Battlefield 3

All discussions about Unreal Tournament series, Battle Field Series, Call of Duty series, and mods

Moderator: [FnG] Cooks

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield 3

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:47 pm

To get a 'good' server going, you have to play it every evening,
making it a public one, you have to monitor it every day.
I see that a lot of us still like to play every now and then, but not 7 days a week.(not even Bawsy :wink: )

As for BF3, I feel the same way as Eve, if there's enough interest, I will be happy to join the group.
With COD MW3 coming in nov. who knows what the group decides . . .

:bedrime:

ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am

What are you talking about lambik - you little people only exist inside my computer - what do you have to do except play PC games???? :stars:
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Sorry gents.

I will defo be buying BF3, but it will be on the xbox 360. Because it will be able to run the game, unlike my 4 year old comp that struggles with UT3.

One day I may return to pc gaming 100%, but right now the console is just far more convenient. Except for ut2004. Probably the only reason I still have a pc!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Yay - Bawsys not coming :yahoo: - its safe for me to order it then!

*SORTED*

tata
Hanno

PS Bawsy only kidding you know I used to love those mean things you did to me!
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am

I genuinely miss playing with the FnG guys and gals. Nothing has ever come close to it since (gaming wise that is). I hope one day we all get into the same game again.

Remember Hanno, ut2004 is always an option. I haven't played it for a good few months, so maybe you have a chance again? :tease:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:35 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:I genuinely miss playing with the FnG guys and gals. Nothing has ever come close to it since (gaming wise that is). I hope one day we all get into the same game again.

Remember Hanno, ut2004 is always an option. I haven't played it for a good few months, so maybe you have a chance again? :tease:

Emmm you havent play in a few months? I havent playing in emm 24 months? *runs away*

Anyway I am staring at my copy of BF3 wondering if I can play without a thumb (Stanley knives are wonderful - hospitals less so).
Anybody else got this on the PC ? If anyone is playing my origin name is "Blackrookz" although it might be few days before I am able to play :stars:
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] pyxie.T32

Postby [FnG] pyxie.T32 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I've got it and am installing all 11GB of it as we speak.
I'm Germolen3
feel free to add me, I'm crap at more realistic games though so don't expect me to be of any use on a team.
Gravity, not just a good idea, ...It's the LAW!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:41 pm

[FnG] pyxie.T32 wrote:I've got it and am installing all 11GB of it as we speak.
I'm Germolen3
feel free to add me, I'm crap at more realistic games though so don't expect me to be of any use on a team.

Just got to remember its more sneaky based - hopefully see you in games sometime soon.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 am

Well I'm enjoying it muchly. The destructible scenery is a lot more obvious in the other maps compared to the metro beta one,
and adds new tactics. Although I did groan when someone destroyed the floor below me in a building and i fell to my death.
The vehicles and big maps make this feel totally different to COD. Game types seem well balanced. Squad DM is a nice balance
between FFA and TDM , Rush and conquest do what they say on the box.

Theres also a two person coop that i havent tried yet.

Seems to run quite smoothly for me even though according to nvidia my graphics card is below min specs.
Effect wise its very pretty even on lowish settings. No bugs so far to speak of.

Overall :thumbup:
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh mummy, this game is fantastic! :)
Even better than Bad Company 2, and I enjoyed that one greatly...

Took out my first tank yesterday. A mad dash behind it, planted 3 lots of C4 on it, a mad dash away...detonate...BOOM! Such a great feeling.

Cant wait to finish work and get back to some of this tonight.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 am

Have I said how much I am enjoying this still?

How much fun it is blow up a building, so it falls down and crushes your enemies?

How you can carry up to 6? rockets to blow the heck out of people big time?

How many times I have smashed a plane into the ground and gone up in flames?

And even the odd time, where I crash the plane into the ground just past all be enemies, and manage to
cap their base and win the game for my team.

Just wish I had some FnG'ers to play with and try the coop with ....
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

When you are part of a squad that knows what they are doing...spawn on each other, supply/heal each other, attack/defend objectives as laid out by the squad leader...there is no better game in the universe. Its as simple as that! :)

(note: playing TDM or squad DM in a battlefield game is just wrong. Leave that for COD)

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Hmm do I really have the time for another new game? When I currently have 10 new games sitting there looking so lonely as they just have not been played yet and 3 are still wrapped.

It's still a possibility for me might see if I can grab a second hand copy from somewhere or see if its gets a sale price around christmas although if a bunch more of us suddenly bought it in the next few weeks I'd have no choice but to.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

and I bet Skyrim is on its way as well!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Finally got to play with Cannon last night - mics enabled and everything. :) :D

So we're in a squad together - playing conquest on Operation Firestorm. We take a helicopter across to point A. I expertly land it, we take the point, and waste a few of the enemy at the same time.

"Lets get back in the chopper".

We both leg side-by-side to where I landed it. As we approach, I'm saying "Why is it smoking? It was fine 30 seconds ago when we landed".

Just as we are about to go in it, this enemy chopper comes from nowhere, completely filling our screens, and crashes right into it. Fireball ensues. An epic moment, and the best laugh Ive had in a long time playing any game.

Almost as good a laugh as me bailing out of a chopper after Cannons attempt to fly it. As I parachuted down, I turned around to see this helicopter practically flying on its side, as the air is filled with bad scottish words. Done let Cannon be pilot!

Return to “First-Person Shooters”