Guild Wars 2 — 1st Weekend Beta Event

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Re: Guild Wars 2 — 1st Weekend Beta Event

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Okay, you're now anxious to see the glitch of the Thief suit.

Glitch.jpg

ImageImage

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:53 pm

The theory about the armour skins not being complete seems solid to me. The scenes with characters talking to each other have a "work in progress" warning stamped at the top right, which makes me think proper cut-scenes are still in development. If that's the case, it seems sensible/likely the armour/weapon skins are still not complete.

At this point, we don't know how far off the game release date really is. Things like cutscenes and item skins can be inserted at any point during the process with no great amount of playtesting needed, so it seems very logical we could see those inserted near the end of the dev cycle.

I also noted the use of DX9; seems unlikely to me that things would remain there.
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 pm

[FnG] Lambik wrote:Okay, you're now anxious to see the glitch of the Thief suit.
OK, thanks for that image.

I can confirm that she's wearing actual engineer armor (still ugly, though).
And if that's true, then they certainly are NOT showing us finished armor, by any stretch of the imagination (or buttocks).

The good news is, we've seen stuff, yet can STILL look forward to being impressed/amazed by the 'finished' stuff, later. :thumbup:

The glass — it's half full (of ugly armor), :P
--kril out-- :mrgreen:

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Since the engineers, thieves, and rangers all wear medium armor, it is correct, and by design, that a starting thief's armor would be identical to a starting engineer. But there should eventually be 57 varieties of armor, so dissatisfaction with the starting set shouldn't be THAT much to worry about. :8

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Just picked up this bit of infor from one of the devs "Anthony Ordon":

"There are many special armors and weapons to work towards. You can browse selection from the “cultural armor” vendors that you can find in major cities. Also, Lion’s Arch has an entire section of vendors who sell specific gear that you can only unlock by completing explorable versions of various dungeons, all which are very unforgiving to uncoordinated groups.

There’s also a ton of unique weapon and armor appearances to be found or even purchased from the renown heart vendors. The best thing about is that you can apply these appearances to whatever gear you want by using a transmutation stone. One of my personal favorites is the hammer that looks like a giant anchor."

All's well by the sound of it :yahoo:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 pm

[FnG] Torgo 3000 wrote:Since the engineers, thieves, and rangers all wear medium armor, it is correct, and by design, that a starting thief's armor would be identical to a starting engineer.
That may be true, but a ranger or thief looking like they're about to train dogs or defuse bombs is simply incredibly stupid-looking.
Four thumbs and a fart-fist DOWN.

YMMV, void up Wisconsin,
--k o-- :dizzy:

P.S. @ Rampy: Thanks for that — sounds good.
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

The difficulty level in the Charr area was almost certainly down to the popularity of the Charr race. It was a prime example of event scaling in action.

The scaling is clearly buffing damage too much, when it really should just be HP, defenses, and number of spawns. Regardless of how many players are involved, a 1-shot is not good design. The number of times I got 1shot by a non-choreographed move in the Charr area was rather amusing. I suspect this can be tuned fairly easily, though.

Some of the story missions (for all races) are definitely horribly overtuned though...yeesh.
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Coz teaming up was bit difficult this betaweekend maybe it's better to decide
what server we're gonna play on when/if we have choice .
This weekend the Vabbiserver was one of the most populated server when we started

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Hey guys!

After a few little fireworks over on the Fudge forums during our recruitment threads, I wanted to stop by and talk to you fellows for a bit. :)

We're focusing largely on USA-based players for FDG, and given how GW2 is going to isolate by region for servers (USA servers, Euro servers, etc), it is very unlikely that we'd even be able to take any euro players in the first place.

1) Do you have any interest in us sending Euro players your way as we meet them?

2) Would you like to post up a FnG synopsis in our Guild Wars 2 recruiting thread on the official forums? We're sorta linked teams at this point - what with our crossover of members and mixed genes and such - so we'd gladly share the bumps of our thread with you for the purpose of bringing you the awesomest of players east-of-the-pond. :)

Lemme know!

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm

@ Sundae: Yeah, I posted in your recruiting thread (both at GW2 forums*, and on your forum). FYI
*See what I did there? :razz:

[FDG]Sundae wrote:1) Do you have any interest in us sending Euro players your way as we meet them?
As I said in your forum, sure, send our way anyone you think might like it.

[FDG]Sundae wrote:2) Would you like to post up a FnG synopsis in our Guild Wars 2 recruiting thread on the official forums?
Yeah, much appreciated, but you might not want to weaken your own recruiting effort talking about some other clan (even though we're good buddies and all) — you certainly don't owe us that, or anything.

We haven't really come up with any formal recruiting plan (at least not like the Fudgies), but I'm sure we'll work it out eventually. :D
(or just let Lily and Sfinkz play-test and add new peeps, as usual) :wink:

Here's kewl vid of the Lion's Arch high dive I posted screens of.

Damn! I didn't realize you could do tricks an' sh*t! Must ... try ... somersault.
NOOOOO, BETA TURNED OFF!f

AAaaaaiiiggh!!!
:horror:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 pm

I jumped of that spot too, face down, but unfortunately there wasn't a rock nearby.

Sure gonna try 1337-style jumping too next beta. :rockin:

ImageImage

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:Damn! I didn't realize you could do tricks an' sh*t! Must ... try ... somersault.
NOOOOO, BETA TURNED OFF!f

AAaaaaiiiggh!!!
:horror:

:panic: I miss it to, I wasn't finished checking out every corner of Lions Arch . . .think i'm going back to :bedrime:
till next Beta weekend

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue May 29, 2012 1:04 pm

Heroes of Tyria!

My name is Chris Whiteside, and I’m the lead producer of Guild Wars 2. Normally, I’m head-down in the trenches, making sure we’re producing the best MMO possible, but I wanted to come up for air and share some exciting news with you:
Beta Weekend Event 2 will begin on Friday, June 8th, at noon PDT (GMT-7) and will run until Sunday, June 10th, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT-7).

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-next-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend

YAY!!! :wave:

Return to “MMO Gaming”