Kinect?

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Hanno

Kinect?

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:38 am

Will be a damp squib?
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Re: Kinect?

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:42 pm

It's more interesting then the Move since that directly copies functionality of the Wii. Control by the body only is a very interesting move, tough seeing how they've implemented it so far I'm not too impressed, replacing the push of a button by holding your hand on the spot is about as uninspiring a solution as anything and makes for old-time structuring with new-style controls. With 'Child of Eden' it may become more interesting for games.

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 pm

At the moment it doesnt really float my boat, granted it's a new product and needs to develop. I probably will buy one purely so I can sit on my fat ass and select movies with the wave of a hand. The current games shown for the Kinect do sort of scream Wii but surely once things ramp up they are gonna develop a game which can use a controller in the shape of an assault rifle with strategically placed buttons and you actually use the rifle to aim../drools [more likely be the "move" though as according to various reports is far more accurate at present]

Only time will tell, but I for one wont be parting with cash for any of the current titles..

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Im getting it - looks great.

Worth it alone (ok, not quite) for voice-controlled xbox, a nice way of live 'video-cam'ing, and to act as a replacement to a headset in games

Getting pretty good reviews, and appears to work a lot better than expected. Kids are gonna love it, as are the family at gatherings and parties!

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Those of you getting or wanting to get the kinect might want to read the following review to see if your living space can handle it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/04/kinect-review/

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Typical Microsoft..selling half finished crap

I sit at most 2 meters from the telly...think ill wait until after the first few updates and more favourable reviews

Return to “Console Gaming”