GW 2 beta sign-up!

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Re: GW 2 beta!

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:37 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:You know I think we were conned here...
What was the whole point of the beta sign up in feb if they were going to do prepurchase beta access in april?
The "Weekend Beta Events" you get to casually play in by pre-purchasing and being an actual beta tester who has to sign an NDA and submit feedback and performance reports are two completely different things.

They are only somewhat related by having the word 'beta' in them... No con; just misunderstanding.

This thread is(was) about the non-weekend, real beta testing — not the pre-purchase bonus.

hope that helps,
--kril out-- :mrgreen:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:58 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:
[FnG] Hanno wrote:You know I think we were conned here...
What was the whole point of the beta sign up in feb if they were going to do prepurchase beta access in april?
The "Weekend Beta Events" you get to casually play in by pre-purchasing and being an actual beta tester who has to sign an NDA and submit feedback and performance reports are two completely different things.

They are only somewhat related by having the word 'beta' in them... No con; just misunderstanding.

This thread is(was) about the non-weekend, real beta testing — not the pre-purchase bonus.

hope that helps,
--kril out-- :mrgreen:

I realise all of that but my contention was the length of time between the real beta applications and the 'beta' events didnt seem very long.
Just a bit suspious that the Beta application was even more of marketing exercise than normal, and was actually a smash and grab on your details.

"Shame you didnt get into the main Beta, but if you buy early you can have some..."

Personally I cant be playing now, and hope the game doesnt come out until AUGUST 31st then I wont get too far behind everyone else :-0
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:06 pm

If you have GW1, they have all your details anyway. ;)
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Don't worry Hanno if you do get left behind I'll help drag you kicking and screaming to the rest of us :p

Return to “MMO Gaming”