WvWvW play and Teamspeak

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Hanno

WvWvW play and Teamspeak

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Aurora Glade is also mid table in WvWvW but we can't go up against Whiteside or Augury Rock, they're too strong for us at the moment. I't also hasn't helped that our WvWvW players don't act as a group unit yet so they get slaughtered by the invaders.

Me and Hanno proved a point to the server by grabbing 3 other people partying up and sneaking from our spawn through the lake and down one of the rivers to the southern most supply camp (deep in enemy territory at this point) and capped it from the stronger team as they forced their way up the west side of the map.

It's easier with a good team.

Its good when people work together but annoying when everyones all over the place.

But you need someone on the server to show leadership who can type fast to keep people all herded in the same direction.
I saw Eve helping to chivy people right , but I honestly have little interest in trying to as my patience is pretty low.

Its much more fun playing this as a 5 man raiding squad but really we would need to get everyone on Teamspeak.
As you need to get in and get out quickly, and typing instructions takes too long (as Eve found - I was old and lazy
and let him do the hard work)
This would be really good if we can get a full FnG party going on TS and could be great fun.

Had some good fun at the weekend in general playing alongside Eve. It would be nice to party up with
more FnG. I saw quite a few people logged as FnG guild but very little guild chatter and people were getting on doing
there own thing. Maybe I just scared everyone off teamspeak and no one remembed to tell Eve :-)
Saying that I think I am going to have to gag Erin when I'm playing as she keeps shouting over my shoulder.
I think Eve knows more about Erins mechano than I do now....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: WvWvW play and Teamspeak

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Erin has PINK mechano how cool is that!

But Hanno is right a good 5 man team is great for sneaking all over the place and getting through the enemies. So is having a few people dishing out orders to the rabble that is WvWvW we managed to claim back 2 heavily fortified Keeps and defend them for most if not all of the remaining night.

As long as you follow the orders that are barked at you by someone it gets the job done.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:28 pm

I'll try and convince Lambik to give that a try,
He still doesnt like the PvE much but we could join you and see what PvP is like.
I didnt do much PvP in the original GW so will probably mess up :oops:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm

[FnG] Yasmin wrote:I'll try and convince Lambik to give that a try,
He still doesnt like the PvE much but we could join you and see what PvP is like.
I didnt do much PvP in the original GW so will probably mess up :oops:

Shouldnt worry I got us killed twice when we were meant to be hiding by accidently dodging out of our hiding place. :jester:
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

It's not like the PvP of the old game. Them lot get their own fancy PvP areas too. Think of WvWvW as PvP light.

You can stay away from the big fighting at the "keeps" where it can get messy and stick to some of the smaller things like the supply camps and supply caravans.

Normally I try to take a "tower" or like yesterday a big ass "keep" for FnG (claiming the keep got us 50 guild influence :D).

It's at least worth a try once or twice and it's a good spot for gathering crafting materials, it has the first 3 levels of ore, trees and a lot of plants to gather.

Hanno can also tell you that you get better armour drops too.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:
Hanno can also tell you that you get better armour drops too.

OOOOOooooo :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

[FnG] Silke

Postby [FnG] Silke » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:07 pm

:D I think i would like to try some" pvp light" sometime i will be gone for this week but home again at the weekend.

Do you need to be a certain level or something ? :D

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm

No, you get scaled up in level so everybody is level 80.

We were talking about having Wednesday evening to be WvWvW evening… all in favour say AYE.

But for Mr Silke we'll hopefully have a go at the weekend as well.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Yup me and Hanno will drag anyone along on our WvWvW lessons.

Only thing is with there being a vast amount of players "testing" out WvWvW, the wait time can be quite high.
Just took me an hour to get into a server tonight, just to do a bit of crafting material farming.

So probably need to agree a time in advance and queue up, or move to a quieter server while the free transfers are still running.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 pm

WvWvW is absolutely awesome. :) I wish our server wasn't so gung-ho about it, because now I can never get in to play it. :lol:

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 pm

[FDG]Sundae wrote:WvWvW is absolutely awesome. :) I wish our server wasn't so gung-ho about it, because now I can never get in to play it. :lol:

This!
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 pm

2+ hour wait times yesterday. I gave up and did something else. Need to get in early to bark orders to the rabble and push it together into 1 entity.

EVE for Aurora Glade Commander :hellracer:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:20 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:EVE for Aurora Glade Commander :hellracer:

Nobody else is stupid enough to want the job .... :jester:
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Well there is that too but shhhhhhhhh

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Waits that long are basically impossible for me at this point in my life.

I get home from work between 16h and 19h depending on what is happening, eat dinner, get in my daily writing quota, and then turn around and it's 21h already. One hour until bedtime. Wait in the WvW queue... nothing... nothing... okay bedtime. Zzzz.

Tough to play like that. :lol: Sometimes I don't even get out of the overflow during that hour :D

Return to “MMO Gaming”