Team Fortress 2 Screenies! (56K caution)

All discussions about Unreal Tournament series, Battle Field Series, Call of Duty series, and mods

Moderator: [FnG] Cooks

[FnG] JoshuaC

Team Fortress 2 Screenies! (56K caution)

Postby [FnG] JoshuaC » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:47 am

Amazingly fun game.

[FnG] General Lee

Postby [FnG] General Lee » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:55 am

look nice but from a complete noob & may i,ve been in a box to long but be nice for a bit more info on the game other than a title and some pics

but does look good ^^
Success is going from failure to failure without lack of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:09 pm

*scratches head and agrees with General*

Nice pics... But TF2? Tapioca Filling? Toilet Flush? Today's Fad? Totally Finished?
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] Ro3L

Postby [FnG] Ro3L » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:41 pm

My guess : Team Fortress 2

[FnG] magnolia

Postby [FnG] magnolia » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Yes, it's Team Fortress 2. I tried the Fortress Forever mod and was completely underwhelmed. Buggy, poor graphics and that CS/HL movement which I can't get used to because of the UT franchise :D

Might give this a shot but I don't expect much.
Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?

OddJobRob

Postby OddJobRob » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:43 pm

I think i may pass on this one :P i still have various other things to get on with :P xD like CS :P now i have installed it xD

[FnG] JoshuaC

Postby [FnG] JoshuaC » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:36 pm

The game is really amazing. They've improved apon everything and I think this is one of valve's best MP games.

Fortress Forever is pretty good for people looking for the original Team Fortress gameplay on the source engine.

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:06 am

As soon as I can get it to run, I'm there! :wink:

Update: I got it running. Now to make the time to play it. :S

For all Steam users reading this thread: Come and sign up on our FnG page on Steam!

BTW, Exp.D is PLAYER OF THE WEEK, by virtue of being the only player this week. Josh, your screenies would make you a shoe-in for next week. It's a highly-coveted prize, you know.....

You even get a little trophy-cup-icon-thingie ....

[FnG] JoshuaC

Postby [FnG] JoshuaC » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:11 am

Joined the group!

I love taunts.

[FnG] Cooks

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:47 am

[FnG] Torgo 3000 wrote:BTW, Exp.D is PLAYER OF THE WEEK

:blah: :jump: :blah: :toot: :cheeky6:

:alarm:

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Woot! We're up to 4 people on Steam! And one is a legit Rock Star!

So, yeah, TF2 is a nasty kind of addicting. I was just complaining earlier yesterday evening about how much time MMOs suck out of a person's life, and then somehow found myself booting up TF2. Later, after 5 minutes of subjective time had past, I realized that it was after 2am. Having the 9 character classes--each with a fun and very different type of gameplay--makes this a game with a lot of immersion and replayability.

From the half-baked comparison bucket, let me pull this out: I've also played a small amount of the Enemy Territory Quake Wars (ETQW) demo. Both are class-based objective driven games. ETQW is a deeper, more complex game than TF2. But comparing the two is a bit like comparing, well, pure fun (TF2) with pure work (ETQW). Can't stop to smile while playing ETQW. Can't stop smiling while playing TF2. So far, I'd have to say that ETQW might be the better, richer game; but the joy of gaming is in TF2.

[FnG] JoshuaC

Postby [FnG] JoshuaC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:08 am

Between QW and TF2 I like them both. QW plays just like Return to castle wolfenstien which I used to play alot.

TF2 is dangerously addictive. There's just so much you can do in the game.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:54 pm

If you guys like TF2, seriously check out Fortress Forever. It's the "competitive" version of Team Fortress for the HL2 engine and came out last week. It is a nice blend between Quake World Team Fortress and Team Fortress Classic, plus since it was made by former TFC 'pro' players, they took the time to balance it properly for competitive play and make it into a really REALLY good game from a player's perspective as opposed to a dev's perspective.

TF2 is basically a much slower, dumbed-down version of what Fortress Forever is. However, the 'dumbing-down' as I chose to call it also did admittedly give TF2 an easier learning curve for players. It's kinda similar to how someone new to UT2004 would have trouble if they ran into a UT99 or UT2003 player. Not AS BAD as that, given they made FF more friendly / tutorial-loaded for the younger players, but there is a bit of a skill gap there. Infinite possibilities though.

Anyway, I'll stop advertising in your TF2 thread now and just say that the [FDG] The Chocolate Shoppe will be back for Fortress Forever in about a week. FF is free, and I'd love to see some FnGers playing with us! We'll probably start it out as a pub server.

~S

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 pm

Thanks, Sundae!

Maybe TF2 is the dumbing-down that makes the game playable for me. It's is the first Fortress-Anything game I've played.

Well, definitely, I'll d/l FF and check it out!

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:39 pm

For the record, I didn't mean dumbing down to be a negative thing, in spite of what it sounds like. I just couldn't come up with a better way of saying that they removed a lot of the features from the Team Fortress games of old.

Return to “First-Person Shooters”