7 Heroes & Embark Beach – March 3rd Update

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

7 Heroes & Embark Beach – March 3rd Update

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:50 pm

It's here! Moderate woot.

Embark Beach Update! :yahoo:

• Embark Beach location added to the Battle Isles. You can group up and leave for any mission from here. (use map boat to get there the first time)
  • Added new Zaishen Vanquish quests to Embark Beach. All zones are in the rotation.

Heroes:
  • You can now have seven heroes in your party. But you can't individually flag heroes 4-8 (group flag only). FoW/UW crazy kewl group builds, here I come! :D
  • Heroes are now sorted by profession in the "Add a Hero" drop-down menu and Party Search panel! Yay.
  • New Mercenary Hero slots are available for $$ purchase. Makes a copy of your own toons to use as heroes.
    You can use a PvP slot to roll and re-roll a clone squad of all necros or all paragons (all you). Meh. Can't use PvE skills, same as other heroes.
  • Mercenary Registrars are now in the Great Temple of Balth, Lion’s Arch, Eye up da North, Walter Koenig Center and Spamadan.
  • The "Leave" button in the party window now lets players kick all heroes from the party.

Pre-Searing Updates:
  • New Pre-Searing quests are available from Lieutenant Langmar in Ascalon City. (LDoA just got a lot less silly)
  • Kimmes the Historian now in Ascalon City. (access to your Hall without having to leave pre-sear)
  • Added a skills vendor (Halbrik) to Ascalon City. (pre-searing skills only)

Titles-Made-Easier Updates:
  • Drunkard title now awards points based upon the number and strength of drinks consumed.
    (you can watch title bar move across screen as you click stacks of drinks.)
  • Survivor title now awards rank based upon the most experience gained between deaths. Now you can get Leg Surv on any toon. Just don't die.
  • Typing "/deaths" now correctly displays experience gained since death.

UI Updates:
  • New Minion UI Palette! Enhanced minion control and also spirits. Called with the 'Y' key.
  • Added an online status drop-down box to the character select screen.
  • Added a "Ready" status drop-down box to the party window.

Official Info here

Gonna have to outfit/rune up a few more of my heroes now,
--kril out-- :mrgreen:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: 7 Heroes & Embark Beach – March 3rd Update

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:37 pm

"Survivor title now awards rank based upon the most experience gained between deaths. Now you can get Leg Surv on any toon. Just don't die."

That ladies and gentleman will be Eves 30th Title just watch this space :D

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:38 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:"Survivor title now awards rank based upon the most experience gained between deaths. Now you can get Leg Surv on any toon. Just don't die."

So let me get this straight...

First they release the title well after my necro has died a few times... don't reward it based on experience while he successfully clears the UW over 150 times without dying because he died once back in pre-searing...

...then I redo it with a Paragon and get the title the way they want it to be gotten...

...then they redo it in such a way that my necro would have completed it four years ago? :stars:

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:28 pm

You seem to have a solid grasp of the survivor title and its history, yep.
:cheerleader:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Well look at it this way, all the peeps who did cartography title before there were the mapping tools to help, say the same thing concerning cartography title - easy to do when you know where you have been.

All they are trying to do is ensure as much of the player base migrates to GW2 as possible - give everyone rewards, everyone is happy and will be wanting their rewards in GW2.
You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

Return to “MMO Gaming”