So what do you all think to GW 2?

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: So what do you all think to GW 2?

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:52 pm

[FDG]Sundae wrote:DDO was enjoyable if your only other option was Bejeweled, I guess. We played it for a few weeks as a guild, and literally nobody could stand how bad that game was. I'd even take Aion over that piece of junk. :lol:

@Sundae: Judging by some facebook comments Liking GW2 is grounds for that to ;)

Very fair. :D Though... I think Facebook comments as a whole are a sign of end-times. It's like reading youtube comments- best not done unless you've had a stiff drink first. :)

That is certainly good advice ;)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:43 am

Sorry guys, I've sort of lost interest in GW2 , can't even get the enthusism to switch on again for the end of the halloween thing.
Real life also thrown a couple of spanners this way meaning I can't play much in the evenings anyway.

SO
Hanno has offically left the building :arrow:
Tell me what game we're playing next and I'll try and be there - unless we go back to COD4 or BF3 to see what they feel like again.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Ill be sure to be around a few more times. Just a bit busy with WoW and Xcom atm.
And, well, work ...
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:21 pm

In the past few weeks I've found GW's to be a very lonely place to be.
I've done all the Halloween Acts 1-3 just waiting till Act 4 starts but until it does I doubt I'll be in game most of the time I log on, run about a bit then log off thinking What's the point?
After that I again probably wont be back till the "big" content release on the 15/11/2012

[FnG] XQZ

Postby [FnG] XQZ » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 am

I am kind of .. late, but heres my opinion anyway.

I cant say that I like the game very much either. It just doesnt feel right. As some of you have already experienced, I never got the feeling that it was important what I am doing. Part of the problem is the open world design for sure, which I simply dont like as much as the instances in Guild wars 1. Im walking around, slaying everything infront of me, just to look back.. and nothing changed. Every enemy is back and alive again. The other part of the problem is that there are always people around me. I want to discover, be part of Quests that feel like I stumbled upon them, not meet 5 other guys doing what Im doing.

That didnt really stop me from playing actually, what annoyes me so much more are the little details..
- Why is my chest so small and unreachable from so many places? Even within the giant, though beautiful cities, I cant find them properly
- Why do I have to pay for every single travel Im doing? WHO am I paying actually?!
- When being in a party with another one: why I cant see properly where he stands? I miss the old space buttom that made me walk there automatically. Why doesnt he join me when I leave a place?

I dont want to stretch this too much. Ugly, expensive in game store, races that feel like none, the lack of proper tasks (Am I dealing damage or healing now? Why did they even need me as a mesmer?) and so on.

What really dissapointed me, whas when I realized there will never be something like Mallyx.
Something that requieres proper team work, preparation and dedication. The biggest thing I encountered yet was a giant Dragon. People were even waiting for this one .. But yeah, random spells later he was dead.

No Mallyx, Urgoz, Kanaxai.. That really kept me going in GW. Will never forget how I did my first run in Hard Mode.
Even if they add such a hard mode in the future.. It couldnt work anyway. In GW2 it doesnt matter what race you are, what skills you have, nothing.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Dito on the above . . . :( and sorry to see you experience the same.

Seems GW was a one of a kind game, and despite all the posts on GW forums about simular observations as you did, I don't think that type of game will ever come back.
The drive behind game creations is not the game it self, or the user experience, but it is about the profit margin, and how to maximize it at all costs.

Humans turning into Ferengi more and more... :rolleyes:

ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Two months on since I last played this.
Emm I can't even remember what the game was like.

Must of been popcorn - okay at the time but you forget you've had it a while later...
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

Return to “MMO Gaming”