FnG Guild "Rules" and Guidelines (Please Read!)

All your discussions about Massive Multiplayer Online Games

Do the Current Members of the Community approve of the Rules set up for the Guild? (Below)

Yes I approve
96%
No I do Not
No votes
Abstain Vote
4%

Total votes: 25

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

FnG Guild "Rules" and Guidelines (Please Read!)

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Mon May 02, 2005 9:37 pm

The Guild Wars Rules & Guidelines for FnG don’t differ much from the Guidelines the FnG Community already set up. But off course a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG plays differently then a First person shooter. Therefore there are a few modified Rules and Regulation for this Guild.

First of all I don’t want to look like a “Control Freak” and will try to keep the rules and enforcing of them as few as possible.

After joining the Guild and playing under the FnG tag we’ll assume that you understand the rules and agree with them, violation of the rules will, sadly enough, result in expulsion from the Guild.

That’s that for the Formalities, now on to The Rules:

- Be Respectful to others (no exceptions)
- No Cursing/name calling/flaming of _Any_ kind, (“But He started it” is not a good reason to lower yourself to that level)
- Be Active
- Be Helpful to other players, this goes especially for Guild Members (this doesn’t mean you can’t help other players, on the contrary we encourage helping any players in need of help)
- Have Fun (The Most Important Rule!!!)

We think these rules aren’t too much to ask, any sane human being would gladly and easily follow these rules, not only for the Guild but also for a better General gaming environment.

Structure

- The Guild Leader is Yasmin. It only says that she represents the Guild towards other Guilds, she will also be there to help any new (or old) members of the clan when they need it.
- The Officers have the same kind of job, they represent the Guild towards other Guilds and non-guild members, they will also _try_ to answer any questions you have.

We Hope we have not burdened you too much with these Rules and Guidelines, as you can see (not only by these rules but also by the general “mood” on these boards) the FnG Community is a very laid back community. Winning always falls on second place to Fun. We hope you enjoy your stay in the Guild and on these boards.

And Remember: It’s Just a Game! Have Fun!
Last edited by [FnG] Rotten_Emu on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Tue May 03, 2005 9:16 am

The rules seem fine to me at first glance, but then I don't play the game so it's difficult for me to comment. One thing that did strike me, and I don't mean any offense by this...... but who decided that you should be the Guild Leader?

I true democratic style, surely nominations and a vote might be a little fairer? Of course, if no one else is interested in the 'job' then I'll shut up, but I just wanna make sure things are done fairly for everyone :wink:

[FnG] PunchOut.nl

Postby [FnG] PunchOut.nl » Tue May 03, 2005 10:25 am

He has done a lot off work to get this guild (forum (threadwise I know you made the forum bunnette)) started, and acts like a plessant leader to me.... so 1 vote :) !

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Tue May 03, 2005 10:33 am

[FnG] PunchOut.nl wrote:He has done a lot off work to get this guild (forum (threadwise I know you made the forum bunnette)) started, and acts like a plessant leader to me.... so 1 vote :) !

That's 8) I don't know the history or what has been done, but, call me devil's advocate - I felt it was a question that needed to be asked. Like I said, if everyone is happy - the choice is simple. I am sure Emu can do a great job :D

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Tue May 03, 2005 11:12 am

He paid the money for the Guild, so I believe he was made instant leader of the Guild.

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Tue May 03, 2005 12:27 pm

[FnG] JinX-D wrote:He paid the money for the Guild, so I believe he was made instant leader of the Guild.

What money?? :?

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue May 03, 2005 1:08 pm

[FnG] Bunnette wrote:
[FnG] JinX-D wrote:He paid the money for the Guild, so I believe he was made instant leader of the Guild.

500 Gold... to set up the guild...

I will explain to you how it went. We (Being me and the officers) have descided to set up a Guild since we played the Beta Weekend. In the meanwhile we played Knight Online, Where we also had a guild with Phoenix Deus as the leader, So we all know what it's like ot run a guild and also know that the Guild Leader would have the most things to do and the least time for really playing it (in other words: too busy with potential members and organisation).

I asked Phoenix wether or not he wanted to be Guild Leader again, he said that he didn't really care as long as there was a guild we all could join. The same goes for Radeon Kahbouter and Aeolus (a.k.a. JinX-D) and for me... we don't really care who the Guild leader is and this position only excists because it has to...

Now for the Officers, like I said in the guidelines, I don't think Phoenix, JinX-D and Kahbouter are in any way better then the other players in the guild it's just that with us being friends it's easyer to communicate (living in the same time zone, being in eachother's IM, etc) ideas and problems.

Additionally it's the idea that the Leader and Officers will fund and organise anything needed by the guild (like the Cape and these boards). To let our Members just play and not worry about anything but fun. We aren't going to ask them money for anything, even though I asked donations for the new guild hall this plan is postponed until we actually know where to get a guild hall and how much gold it will cost. (according to latest info we can also win a guild hall by winning a tournament, which would be free and preferable)

I hope this post helps you in understanding the structure of the Guild. The Leader and Officers are only there because we need representatives in the eyes of other guilds and we need people to organise and fund the guild. In _no_ way do I think I am better then any other member in the guild, I don't want to be called sir (ingame or out) and I will help any and all players in need of it, wether they are a member or an officer of the guild.
Last edited by [FnG] Rotten_Emu on Tue May 03, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Tue May 03, 2005 1:23 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:
[FnG] Bunnette wrote:

500 Gold... to set up the guild...

So - we aren't talking about real money then?? :? :?

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:
I asked Phoenix wether or not he wanted to be Guild Leader again, he said that he didn't really care as long as there was a guild we all could join. The same goes for Radeon Kahbouter and Aeolus (a.k.a. JinX-D) and for me... we don't really care who the Guild leader is and this position only excists because it has to...

Now for the Officers, like I said in the guidelines, I don't think Phoenix, JinX-D and Kahbouter are in any way better then the other players in the guild it's just that with us being friends it's easyer to communicate (living in the same time zone, being in eachother's IM, etc) ideas and problems.

Additionally it's the idea that the Leader and Officers will fund and organise anything needed by the guild (like the Cape and these boards). To let our Members just play and not worry about anything but fun. We aren't going to ask them money for anything, even though I asked donations for the new guild hall this plan is postponed until we actually know where to get a guild hall and how much gold it will cost. (according to latest info we can also win a guild hall by winning a tournament, which would be free and preferable)

As a complete outsider, my only concern was that it appeared to be a unilateral decision who would be the Leader - I was merely suggesting that in the name of democracy, it might be fairer to elect a Leader....same with the Officers.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I hope this post helps you in understanding the structure of the Guild. The Leader and Officers are only there because we need representatives in the eyes of other guilds and we need people to organise and fund the guild. In _no_ way do I think I am better then any other member in the guild, I don't want to be called sir (ingame or out) and I will help any and all players in need of it, wether they are just a member or an officer of my guild.

I never suggested that you *did* say you were better than anyone else - I have no idea what the structure is of the game, I just want to make sure that everyone has a fair chance in-game (at all levels).

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue May 03, 2005 1:42 pm

[FnG] Bunnette wrote:As a complete outsider, my only concern was that it appeared to be a unilateral decision who would be the Leader - I was merely suggesting that in the name of democracy, it might be fairer to elect a Leader....same with the Officers.

And thus I am wondering, did the leaders/admins of the FnG community where chosen democraticly. to my understanding it where Lambik and Rampant who set up the Community and then made Bunnette and Yasmin Admins aswell. I don't see the difference between that and the structure of our Guild. When electing the two new Admins (Da Kril and EP red.) there was no vote, Offcourse you talked about it with the other admins but there wasn't a Democratic vote (not to my knowledge at least) now I am not saying that Kril and EP aren't capable Admins, not at all, but I think it's the same thing.

[FnG] Bunnette wrote:I never suggested that you *did* say you were better than anyone else - I have no idea what the structure is of the game, I just want to make sure that everyone has a fair chance in-game (at all levels).

I am not sure what you mean by this, do you mean a fair game like in everybody is able to become a leader or everybody is able to join. cause if it's the first I must say that this won't work, cause everytime a new member joins I should then ask: "Would you want to become a Guild leader". as for the latter: everybodies welcome as long as they understand what the guild is about (Fun first, competition later...) and thus it works much like the FnG Community we all love...

I really hope we can work this out as the FnG Guild is growing explosively and I, for one, would like to keep it that way.
Image Image

Bunnette

Postby Bunnette » Tue May 03, 2005 1:50 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:

And thus I am wondering, did the leaders/admins of the FnG community where chosen democraticly. to my understanding it where Lambik and Rampant who set up the Community and then made Bunnette and Yasmin Admins aswell. I don't see the difference between that and the structure of our Guild. When electing the two new Admins (Da Kril and EP red.) there was no vote, Offcourse you talked about it with the other admins but there wasn't a Democratic vote (not to my knowledge at least) now I am not saying that Kril and EP aren't capable Admins, not at all, but I think it's the same thing.

Your facts are not correct, but that is a different issue..... you cannot compare being an admin in a community like FnG to the leader of a Guild for a game. We are here purely to maintain the site and servers. 99% of the decisions about what happens within the community are made by it's members...not by the admins.

I don't want to get into any long drawn out debates....I simply asked a question, all I was looking for was a simple answer.

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:
[FnG] Bunnette wrote:I never suggested that you *did* say you were better than anyone else - I have no idea what the structure is of the game, I just want to make sure that everyone has a fair chance in-game (at all levels).

I am not sure what you mean by this, do you mean a fair game like in everybody is able to become a leader or everybody is able to join. cause if it's the first I must say that this won't work, cause everytime a new member joins I should then ask: "Would you want to become a Guild leader". as for the latter: everybodies welcome as long as they understand what the guild is about (Fun first, competition later...)

I really hope we can work this out as the FnG Guild is growing explosively and I, for one, would like to keep it that way.

I didn't mean either - but then I think you know that..... Personally - I have no opinion about who is Guild leader and who are officers - I don't play the game, so it has no effect on me. BUT there may be those that do have an opinion - and to be *fair* to those people, they should be given a chance to say so......

Anyway - as this doesn't affect me - I'll leave you to it....

Bunnette out

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Tue May 03, 2005 1:56 pm

[FnG] Bunnette wrote:I don't want to get into any long drawn out debates....I simply asked a question, all I was looking for was a simple answer.

I thought you knew by now: Things can be more difficult then first foreseen... (especially when dealing with me)
Image Image

[FnG] El Tonno

Postby [FnG] El Tonno » Tue May 03, 2005 2:04 pm

[FnG] Rotten_Emu wrote:I thought you knew by now: Things can be more difficult then first foreseen... (especially when dealing with me)

I did not know that one ;) Well this discussion was interesting. Maybe i will buy it asap! :P
:sg:

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Tue May 03, 2005 2:47 pm

From what I am reading in this post :
there is a small group of ppl in charge of the FnG Guild,
a leader and some officers.

Like in a democracy they should be elected by the community,
well since the Guildgame needed to be started first and Emu, Jinx Phoenix Deus, Aeolus Epox and Radeon Kahbouter have setup the FnG Guild and are now representatives in this case. Lets move on from that point. (good work :) )
What we like to see is a construction that ppl who play Guild can elect from a list of volounteers who will be the 'leader' and 'officers'. You can determine the periode of time needed to be 'leader' and 'officer', and I am sure ppl will re-elect the same ppl.
It's even possible that ppl don't wanna have elections later on, because they are happy with the things as the go.

As for the FnG admin 'elections', Rampant and I have to grant them access to our server, so we determine who will have that access.
If you run a Guild server (rent or own) then it's you who determine who will have admin access to that server, not FnG. If the leader/officers require admin access to a server you rent/own, then it will be a different ball game. But from what I can tell now, it's a game hierachy and not a server level hierarchy.

Lets see who's happy with the current setting of leader/officers over a few months, if everyone is happy then things can stay as the are, but if community members want elections then be prepared to accept . . are you willing to accept that ?

Lambik

ImageImage

[FnG] PunchOut.nl

Postby [FnG] PunchOut.nl » Tue May 03, 2005 4:15 pm

Lol I think this discussion is getting a bit to serious :) it's only a game (if I really don't like his leadership I will start my own guild......) now I only have too find out how to start one :D :D ! "nonsense" I'm glad that all FnG'ers who bought the game have found each other and can play happy together (at least chat together) I only have to walk too the other end of that immerse big world to join them in fights :( .

Let's all just have fun ! And being a good admin is hard work and I wouldn't take that job (can't play enough games anymore then besides my all-day work)... so big thx :worship: (it indeed is a lot different from being a leader in some computer game).

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Wed May 04, 2005 11:40 am

[FnG] Lambik wrote:As for the FnG admin 'elections', Rampant and I have to grant them access to our server, so we determine who will have that access.
If you run a Guild server (rent or own) then it's you who determine who will have admin access to that server, not FnG. If the leader/officers require admin access to a server you rent/own, then it will be a different ball game. But from what I can tell now, it's a game hierachy and not a server level hierarchy.

Well I could also make everybody an officer, meaning that they can all: invite/kick/promote other people. so to a certain level I do grant some "admin acces" (if you want to call it that) to our officers, I give them the rights to Invite new members, kick troublesome members and even (to some level) promote members to a higher rank. as the four of us set up the guild I don't think it more then reasonable that the four of us have that acces and privilage, it is not as if we are going to obuse those rights...

I know people didn't want a long drawn debate from this, I have also posted a new Thread where people can vote for or against the current leadership. but the voting isn't really coming along, so far we (leader + officers) have voted for Abstain (otherwise we would allready have 4 votes on the yes) and two people voted yes... another one, whom I don't know who it is also abstained vote.

I hope you understand that if people simply don't show up to vote for or against the current leadership the current leadership stands... You know what they say with "real elections" if you don't show up to vote you can't whine about the results later...
Image Image

Return to “MMO Gaming”