GW2: The Lost Shores

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games
[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Re: GW2: The Lost Shores

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 am

Hmm. It's just a game.

I was lucky enough to meet Sundae in person this summer. He's a really nice guy, not a monster at all.

Anyhoo. Too bad GW2 isn't tickling people's fancy parts. Personally, I'd like to jump in a time mo-sheen and go back to any North American Thursday evening between mid-2004 and 2008. Best of times. I think they are gone, forever.

Meanwhile, loving kindness to all! Sorry for the re-hijacking of the thread.

<3 <3 <3

[FnG] Nihilist

Postby [FnG] Nihilist » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:56 am

Good grief...I completely missed this train wreck of a thread.

With regards to this:

Or I guess you could all poo-poo the new content, turn this thread into yet another "GW2 sux" thread, and go back to doing nothing for another eight years. Your forum.

The comment is 100% true. Instead of knee-jerking when someone tells us an unfortunate truth, perhaps some frank self-assessment is in order.
Have you blamed Kril lately?

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 am

Well, TBH, it's not literally true. It's close to true on our side of the pond, alas.

Lost in nostalgia, I read through some of the last pages of the old ONS Night thread. May of 2010 was really the last hurrah. Too many of us have left, and are just never coming back. We lost critical mass. That is a frank assessment of FnG in the Western Hemisphere. :cry:

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

FnG lacks the mass of players to make GW2 fun, its true, just look at how many of the new guys have stayed with us, 0 they all left for bigger more causal guilds.

I for one was ready to quit after Halloween and go play something else but instead I joined a bigger guild with active chat, events and for the same reasons I joined FnG all those moons ago, It's a fun place to be.

FnG is a very lonely place to be in GW's right now moving guilds might be a good choice in the long run to add a bit of freshness and who knows you might just enjoy it.

Anyway if you see me in GW2 drop me a message.

To keep this on track, new Ascended items are being added with the new update with new "agony" defences, kind of like how we had to get infused to stop the Murssats spectral agony skill from killing us in 4-5 hits. This comes in the form of new accessories and back items, new deep sea dragon creatures are running about the LS and we get a new hard dungeon which increases in difficulty the further you progress.

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

Wow, just wow

I checked out this thread, seeing that my 'what do you think of gw 2?' thread hadn't been updated, expecting people to be further on and enjoying the game and sharing stories of their adventures (making me feel that I need to give GW 2 another shot) but not only are some people still not enjoying the game, but we're having a go at each other?? Our community is small enough as it is, without people being divided.....

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 am

I blame Epic. We lost our center of gravity when UT3 bombed, and too many people lost interest in UT2k4. Not necessarily in that order, but you get my drift.

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."

Please note that I am only speaking for the NA side of FnG. You folks in the Eurozone have kept it together longer.

In regard to GW2, I'm now worried by the prospect of continual gear grind and level cap increases disclosed in this reddit AMA. Time will tell. I fear I am not 1337 enough to keep playing this game at the level I'd prefer.

Where Torgo goes, nothin' grows.

Return to “MMO Gaming”