Super Meat Boy

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Bawsy

Super Meat Boy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Damn you, Paranoid!
Damn you for recommending this.

I tried the demo, and thought "Interesting - I like it, my kids will like it".

ARGH!

It's so bloody tough & frustrating, yet superbly satisfying when you finally beat the level you've been stuck on for the last 15 minutes.

And then you go back to get A's on them all, to open up the Dark World version of the level.
And you do the Dark World version.
And you do the Dark World version again to get an A on that too.
And then you check the leaderboards for both versions, and see you are so slow compared to all your friends.
So you replay the level over and over to work out the quickest path.

And then you realise that you've missed bed-time again, and that *your wife, in her boredom, has started sleeping with the postie.

So I blame you for wrecking my marriage.

(the bit from * is not true, but it could happen).

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Re: Super Meat Boy

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm glad you like it :D. Wrecking a life in the process is something I see as a bonus 8) (Muhahahaaaa)...

Anyway, it's the smooth controls and the low punishment for dieing (actually, it's a plus with the replay at the end eh :D ) plus knowing you made the mistake and not the code that makes this brilliant. Along with some of the finest level design i've seen (some random things floating around often bust you when you make an err).

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Para.

One must express nothing but disappointment in the very slow times that you have posted on some of the levels. You simply must try harder :)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Challenge accepted! (Unless it's evil times like trials HD, then I'll just curse you ;))

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Thought I'd stir things a little bit more by letting you know that my 6 year old boy has beaten half your times... ;)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 am

Here I was thinking I had set up some tricky times to beat yesterday.. to find out only 1 sticks is always evil. At least I got back a few so far and when my thumb settles again I might try to give the others a go (unless you have overthrown those, but the margins are getting smaller and smaller)

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Aye, it's sore on the thumb!

I think I will give 1-4 to you. I have no idea how to pull back that 0.2 of a second. Those early levels that are just one or two jumps - a wee bit of luck required I think.

I noticed you had started taking some times back, so I - as competitive as ever - took a few back again. You still have one or two ;)

One thing has begun to annoy me about this game. You don't get to see your time when you complete the level, unless you watch the replay, or go back to the main screen. Most annoying, as I dont really know if I've beat you or not. Even watching the replay, the clock time shown is always about 0.1 seconds faster that the time recorded on the leaderboard. I hope these are issues that have been addressed in the soon-to-come patch.

Return to “Console Gaming”