WvWvW play and Teamspeak

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Hanno

Re: WvWvW play and Teamspeak

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 pm

I agree Sundae , the waits are killing WvW for me. When you've only got a shortish period whilst you can play and stay awake ....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:20 pm

I certainly have to give WvW a try, might be more about teamplay then PvE is.
This afternoon I noticed you start at lvl 1 in WvW (at least if I was in WvW that is)

Have to practice a bit and probably lvl up first 8)

:waving:

ImageImage

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:46 am

You get boosted to level 80 in WvWvW so its a level'd playing field but traits and equipment make the difference.

Yes you do need to play as a group in WvWvW otherwise you have to run with a random group constantly with no plan.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 pm

[FnG] Lambik wrote:I certainly have to give WvW a try, might be more about teamplay then PvE is.
This afternoon I noticed you start at lvl 1 in WvW (at least if I was in WvW that is)

Have to practice a bit and probably lvl up first 8)

:waving:

You are artificially boosted to level 80, but your traits / skills / equips stay the same. However, you will continue to gain experience from events, kills, dailies, etc, while you're in there.

There are a few ways that work well for playing: #1 - Run with a guild group, #2 - Run with 'the mob' (you'll see it), and #3 - Join your big WvW coalition on your server. Most servers have one.

For #1, that's obvious. For #2, just do what the swarm is doing. For #3, you'd have coordinated attacks, grouping, etc over team speak or mumble with a shard-wide alliance, usually. Depends how your group does it. We run with GOON sometimes, and it's literally a mumble server with 75-100 people dividing themselves into rooms so they don't talk over each other while they tear most other shards apart. Now that we're up to one-week-long matches instead of one-day-long, I think we're going to see more competitive play from it. (Why play for 1-day matches?)

Yes you do need to play as a group in WvWvW otherwise you have to run with a random group constantly with no plan.

This can still be fun, but it's not as effective if the opponent has a clue. I ran with the mob against Henge of Denravi, and they tore us a new one pretty quickly even though we outnumbered them by 2:1 or 3:1. Wasn't pretty. On the other hand, Sorrow's Furnace and Tarnished Coast can't PvP their way out of a wet paper bag. Some of us were singlehandedly taking down 3-4 of them at a time. :lol: I was running around and shooting them off cliffs with knockback bullets.

Return to “MMO Gaming”