Hello folks!

Discussion related to Welcoming or Introduction
GWIA-too

Hello folks!

Postby GWIA-too » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 am

Hey guys and gals it GWIA dropping by to see how everyone has been? I do not have the email to my old account anymore else I would have logged into it. Kril, Torgo, you two still around?

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Re: Hello folks!

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:10 am

Hi GWIA! Whoa, long time no see. Glad you're still kickin'!

Personally, I'm doing great. Finally getting around to shedding off some excess weight. My boy is owning the world of US junior long track speedskating. I'm getting to do some new stuff at work.

Kril is still around the forums, and the FaceBox, etc., but in general, the North American FnGers have drifted off, alas. Guild Wars 2 got a few folks (Malvos, EP) back together for a few weeks last year, and I still see Greyguy on Steam playing a lot of TF2 ... in a TF2 clan. I tried to get some interest going in a resurrected UT2004 server, but it didn't get a lot of activity. And most recently, I tried to join the FDGies in a forum-based game ("Mafia") which I wasn't able to devote enough time to, and failed miserably. I've also seen Drew/Crow and spim around randomly, once or twice. I found SouLCatcher on the FaceBox, and we exchanged a few messages. And that, in a nutshell, is the last 5 years.

:D

What have you been up to? And how's F'nor? Mang, we had some great times, back in the day.

GWIA-too

Postby GWIA-too » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:37 am

We are well. Buzz is doing well his oldest and mine took off to college this year so there has been some major adjustments here. My wife, son and I are playing GW2 now and enjoying it. I agree that the UT with FnG was some of the most fun I had gaming. As for my son he is the JV goalie for the local high school's lacrosse team and he is enjoying it greatly.

We do need to try and get some of the old crew together and do something.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 am

GWIA-too wrote:We do need to try and get some of the old crew together and do something.

Count me in! I'd set up an NA UT2004 server again, given a week's notice and a reasonable chance that it's be used now and then. Say, for a Thursday evening or two.

What GW2 server, er, shard, er, WORLD are you on? I'm not heavily invested in my current guild - the only reason I'm there is because Chokky (you might remember him from FDG when they were occasionally joining us on Thursdays) is one of the guild leaders. But I did work pretty hard to set up a personal guild on Maguuma, for the extra storage.

I'd certainly come and guest on your world for the chance to run around with buddies again. GW2 has become a single-player game for me lately. I don't think I've even joined a PUG for a dungeon since sometime last summer.

I think Kril still plays GW2, on occasion. I see him online once in a while. I think he's on the Euro server that the FnG guild was on, before most of FnG left the game. But heck, Kril should be leaving a post on this thread ... any moment now.

My GW2 main is an Asura Engineer, "Troog." Please send me an IM in the game! Add me as a fiend, er, friend. I'm online doing something, even if it's just the daily achievements, several times a week.

GWIA-too

Postby GWIA-too » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:33 am

Awesome. I would have to dig up my old copy of UT and reinstall it.

As for GW it is my wife, son, myself and a few friends that played WoW with. I have my own guild in GW. Nothing big at all in fact it is tiny but that is how I like it. The others play every now and then but the three of us, my family, play almost every night on Jade Quarry. I am not into the big guild things anymore because the drama that I saw in wow frm raiding so much. Give me a shout, my id is Bigbubba.5246.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

That's a blast from the past!!! :waving:

As you see a bunch of us are still around :mrgreen:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

GWIA-too

Postby GWIA-too » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey Bunny! How have you been?

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Still going strong this side of the pond :mrgreen:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am

Hey dude, great to hear you are doing well. I'd love to join for a good old game on the NA servers like the old times, but sadly enough, it's difficult to combine work these days with staying up till 3 to 4 am :/ .
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm still around a little too! I've been playing a little GW2 recently; don't really have a lot of time for gaming anymore but have run in to Torgo occasionally (i.e. maybe once in the last couple years).

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Howdy, Gwier! How's the ole fella, eh? :waving:

Yes, I'm still lurking about. Glad to hear you're doing well, and Buzz (F'Nor) too.
(and also happy to hear about Troogo too, while we're at it)

Guild Wars 2 is about the full extent of my online gaming (apart from fantasy basketball and the local FnG fantasy footy). I cut sort of a lonely figure on FnG's Aurora Glade (Euro) server. However, I had sort of a 'breakthrough' with finally understanding the mechanics of the skill sets and traits about 3 or 4 months ago and have been really enjoying playing (properly) my thief, necromancer, engineer and elementalist. It's lots more fun, now that I can get buffs to stack and combos an' such to work ( = less dying, more killing :) ).

I'm fixing to start some kind of mesmer soon, I fink.

I'd be happy to guest on whatever server (or move somewhere, even) in order to party up with some partiers and go shooting' 'em wit magic and swords.

:thumbup: :crazy:
--kril out-- :partyhat:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

GWIA-too

Postby GWIA-too » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 am

Awesome! Torgo joined us for a little running around and doing a little more than dying, hahaha. My wife is leveling her second toon, a warrior, and I just got my second toon, a guardian, to 80. Come join the fun. :D

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Euro UT2004 server still has a couple of die-hards playing (myself included once a week or so)!

UT2004 will never die (completely).

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:45 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:UT2004 will never die (completely).

+1

Best game of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Although I'm down to playing against bots a couple times a month.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 am

Related to this thread, I just posted a request for a possible FnG 2k4 reunion in March 2014. Check it out, please.

Return to “Welcoming”