BF 3 Wednesday Evenings

All discussions about Unreal Tournament series, Battle Field Series, Call of Duty series, and mods

Moderator: [FnG] Cooks

[FnG] Hanno

Re: BF 3 Wednesday Evenings

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:31 am

[FnG] Cannon wrote:well well well, interesting to see an FnG BF server, Mmm, Is the server quite active? With the price of the PC version dropping all the time I may well invest in this. I've just eagled the xbox version and would imagine starting at lvl 1 again would be well soul destroying! But would be nice to team up with the boys again!

Are you guys on Battlelog?

64 Players would be absolutely mental :shock:

Just be prepared for PC crash city, I suspect the pretend version on your little toy console runs without so much faffing.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:22 pm

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:All those who have it are reged with battlelog think there about 15 of us who own the game and the server does see alot of traffic at times, the server is limited to 16 players max, were more a casual then hardcore type of gamer and it limits the amount of harsh admin punishments we need to dish out.

Soul destroying but worth it plus it would mean I'd get to knife you over and over and over and over and over and over again so that in its self is a big selling point.

And of course BF3 has replaced the traditional COD4 wednesday gaming fun anywhere from 6pm to midnight you should see the server 50-100% capacity.

If your tempted wait till it hits the sales most only have the main game and not the expansion so the server is mostly basic maps.

Yeah ok, 16 players on PC is not enough to play Rush or Conquest so I presume you are all playing TDM or SQDM in which case I think I'll give it a miss for the time being, maybe until the price drops to around a tenner.

Have fun anyway guys

Back to xbox for me :)

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:19 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Just be prepared for PC crash city, I suspect the pretend version on your little toy console runs without so much faffing.

And therein lies the beauty of the console. No arsing around with drivers & patches. Insert disc - play game.

Ok, its not a super high res, and BF3 runs at 30fps, but you don't care. You do get used to it. Needs 2 thumbs though! :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Needs 2 thumbs though! :)

Or something to emulate 2 thumbs, in case you have spazzy thumbs :D

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 pm

[FnG] Cannon wrote:
[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:All those who have it are reged with battlelog think there about 15 of us who own the game and the server does see alot of traffic at times, the server is limited to 16 players max, were more a casual then hardcore type of gamer and it limits the amount of harsh admin punishments we need to dish out.

Soul destroying but worth it plus it would mean I'd get to knife you over and over and over and over and over and over again so that in its self is a big selling point.

And of course BF3 has replaced the traditional COD4 wednesday gaming fun anywhere from 6pm to midnight you should see the server 50-100% capacity.

If your tempted wait till it hits the sales most only have the main game and not the expansion so the server is mostly basic maps.

Yeah ok, 16 players on PC is not enough to play Rush or Conquest so I presume you are all playing TDM or SQDM in which case I think I'll give it a miss for the time being, maybe until the price drops to around a tenner.

Have fun anyway guys

Rush or Conquest is fine with 8 a side, tbh I find the 32 vs 32 just too much of a spawn die situation esp in squad or dm.
Plus the more people you have on the server the more chance you get of having a base/spawn killing heli or aircraft idiot.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:
[FnG] Cannon wrote:

Have fun anyway guys

Rush or Conquest is fine with 8 a side, tbh I find the 32 vs 32 just too much of a spawn die situation esp in squad or dm.
Plus the more people you have on the server the more chance you get of having a base/spawn killing heli or aircraft idiot.

Caspian Border 8v8...= needle in a haystack

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Conquest seems to be one of the more popular gametypes on the server often seeing it fillup quickly. Rush is not my gametype so i always hope the map is just over soon :P
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Conquest seems to be one of the more popular gametypes on the server often seeing it fillup quickly. Rush is not my gametype so i always hope the map is just over soon :P

Rush for me all the way, spend too much time in CQ looking for someone to kill, at least with Rush there is an objective where you know the noobs hang out :)

Ive had an email from Cooks so this may be the boot up my ass to buy it....

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:26 pm

[FnG] Cannon wrote:
[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Conquest seems to be one of the more popular gametypes on the server often seeing it fillup quickly. Rush is not my gametype so i always hope the map is just over soon :P

Rush for me all the way, spend too much time in CQ looking for someone to kill, at least with Rush there is an objective where you know the noobs hang out :)

Ive had an email from Cooks so this may be the boot up my ass to buy it....

Conquest isnt about killing people :P ...they always seem to find me quite well though :chin:
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Conquest isnt about killing people :P

Of course it's all about winning but sitting near a flag waIting for action is dreary and boring. It will also take you an age to rank up — not fun at all. YMMV

Return to “First-Person Shooters”