Maguuma for NA

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Maguuma for NA

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Dredd (the artist formerly known as Seraph) put out word that the FDGies will be setting up shop on the Maguuma server.

Anet has announced that there will be free server transfers for an undetermined period of time after launch, and guesting will be free thereafter. It looks like there'll be lots of opportunities to play on whatever server, with whomever we wish. Kudos, Anet! 8)

Personally, I expect to do most of my playing on Maguuma, but I look forward to being a guest when the opportunity arises.

This forum is pretty quiet vis a vis GW2 - I assume there will be an FnG guild, yes? Based on a Euro server? Which one, pray tell?

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: Maguuma for NA

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 pm

In good ol FnG style we haven't planned anything at all :cheerleader:

The beta's were all at vabi so i guess vabi seems an obvious choice :crazy: i havent even looked at pro and cons of various servers (are there even any except for ping or so?)

Of course there will be an FnG guild :woot:

Edit: I did update my client today already but may not be able to make it on the 25th at least not till later due to family stuff (daar is that weird word again " family" :chin: )
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 am

I would say the pros and cons for a server are how well the pvpers do in WvWvW. If they do well then us pvers get bonuses if no then we miss out.

I should be online for the go live at 7am GMT Saturday morning so I could struggle to set the guild up etc. if no one else will be there at the same time.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

Just make sure you're on TS so we can harangue you as well Eve.

I've ordered the normal version from Amazon, so will be starting on the proper release date, post and work allowing.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm

\o/

Anet has said that they will start to bring up servers up to 3 hours before the official launch. That's an insane time for Europe, but makes things a bit easier for us. :D

Well, in a sense, it's insanity all around. Thousands of F5 keys being mashed for 3 hours straight.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Wooooo 3 whole hours so that's a 4am start..... Do I go to sleep early or stay up all night with energy drinks and coffee.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Wooooo 3 whole hours so that's a 4am start..... Do I go to sleep early or stay up all night with energy drinks and coffee.

Sleep early then you can stay awake and play for the following 48 hours, hopefully saving lots of 'legendary' items for us late starters to twink.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:
[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Wooooo 3 whole hours so that's a 4am start..... Do I go to sleep early or stay up all night with energy drinks and coffee.

Sleep early then you can stay awake and play for the following 48 hours, hopefully saving lots of 'legendary' items for us late starters to twink.

Or I can pull an all nighter fulled with energy drinks as it might be the last time before I turn 25! next month and finally become old.... just like Sphinx keeps telling me

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 am

I was going to be on Maguuma anyway, some friends are rolling there. Works out nicely. :)
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:39 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:
[FnG] Hanno wrote:

Or I can pull an all nighter fulled with energy drinks as it might be the last time before I turn 25! next month and finally become old.... just like Sphinx keeps telling me

:greyguy:

got one of these lined up for you Eve http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=pimped ... 2,s:0,i:76 to help you keep feeling youthful :mrgreen:
You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:

There're worse things than being old....

not getting old for a starter, usually puts a hole in your social life.

And being old fat bald incontinent impotent and flatulent, would be nearly as bad.

Anyway as I get older, I don't think 25 is old at all, anyone under 30 looks like a teenager to me.

Sort of had a shock the other day, when I saw Micheal J. Fox is 51 now.
And then (Wil Wheaton) Wesley Crusher out of Star Trek next generation is 40 now.
All of the people I saw on TV in my youth are now old...
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:55 pm

I know what you mean Hanno - Arnie playing Terminator now? I need your clothes, your boots and your walking stick :) having said that Sylvester Stallone still plays Rocky :P

You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:51 pm

[FnG] Nihilist wrote:I was going to be on Maguuma anyway, some friends are rolling there. Works out nicely. :)

\o/

(glad we're not keeping you from your friends. heh.)

See you on Maguuma. 8)

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:05 pm

Ended up on Henge of Denravi due to login issues. :/
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] wittgenstein

Postby [FnG] wittgenstein » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:38 pm

greetings,

I'm managed to get on Maguuma. I have no idea what character names to search for... so...

can someone send a guild invite to "Rigor Vitae"?

thanks, witt

Return to “MMO Gaming”