GW2: The Lost Shores

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FDG]Sundae

GW2: The Lost Shores

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/ ... mber-2012/

The Lost Shores -- a one-time event in November, will apparently be adding new areas on the world map, and possibly the next dragon!

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: GW2: The Lost Shores

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm

The date for this new content that's been flying around is the 15/11/2012.

If there's a possibility of a dragon imo it could only be "bubbles" or the 6th dragon the rest wouldn't fit for the area.

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Saw our first Dragon in the last couple of days in the personal story line - wow - how unimpressive was that ... the quest element was laughable ... I died underneath him from the acid that drips from him and was given no option to try again from a waypoint, Lily got bored of being blown away by his smelly breath, so we just waited for about 15 mins watching the NPC's stand there doing nothing, and the dragon's health bar went down and then we had successful completion ...

Then as this was my personal story, and Lily's was different she was asked if she wanted this to update hers or not, so she selected yes, and now her story line is bugged and wont advance ...

So as much as the prospect of a new dragon is almost enticing, getting what they have already working would be preferable.
You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Ah I remember that mission it's one of the ones me and Rampy did and just like you I ran underneath him to fill his belly full of arrows. But unlike his brother this guys poison hurts (a lot) and like Lily I was feared away, in the wrong direction and died behind him were I could do nothing but watch 25% of the npcs stack together and swing their weapons about and Rampy's health bar go up an down.

The story so far has been pretty poor imo and I've left mine at level 70 as after 2-3 attempts of it bugging for me and Rampy I've gave it up for now until its more stable + having already done the last dungeon I've seen the ending and an impressive Dragon (compared to the babies we've fought so far)

As for Liliy's issue, bug report, support ticket and see what happens.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I have fond memories of that dragon :P..specially the bit where you got scared off "teh wrong way" . In order to be able to rez you both need to die..not sure what genius thought that one up..but then again..genius doesnt seem to have been part of develloping what now can only be called Tomb Raider 1,5 " the half hearted attempt"

My only goal now is just to actualy finish the storyline, though since it got bugged i haven actually tried it again, i trully cannot stomach "dodging up another hill to try and find a way true to find another vista/POI, just so i can tick of another bit of map which poses no challenge whatsoever" two weeks ago ( or was it three) I ran halfway across a map that was at least 10 lvls above me to a dragon event and it took me 5 minutes *queue ride of the valkyries" that just shouldnt be possible..

The jumping puzzles are mildly entertaining..but im playing an RPG FFS not an leet dodge jump twitch click FPS

Maybe tomorrow i give my storyline another try and get a new buzzzzz...i doubt it.....

It costs about the same as your average FPS, and i wrap the single play of those up in one weekend, only to get bored with the online bit in three months, GW2 sadly seems to have been no different...mebe i should just get an xbox :P

/rant off

Cheers
Rampy ;)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 am

Or I guess you could all poo-poo the new content, turn this thread into yet another "GW2 sux" thread, and go back to doing nothing for another eight years. :) Your forum.

If there's a possibility of a dragon imo it could only be "bubbles" or the 6th dragon the rest wouldn't fit for the area.

The dragon thing, in particular, was given as a wink-wink / nudge-nudge from one of the developers who posts at another forum I frequent. He sometimes plays cruel tricks on us though, so no guarantees. You could very well be right. I just like that they're trying to expand the content and are pulling monthly major updates now.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Mr.SmartyPants wrote:Or I guess you could all poo-poo the new content, turn this thread into yet another "GW2 sux" thread, and go back to doing nothing for another eight years. Your forum.

Good to hear you still do like GW2, and having fun with the game, after all that is what it's all about, having fun together. :D

I don't think the enormous crowd here has been doing nothing over the past eight years, but having done all sorts of things, but split into small groups. Doing the games which are fun at the time.
Most certainly I won't be playing a game for eight years which sux big time :brow: especially if the game was never intended to last more the 6 months, probably an other cruel trick the devs pulled on us :wink:

I guess we're just old spoiled grumpy gamers, not easily satified, only accepting our way or no way at all :lollipop:
Now storing GW2 right next to UT3, of games not matching up expectations. :bedrime:

Anyway :
Like Hanno and Eve already mentioned Borderlands 2, might be a nice next game, Mulp also mentioned this game :)
I will dust off, or download STeaM again, see what options there are about Borderlands 2.

I will be missing my nekkid big boned toon walking around panties :cheerleader:

ImageImage

[FnG] Tigerlily

Postby [FnG] Tigerlily » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:49 pm

:shock: Well, what can I say? Yes, Sundae, it IS our forum, and we are perfectly entitled to our opinions, thank you very much. Whilst I understand GW2 has gone down well over the pond, it is not to our taste. Wandering aimlessly around finding yet another vista or Uninteresting Point of Irrelevance gets tedious, to put it mildly. The only amusement we've had as a group are the jump puzzles, and those are purely one time only...... oh wait, maybe I'm playing it wrong? :lmao:

You are making incorrect assumptions that we have been doing nothing for the last eight years. Yes, we have all been waiting for Guild Wars 2, but that doesn't mean we have been sitting around doing nothing in the meantime.

I am so pleased for you that GW2 lives up to your expectations. Enjoy. :bedrime:
Jack of all trades, master of none.

[FnG] Sphinx

Postby [FnG] Sphinx » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:10 pm

[FDG]Sundae wrote:Or I guess you could all poo-poo the new content, turn this thread into yet another "GW2 sux" thread, and go back to doing nothing for another eight years. :) Your forum.

Blimey, who got out of bed the wrong side this morning, no need to be rude, it's not our fault ANet have made such a weak game :P

Personally, I will be quite happy if I never see a Risen again :mrgreen:

You can take my chocolate when you pry it from my cold frozen fingers

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 am

UPDATE:

Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows – and we want to make sure that you are not missing out, so here is a schedule (without spoilers) for you, so you can plan ahead:

On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.
On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.

Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. There is one exception:
The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there!

There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 am

Folks, I'm sorry but this was entirely uncool. :|

Sundae's thread was simply about announcing new content in GW2 (that's ALL)
but you hijacked it and turned it into a slag-off GW2 thread.

VERY not cool, especially considering you already have SEVERAL slag-off GW2 threads going... what the hell?

When somebody posts info about new features in a game, why crap on them? WTF?!
If you want/need to complain about how shitty a game is, do it in the threads ALREADY AVAILABLE!
Why screw over the poor guest who's just giving info?! :shock:

I'm sure I will now hear about how this is our forum and he was mean...
Look again at the first post, and see if it warrants this pointless nastiness. Jesus H. Christ, people.

People I'm now OFFICIALLY ANGRY AT:
[FnG] Sphinx
[FnG] RampantBunny
[FnG] Lambik
[FnG] Tigerlily

I'm embarrassed, you lot, READ THE THREAD and consider your posts,
--kril out-- :cry:
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:
I'm embarrassed, you lot, READ THE THREAD and consider your posts,
--kril out-- :cry:

I did read back and imo Sphinx explaned he is disapointed that they come up with this update
instead fixing alot bug ingame so that ppl actually can continue with the story, same as Rampy .

[FDG]Sundae wrote:and go back to doing nothing for another eight years. Your forum.

True their post are not positive on GW2 but imo Sundae's reply is way out of line,
I found it very insulting and was a bit upset about it :cry:

We didnt do nothing for 8 years, we just didnt find a game most of us liked and we
where hoping to find it in GW2. . . .

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Actually I read that the other way, that Lily/Sphinx/Lambik etc didnt get 'nasty' until after Sundaes second post which I felt
although true was a bit negative - there original posts I read more as "oh no not another dragon" which I feel the same.
Saying that I think we ought to try and stay a bit more positive whatever we feel about the game.

Any way if someone told me there was going to be a EPIC MASSIVE SPIDER/SNAKE/HYENA or BUNNYRABBIT boss for the new content,
I might get exicted. I know the whole story line was dragon based but I found the big dragon boss fights all a bit samey.
I'd prefer more variety....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Da Kril
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Da Kril » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:37 pm

[FnG] Yasmin wrote:I did read back and imo Sphinx explaned he is disapointed that they come up with this update
instead fixing alot bug ingame so that ppl actually can continue with the story, same as Rampy.
That would be fair enough, in another thread... this was an announcement — not a 'come air your GW2 dirty laundry' thread.

If I want to hear Sphinx bitch about GW2, all I have to do is log into the game — the guild chat is filled with his complaints.

[FnG] Yasmin wrote:True their post are not positive on GW2 but imo Sundae's reply is way out of line,
I found it very insulting and was a bit upset about it
He was reacting to his simple content announcement getting dumped on and turned into YET ANOTHER "GW2 sux" thread. Could've been nicer, sure, but really hard to blame him, considering we ALREADY have several 'GW2 sux' threads up and running.... And we HAVEN'T embraced a game, as a clan, for about 8 years.

Let me repeat — he was simply announcing new content in the game ....
This ISN'T the thread for ANet bashing! It's just not.

--kril out-- :(
Image Image
Soon ALL movies will just be Liam Neeson yelling into a phone.

[FnG] Yasmin
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Yasmin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 pm

[FnG] Da Kril wrote:And we HAVEN'T embraced a game, as a clan, for about 8 years.

Let me repeat — he was simply announcing new content in the game ....
This ISN'T the thread for ANet bashing! It's just not.

--kril out-- :(

I disagree,we played CoD4 for a long time and after that BF3 with alot of ppl here on the Euro side

And since when isn't it allowed to voice an opinion on an anouncement :?: :?

Return to “MMO Gaming”