Pinball FX 2

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Bawsy

Pinball FX 2

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:22 pm

Guys. XBOX 360 owners.

I >MUST< insist that you all purchase Pinball FX 2.

You actually download the whole game for free, and can trial run any table. But to play proper games, you need to purchase the tables individually (at 200 points per table - whats that, £1.50 or something?). I currently have the pack of 4 new tables that come with Pinball FX 2.

It is amazingly addictive. In time you get to learn the tables, learn what to do to score the big points. And the feeling as you overtake a sparring friend on the 'friends' high score table is great! I'd love to whup Cannon's ass on this one.

It has split screen play as well in both local and online play, and is good in face-offs with the kids/wife. I honestly cannot recommend it enough. The graphics are top-notch, and the physics are very realistic.

These Xbox Live Arcade games are proving to have more staying power than the big hitters. Halo Reach? Whats that? I honestly cant remember. :)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Re: Pinball FX 2

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm

I would agree with you if it weren't for fifa 11 ;) and some other big titles that have eaten lots of time. Regardless tough, the arcade is home to some great games for superb entertainment (most recently super meat man, awesome platformer!!).

Anyway... first to check out the game to then claim my time back :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 am

Mmm...pinball? Dunno I'll have a look, cant seem to find the time to play the damn xbox atm!

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Thats the good thing about these Xbox arcade games. You can fire right into them, and they dont require large chunks of your time! Download the demo, and tell me you are not impressed.

Para - tried the Super Meat Boy demo. Loved it - some of the demo levels got pretty hard, and I worried for my controllers/cats. Gave it to Jake to try, and he loved it too.

10 seconds later, 800 points spent on unlocking the full game :)

It is great fun. At first I was racing through the levels, but Im now gonna go back and try and beat some of your times. Just for the hell of it :)

PS. Hate to admit it, bit I also "whored" my name out on a couple of xbox forums to try and get a larger group of 'friends' for the Pinball FX 2 leaderboards. Im top on 2 of the tables, time to focus on the others.
Last edited by [FnG] Bawsy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Just to point out that it is indeed a normal trial in disguise .. downloading the game with trial tables is a trial (you pointed that out too, but I asumed there might be one normal table or so, since it's get pointed out as a free game) and to unlock tables you need to push in 400 mp (yesterday at least when I checked). Maybe it's just like with super meat boy, 50 percent off in the first week.

Anyway, trial looked solid with good physics ..if you like pinball, you like this.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:47 pm

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL wrote:Just to point out that it is indeed a normal trial in disguise .. downloading the game with trial tables is a trial (you pointed that out too, but I asumed there might be one normal table or so, since it's get pointed out as a free game) and to unlock tables you need to push in 400 mp (yesterday at least when I checked). Maybe it's just like with super meat boy, 50 percent off in the first week.

Anyway, trial looked solid with good physics ..if you like pinball, you like this.

Its actually a set 200 ms points per table.

There are 2 compilation packs of 4 for 800 ms points each (the 4 original tables for Pinball FX, and the 4 new tables for Pinball FX 2), and about abother 5 or so single tables.

So, you can get up and running for just 200 ms points.

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:29 pm

Gave in...downloading now...

Update: well it's ok but Im not parting with anymore cash so it'll stay demo for the time being... Ive got to buy 2 copies of black ops and a tent :crazy: in the next few days
Last edited by [FnG] Cannon on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:48 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:
[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL wrote:Just to point out that it is indeed a normal trial in disguise .. downloading the game with trial tables is a trial (you pointed that out too, but I asumed there might be one normal table or so, since it's get pointed out as a free game) and to unlock tables you need to push in 400 mp (yesterday at least when I checked). Maybe it's just like with super meat boy, 50 percent off in the first week.

Its actually a set 200 ms points per table.

There are 2 compilation packs of 4 for 800 ms points each (the 4 original tables for Pinball FX, and the 4 new tables for Pinball FX 2), and about abother 5 or so single tables.

So, you can get up and running for just 200 ms points.

Ah ok .. sorry for misinforming then... didn't look hard enough then :)

Return to “Console Gaming”