Dungeons

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Hanno

Dungeons

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:50 am

Now we are getting lots of people in the 30 - 60 range , I would really like to start doing some dungeons.
Obvoiusly this is much more fun and easier if you are doing it on teamspeak with guildies rather than random idiots.
You need 5 people for them, any less is suicide (or rather I mean quicker suicide as you will die anyway)

Dungeons are at levels 30, 40, 50 ,60 , 70 for story mode and levels 35, 45, 55 etc for explorer mode:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

Not sure how long the others took but the level 30 one took 1h30 - 2h when I've done it before.

Sat/sun afternoons are normally pretty good for getting people about. Day week evenings less so
at least for me as I have to log out for real life at 8 or 9ish most evenings before I pass out.
But I can usually play later on wednesday evenings.

Also a reminder, get your butts on teamspeak ;-)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FDG]Sundae

Re: Dungeons

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:18 pm

If you stick together and call your targets, etc, you can pretty easily do the Ascalon Catacombs Story-Mode quite a bit quicker. We 4-manned it in 45-55 min two weeks ago.

A word of advice: Go for the Lovers first when you get to that point. They're the toughest set, so if you're going to wipe, you might as well do it early.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:41 pm

AC is the only dungeon I've done so far, and that only in story mode. However, the PUG pulled one of the two into the hallway and shut the door. Much easier to tackle one at a time.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

Well we (Lambik, RBunny, General and Sherba and I) did the lvl 40 manor story dungeon last night and it was a laugh.
We died numerous times as expected but we at had great fun.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am

I don't seem to have the same thrill towards dungeons this time around, might be because they fit into the over all story I dunno.
Eventually I'd like to do them but right now I'd be happy with someone to roam around the 70-80 areas collecting all these silly priced materials so i can make my fortune :P

Kevoelcl

Postby Kevoelcl » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 pm

As of now im currently still ramping up my gear for the late 80s dungeons and so,
Im good for evrything below 60

[FnG] Seraph

Postby [FnG] Seraph » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 pm

[FDG]Sundae wrote:If you stick together and call your targets, etc, you can pretty easily do the Ascalon Catacombs Story-Mode quite a bit quicker. We 4-manned it in 45-55 min two weeks ago.

A word of advice: Go for the Lovers first when you get to that point. They're the toughest set, so if you're going to wipe, you might as well do it early.

Actually, do Kasha first. She's really, REALLY easy to kill, and she spawns a waypoint when she dies. There's a doorway you can use to easily run back into the lovers fight before they reset should you die to them.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:44 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Well we (Lambik, RBunny, General and Sherba and I) did the lvl 40 manor story dungeon last night and it was a laugh.
We died numerous times as expected but we at had great fun.

And i still dont understand why , as a lvl 30 at that time :P, i was supposed to stay at the back...it totally made no diffrence whatsoever. :rolleyes:

On a side note...at the end some cooperation and tactics seemed to develop, lets not let that happen again ladies and gentlemen, :crazy:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:at the end some cooperation and tactics seemed to develop

I for one am very disappointed. I did not expect this sort of behavior from anyone in FnG.

I think I need to lie down now.

[FnG] N!MRoD

Postby [FnG] N!MRoD » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Out of curiousity, are there any roles mandatory in a group?
As in a tank, healer and dps? I have not really seen a healer role that clearly yet, so it makes me wonder a bit.
*Trust is like glass, u can fix it when it breaks but u will ALWAYS see the crack* -Myself-
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm

There is no healer role in Guild Wars 2, everybody has to take care of themselves. Though it gets a lot easier to do some events or missions with meat shield nearby I think it is possible to finish Dungeons with any combination (though I would advice against it).
Image Image

Return to “MMO Gaming”