Steam users, take note.

All discussions about Unreal Tournament series, Battle Field Series, Call of Duty series, and mods

Moderator: [FnG] Cooks

[FnG] Cooks

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:05 pm

I actually got it the day after posting, much earlier than expecting. Portal is great, & TF2 is so much fun online. I haven't tried HL2 yet, because I don't have the HD space for it yet.

By the way... Should we invite the FDGs to join the FnG Steam clan? That way it'd be easier to hook up playing TF2 with them as they're all into it at the moment (AFAIK). Just an idea ;)

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Yeah, good idea, either we could join theirs, or them ours. Have you seen any of them in TF2? From what I've read on their forums they play more Fortress Forever which is a much more complicated game, for better or worse I don't know since I haven't played it.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:16 am

About FF -- I think it's a similar game, but sticks closer to the original TF which was itself a HL1 mod, IIRC. TF was so good that Valve hired the modders, and put them to work on other projects, and that turned TF into vaporware for the longest time. Meanwhile, another mod team made FF to use the Source engine but keep the original feel.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Wikipedia has the facts straight, and is the source (so to speak) of my possibly misremembered information.

I wouldn't say FF is more complicated. The weaponry of each class differs from TF2. There are far fewer visual cues, and the people who play it have been playing a long while .... all meaning there may be a STEEP learning curve.

On the positive side, FDG runs a FF server, so it's friendly territory.

I'd be up for either a visit to the FDG server (at their convenience) or a TF2 pub night. And I'd be more than happy to join the FDG clan on Steam. A Steam user can belong to any number of clans, btw.
I heard a rumor that Josh's Valve-oriented clan runs a TF2 server as well. I believe Josh is an admin there. Another rumor about Josh is that he's already poking around in the Portal map editor. Oh, and Josh walks on water. Did you all know that?

[FnG] oomska

Postby [FnG] oomska » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:25 am

Cheers for the games tonight guys. Had a blast.

Literally and figuratively.
With all due respect John I am head of IT and I have it on good authority if you type ‘Google’, into Google you can break the internet, so please no one try it, even for a joke

[FnG] Jules

Postby [FnG] Jules » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Right when i first bought the orange box i also bought red orchestra.
With RO there are 2 trial keys, i gave one trial key to Rambo but i still have the other one, it runs out soon, then wont be able to send it.
Therefore first to PM me with their email address will be the proud owner of a Red Orchestra Ostftont 41-45 ;)

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Would anyone like to take over the Steam Community page? I think it's been about 2-3 weeks since I've been out there. That's no way to run a page of anything.

(Pages need attention. Just ask any congressperson.)

I believe we have about 20 people signed up already -- maybe one of those folks would like to make the page into something ... special?

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:18 pm

I could help out, I find myself playing TF2 more than any other game right now. I don't have the absurd creativity of some people here but do find myself logged onto Steam most of the time. Another logical choice would be Cooks since he runs his own TF2 server.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 am

Malvos and Cooks are hereby promoted to occifer. Congrats! May your rule be marked with kindly old hermits granting wishes and handing out commemorative keychains.

:sunglasses:

[FnG] Lert

Postby [FnG] Lert » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:51 pm

I was recently given Orange Box by someone who shall remain nameless because it's Cookie (Thanks, bro !), so expect to see me on TF2 from time to time as well.
Zambah Abagarabzh! Ram Harman Hambargarz!

Return to “First-Person Shooters”