New Year's GW Resolution

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Re: New Year's GW Resolution

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:50 am

Meanwhile, I've been looking for a reason to keep grinding on GW1. There's probably a pathological reason for it, but I choose not to consider that.

I've already helped a FDGie get the 3 points of PvPishness necessary for the max HoM points by giving him my ZKeys. I'd be happy to keep going, and get you the 200 ZKeys necessary, or as many as I can.

I see you also need a number of minipets. I can probably help you there.

You need a lot of armor. I can help scrounge the raw materials, if you help me know what to scrounge for.

I was putting together spreadsheets on what I needed for various GW things before Lambik put his excellent database online. I groove on that kind of thing. (But alas, I'm usually too narcissistic to share my methods with others; or maybe it's for fear of being diagnosed with something or other.)

Woot! I have a purpose again!

Whaddaya need next? Zkeys? Minipets? What else? 50/50 is attainable, mang!! It takes a village, but yeah!

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Mon May 16, 2011 7:36 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:I can try to be on during my lunch tomorrow (May 16), ready to go at noon (6 p.m. your time), I think.
Does that work for you?
Ah heck, got dragged outta the house last night and didn't see this message, then got held up at work this evening so I'm only just back. I'm logged in now if you're still around for 20 or so to wrap Eternal Groove up?

@Torgo - duly noted and thanks! I'll have a rummage around my stuff and see what's the most efficient way of progressing. Cheers, dude! :worship:
ImageImage

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm

[FnG] Marksman wrote:Ah heck, got dragged outta the house last night and didn't see this message, then got held up at work this evening so I'm only just back. I'm logged in now if you're still around for 20 or so to wrap Eternal Groove up
Just logged off, no Marky Mark around. Don't got enough time now, sorry. We'll try again.

Saw Sfinksy online for the first time in ages. Said hi, got ignored. Then he logged off.

Ah, friends, these are the fun times!

'tis sweet,
--kril out-- :horror:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Mon May 16, 2011 8:23 pm

NP mate, we can't align the planets every time. Quite amused that we have often this year, unplanned and not pre-arranged, coincided our GW online moments, but not when we've actually said we'll do it. Dems da breaks, I guess! :laugh:

Next time, perhaps (although meeting a client after work next Monday and she's a real talker; difficult to get away from so could be nearer 7 next week).

A whole bunch o' people turned up in the outpost at 6:40 and all of them ignored my pleas for assistance. Rat bags. :gripe:

Sphinxy obviously couldn't hear you shouting because of the noise from his tractor outside. TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP, LAD! :toot: :wink:
ImageImage

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon May 16, 2011 8:44 pm

[FnG] Marksman wrote:Next time, perhaps (although meeting a client after work next Monday and she's a real talker; difficult to get away from so could be nearer 7 next week).
We don't have to wait until next Monday (as far as I'm concerned).

Tomorrow is ok for me again. (my constraint is, if we don't start near the beginning of my lunch, then I don't have time to finish the quest/mission proper. i.e. I can't just add a half hour onto lunch in order to start questin' halfway through it. heh)

Another thought — if you're any kind of night owl, I could make a special effort to be home and online after work by, say, 6:15–6:30 p.m.
That'd be 12:15–12:30 a.m. for you. (I could do this perhaps Wed. this week) Be done by 1 a.m.-ish your time.

Also, if 7 p.m.-ish is better for you, then I can just take my lunch later, like 1 p.m. my time.

Let me know what works best, thanks,
--kril out-- :dizzy:
Image Image

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm

That's most kind Monsieur Kril, thank you for offering. :worship:

I'm no kind of night-owl, unfortunately. My gaming schedule pretty much boils down to Monday evenings and Saturday mornings in order to get all the all mental-busy life stuff in (employment? Who's nutty idea was that gig? :gripe: That's gonna be over as soon as I can make it be): I usually collapse into bed about 11pm here.

No worries though. I'll scribble a note on here if there's an evening that pops up unexpectedly and see what happens, and in the mean time look forward to the beginning of next week.

Point of trivia running behind my GW delving at the moment: I debated going backwards through Prophecies with my Ranger, who's got the second half of the campaign wrapped up but not the first, having joined from Cantha (which he's also half-done. Pfff.) But in the end I decided to propel a young Elementalist through the story from the start in order to get another strong character with a full complement of skills and able to earn all the material and gold I'll need for swish armour, etc. Ele's seem to be popular for farming builds and I've often been curious about playing as one (unlike Monks, a profession I'm strangely ambivalent about, for some reason), so that works for me.
ImageImage

[FnG] Lightning

Postby [FnG] Lightning » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Do you guys have a guild going or something? Let me in on what's going on! :waving:

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 pm

[FnG] Lightning wrote:Do you guys have a guild going
Sure do. Same guild Rotten Emu set up for us six years ago — FnG.

@ Marksman: Looking for you in game right now.
Where am jo0? Didn't see you last Monday.

--kril out-- :mrgreen:
Image Image

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Finally got Marksman's Eternal Grove knocked out today, which gave him his "Protector of Cantha' statue for his Hall o' Monumentz.
Congratz, Marky Mark!

Over the weekend I did a couple more Glint's Challengez and a Shadow Nexus run for two Mysterious Armor bits
to get my final four heroes into HoM to complete 30-out-of-30 rewards in GW2.

I did full Fissure of Woe run (all quests to end chest) last weekend for the last statue I needed.

Yay! :woot: :Bcheerleader: 30/30 with no grindage (so to speak).
No cartographers title, no HM mission titles, no skill-hunter titles, ha! :star:
Mostly minis and heroes.

thankyouvermuch, -Elvis
--kril out-- :partyhat:
Image Image

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Wewt and Wewt!

[FnG] Marksman

Postby [FnG] Marksman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Now then, I know what you're all thinking: how's Marksman's never-ending challenge to add some more woot-age to his Hall o' Monuments coming along? Well, this weekend I've taken three more HOM steps to happiness when Spurious Goldleaf, backtracking through Prophecies to wrap up the early missions and bonuses (easier than trying to thrash through the tougher later ones with a new character, I figured in the end) came up with this nifty title:

Onwards and upwards - there's still more work to (slowly) do! :horror:
ImageImage

Return to “MMO Gaming”