be done by June next year. Wish me luck :). I had a little car accident. Not my fault, insurance pays. :) I bought a new graphics card, 9600GT and ut3. So you guys will see me around.. If you can't find me in ut3.. try ut2k4.

See ya :)
Teddy
Those people who tell you not to take chances They are all missing on what life's about.

[FnG] Cooks

Re: Back, I hope..

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome back! :D Wondered where you'd been... :)

I'll keep an eye out for you in 2k4 as always :wink:

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi Teddy,

Nice to hear from you. Sorry you had such a rough time sorting out your ISP - they are all as bad as eachother. At least now it is working.

Good luck for you and your girlfriend - hope it works out for you :)

Not playing much UT - suggest you have a look at Call of Duty 4 *hint hint* :)

See ya soon.

Sphinx
You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FnG] Tigerlily

Postby [FnG] Tigerlily » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Teddybear!! Welcome home. As Spinksy said, we don't play UT3 at all, and 2K4 only on Tuesdays (when we remember :oops: ), but quite a lot of us play Call of Duty 4, which is good fun. Come and join us. :jump:
Jack of all trades, master of none.

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome back! :D

Just keep a keen eye on all things internetty, as your IP numbers, bills, stuff like that... Don't let them cheat you... ;)
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Good to see you again Teddy, congrats on buying the house :D

UT3 . . :cry: . . :( . . :? . . :roll: . . :lol: . . :D . . :lmao: . . :muaha:
(ow sorry, it's just that epic pulled of a lot of cr@p with the ut3 server stuff (and client side too))

As for the Internet providers . . they are all like Epic . . legal criminals :roll: . . promise a lot, make you pay, and poor delivery of goods/service..

As pointed out by others above, Call of Duty 4 is nice, and we're having good fun with it.

Lambik

ImageImage

[FnG] Teddy

Postby [FnG] Teddy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Thnx for the welcoming and congratulations folks. It's good to be back in several ways. Been hanging out with dk and jb and cooks I think on the "play" server last week. Good fun. I'll take a look at Call of duty 4. Never played any of the series.. maybe it's about time.

Spinksie and lily.. I'll see you Tuesdays then. I haven't played for 4 months so don't be afraid to get your behind kicked all over the place :).

Lambik.. if i remember well, you gave me a spare key to an online fantasy/ role playing game a few months ago. (can't remember the exact name at the moment) You can pass it to somebody else. Thnx for letting me in but I just couldn't get "into it". I hope you understand.

:)
Teddy
Those people who tell you not to take chances They are all missing on what life's about.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Lambik.. if i remember well, you gave me a spare key to an online fantasy/ role playing game a few months ago. (can't remember the exact name at the moment) You can pass it to somebody else. Thnx for letting me in but I just couldn't get "into it". I hope you understand.

Did I do that ? Can't remember it :oops: (only thing possible is a key for Guild Wars)
anyway, no problem for me, you should play things you like :D (like CoD4 :P , but I have no spare key for that :( )

Lambik

ImageImage

Return to “Welcoming”