Wednesday Night 7PM (GMT) is [s]UT4[/s] Fortnight night

All discussions about Unreal Tournament series, Battle Field Series, Call of Duty series, and mods

Moderator: [FnG] Cooks

[FnG] Hanno

Re: Wednesday Night 7PM (GMT) is [s]UT4[/s] Fortnight night

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:22 pm

re: PUBG - I will probably buy this at some point, but really I'm waiting for it to go in a sale - but I suspect they
won't do this until EVERYBODY in the entire world already has a copy. Its been top seller on steam every week for
the last 6months?

SO fortnight is free and good in the meantime.
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:16 pm

PUBG is £19 from CD Keys.

Its my fave game on xbox by far, and I find it infinitely more fun that Fortnite (although the concepts are the same). I just prefer the realistic approach, the larger map (or maps as I believe there is now 2) and vehicles, 4 man squads, the ability to crouch/prone.

It's a gem, and I recommend it. Honestly - it was not on my radar - I never liked the look of it, and have never been a fan of "when youre dead, its over" game modes, but this works and I'm really glad I was talked into it. The pacing is perfect, and the confrontations can be amazingly intense. When I squad up, a favourite tactic is to steal the vehicles from people who have tried to hide them when camping up in a house, then doing a runner with them whilst tooting their horns!

Totally different pace from UT4, and maybe this is what we need to break up the monotony and keep things fresh. I pretty much guarantee you wont keep PUBG for Wednesday night only either ;)

In Fortnite related news, I have this downloaded and installed. It was a bloody nightmare for me. My epic account is tied to my xbox account, and for some strange reason I cant play Fortnite on PC on that account (the game gets locked to the Xbox console because I played it there first). So I've had to set up a new Epic account (using a different email!) just to be able to play this. Annoyingly, all my UT4 stats are on the other account, so I'm gonna have to remember to switch between the two. You'll also probably have to add me as a friend again (you are all so lucky and will have two Bawsy's to look at).

See you tomorrow, for whatever...

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Right. Foot down.

Everybody pop along to CD Keys, and get PUBG for the PC (its under £20).

I've tried Fortnite again, and although free, I just don't enjoy it. I find Fortnite a pale imitation of PUBG, and it does nothing better.

I have just won £20 on a charity scratch card at work, so that's made the decision easy for me. I'm gonna purchase it without even thinking about it tonight. Hopefully see you all on the PUBG battlegrounds next Wednesday!

Bawsy oot.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:43 pm

I have bought it. Now to install it and see how it runs...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am

I think your just being biased against FREE. :rolleyes:

AS i said if you can convince Nim and Eve to get PUBG , I'll certainly join in.

In the meantime, Lambik and I had some cracking games of Fortnight at the weekend with a couple of 1st places
in squad mode even though there was only the two of us.
I thin kthe building element does add something different to fortnight, that and having very few hackers :-)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Entirely your choice if you want to purchase pubg or not. I've started the ball rolling.

Having played both, I know what I prefer. The need for vehicles adds some thing to the mix if the circle goes against you. Bigger maps, more maps, better places in maps... it all adds to a better experience that is worth the small cost.

End game in fortnight devolves into 2 folk/squads building a box around them and doors to peek out to shoot boxes and build more boxes. Nah, I just can't get on with it. I've tried, on both pc and Xbox, but its just not floating my boat man.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:14 am

In the meantime, let me know when you plan on playing UT4 again, and I'll be sure to be there!

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey Bawsy you still there?

We've been enjoying fortnight, although its been quiet without you!

But we are going to have a UT night next week wed 28th FEB.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 pm

I'm here! UT on Wed? Count me in. I'm on it like a tramp on a sandwich.

Bet you've all been enjoying the peace though, huh? :wink:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I've going to hang up my UT magic boots for a few weeks.
My RSI is really bad again and the intensity of UT makes it really bad.
I spent the last two Thursday mornings barely able to type while my arm recovered.
I don't have the same problem with Fortnight or 7 days etc, I think its a lower amount of clicking in these.

Got a doctors appointment next week as its been gradually getting worse since Novemeber
and now its scream out loud and sit down panting for 5 minutes if I bend my arm the wrong way!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds very much like you need some pubg medicine. Much less intense, very little clicking. And only 20 quid.

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:57 pm

sorry to hear that get well soon! been busy here with RL,
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

Ta.
I went to the Physio about it and she said it was a frozen shoulder rather than a tear or anything worse.
But the mouse clicking?RSI probabably wasn't helping.

Given me a load of exercises to 'stretch' it back into flexibility.
Basically i dose up on maximum pain killers and press my arm into odd positions against the wall
either for 30 seconds at a time or until I black out with the pain, which ever comes first :shock:

PubG is looking more appealing now its got a deathmatch mode, might even buy it some time in 2020.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Nobody there last week for UT. Made me a little bit sad. Pubg, 15 quid, just do it. I would even join in on other nights to get some pubg goodness going on with my FnG buddies.

Cant see the devs ever coming back to finish UT4 now. Where's the glory in creating a game, no matter how great, for a few hundred concurrent players? Fortnite is practically a free cash generator for them now.

Return to “First-Person Shooters”