[FnG] Nihilist

Re: So what do you all think to GW 2?

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:40 pm

The human area swamp boss was a blast.
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Silke

Postby [FnG] Silke » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:16 pm

I do like the game,i like roaming around the world just pick a fight when i want to.
I have had some good and bad moments in this game (i am only lvl 35) .
But just as Rampy say it is more a solo game you dont need too have a group to do most of the quests maybe that will change later in the game.
I will stick to the game for now and try to finish it maybe there will be changes to it further on.

I hope we can meet and gang up sometime.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

[FnG] Silke wrote:I do like the game,i like roaming around the world just pick a fight when i want to.
I have had some good and bad moments in this game (i am only lvl 35) .
But just as Rampy say it is more a solo game you dont need too have a group to do most of the quests maybe that will change later in the game.
I will stick to the game for now and try to finish it maybe there will be changes to it further on.

I hope we can meet and gang up sometime.

Yep Likewise I would like to gang up on you, and get your mobbed by da monsters as well Silke :-)

Get your silkeness on teamspeak for all the fun of the fair!
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 pm

I read someone saying that underwater combat is badly done, but i like it so much. I think it is one of the coolest things in the game. Whenever I see an excuse to jump into the water then I'm taking a swim xD
I like the off quests too, that you can water some plants instead of having to kill some mobs. Thus far they have usually given several options in how to complete such quests.

Thus far the most annoying things that i have heard of are bugs, like skill points that you cannot get, and thus cannot complete your zone.

I also have some problems with killing higher level mobs, A one on one goes suprisingly well but higher levels, as in 2+ and up starts going very difficult, and then i see other classes taking them on without too much effort. ( I play mesmer) Though generally I can manage most things, but it takes effort.
The learning curve feels rather steep too.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Well 7 weeks on and I'm a bit bored now.

After just logging out I'm thinking to myself what do I do now?

I'm level 80, explored 99.9% of the world map with only 2 small bits left to uncover, done a dungeon or 3, exotic gear on 2 toons, played in Orr and killed a few dragons.

Looking through whats left to do, jump puzzles, dungeons, the main story, WvWvW and make a legendary weapon, I'm just not feeling it anymore. The main story is boring, the legendary weapons are stupidly expensive and I've ran through all over this small world.

Might take a break once the halloween event is over.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

well at least haloween is comming up ;)

I havent logged in al weekend i only just came home
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:06 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Well 7 weeks on and I'm a bit bored now.

After just logging out I'm thinking to myself what do I do now?

I'm level 80, explored 99.9% of the world map with only 2 small bits left to uncover, done a dungeon or 3, exotic gear on 2 toons, played in Orr and killed a few dragons.

Looking through whats left to do, jump puzzles, dungeons, the main story, WvWvW and make a legendary weapon, I'm just not feeling it anymore. The main story is boring, the legendary weapons are stupidly expensive and I've ran through all over this small world.

Might take a break once the halloween event is over.

Afraid I agree. As soon as you hit 80, its a case of "Emmm now what"
Start a new character and do it again?

Although we had a few groups and laughs etc it does seem that the game doesn't encourage the same 'party' spirit
we were looking forward to. Theres not enough advantage to it to make it worthwhile, which means the game
might as well boil down to being a single player game and I find all single player games to be 'completist'
eg get to lvl 80 been there done that and then lose all enthusism.

I am still playing a bit but only at times I have nothing better to , rather than the 'addictiveness' of the first week or
two when I should of been doing other things, but ended up playing instead.

Now waiting on the NEXT big game. Post some suggestions in other games!
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Yup, there's the "hit lvl 80 and there's much to be desired" thing from my long wall of text earlier. :( Completely agreed there.

On the other hand...

http://i.imgur.com/efeok.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RnvDb.jpg

Now waiting on the NEXT big game. Post some suggestions in other games!

Err... there isn't one. There are no replayable, non-monthly-fee group games coming out any time in the foreseeable future. :stars:

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm

I havent reached 80 yet, (lvl 67) already I had a few times the feeling where it was "..another vista..another run around the map to get it all opened up"

The biggest issue seems to be i dont feel connected to any of my toons, its just not a true RPG and certainly not a mmorpg, strangely enough the storyline now is the most interesting bit of the whole game, but that needs grinding just to reach the right lvl

It is a shame, they realy had some nice refreshing ideas, to bad it didnt work out. If there had been a way to realy develop your own toon (choose your skills , create your build) in stead of being tied to pre-cooked build for 80/90/99% of the build it would have had a much brighter future. The biggest choice i have to make is ... do i go with a staff of do ik go with 2 daggers, and that depends more on my mood then on the situation.

The way the game is made, im not sure it can actually be fixed and it's highly unlikely I'll pay for any downloadable content

There is always Aion, but after like 2 yrs im a lil bored of that to ;)

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

New Patch

Well after checking the new update it looks quite good so far all that's left is to jump in and give it a go,

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote: ... There is always Aion, but after like 2 yrs im a lil bored of that to ;)

*Whispers quietly in Rampy's ear* We only started playing Aion in March 2012 ... but DDO we did play for 2 years :P
You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

There is always Aion, but after like 2 yrs im a lil bored of that to ;)

Liking Aion is cause for involuntary mental incarceration in some states. :P

The Fudgies who reached level 80 and finished 100% of the map are mostly playing Borderlands 2 together while they wait for more content or skins "worth grinding for." I am still enjoying myself as I slowly level up, but I also only have about an hour to play per day, tops, and I spend 1/2 of it trying to get out of the Overflow servers still.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm

[FnG] Sphinx wrote:
[FnG] RampantBunny wrote: ... There is always Aion, but after like 2 yrs im a lil bored of that to ;)

*Whispers quietly in Rampy's ear* We only started playing Aion in March 2012 ... but DDO we did play for 2 years :P

Only march?! Seems a lot longer, dunno if thats a goodthing :chin:

@Sundae: Judging by some facebook comments Liking GW2 is grounds for that to ;)

Im slow in leveling to, only 68 now, but already avoiding low level areas since i seen em on other toons..ah well good for a few more weeks i guess

[FnG] DressyVirus

Postby [FnG] DressyVirus » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man this makes me laugh a lot.

I was bored am bored at low levels to here you hit 80 and nothing to do. HAHAHA

I still enjoy aion alot although taking a brake from it at the moment so gone back to playing DDO. Although not as many people playing it as there used to be or so it seems it is still a enjoy able game.
"Today's gamers are some of the most whiny, self-centered, narcissistic bunch of crybabies I've ever seen, honestly." Lyria DDO Forumns

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 pm

DDO was enjoyable if your only other option was Bejeweled, I guess. We played it for a few weeks as a guild, and literally nobody could stand how bad that game was. I'd even take Aion over that piece of junk. :lol:

@Sundae: Judging by some facebook comments Liking GW2 is grounds for that to ;)

Very fair. :D Though... I think Facebook comments as a whole are a sign of end-times. It's like reading youtube comments- best not done unless you've had a stiff drink first. :)

Return to “MMO Gaming”