Tell me about living in Ireland

Discussion related to Clan issues and activities.
[FDG]Sundae

Tell me about living in Ireland

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

There are some Irish FnGers, right? Could you guys tell me about your country a bit, particularly the parts I wouldn't know as only a tourist?

A company in Galway (Mylan Pharma) wants to interview me. My wife loved Ireland when she went there for university for a year, but that's just a year and as a student.

Tell me about your beautiful country! :D

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: Tell me about living in Ireland

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Which part of Ireland are you talking about?
Northern Ireland (the part that's in the UK) or the Republic of Ireland (which is 95% or Ireland)

I know nothing of the 2 but thought I'd ask anyway.

[FDG]Sundae

Re: Tell me about living in Ireland

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 am

[FnG] Unholy Eve wrote:Which part of Ireland are you talking about?
Northern Ireland (the part that's in the UK) or the Republic of Ireland (which is 95% or Ireland)

I know nothing of the 2 but thought I'd ask anyway.

You live just next door and you don't know where Galway is? And people call Americans bad about geography. :lol:

(Just kidding, I :wub: you.)

My wife went to university in Ballyvaughan, and I've hit almost every town on that map of the Republic, at least, except for Killorglin and Limerick. However, her time was just a year in the burren, basically, and I was very clearly a tourist. For some reason, I thought you lot had some Irish members. :)

Technically, the place I'm interviewing with is about 10 miles west, in Inverin, but Inverin is a fairly heavy Irish-speaking city, so I'd prefer to live a bit closer to Galway proper. My wife can speak a *bit* of Irish - early-learning conversational, I suppose you could call it - but it's absolute greek to me.

Return to “Clan Discussion”