The Bawsy and Cannon Epic Thread :)

Discussion related to Console Gaming
User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

The Bawsy and Cannon Epic Thread :)

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Buckle up were in for a helluva ride :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=3819.0
Last edited by [FnG] Cannon on Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:50 pm

I know how excited you are about this, so I will wait on your opinion.
As much as it pains me to say, you were right about the scorch. Its better than a controller, but its not quite there. I get good results with COD, but pretty poor with Halo.

Not to mention support for it has all but gone tits up.

If XIM3 is as good as hoped, I may look at purchasing it IF AND ONLY IF my scorch & nunchuk can be used with it (it really is a great set-up).

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:51 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:I know how excited you are about this, so I will wait on your opinion.
As much as it pains me to say, you were right about the scorch. Its better than a controller, but its not quite there. I get good results with COD, but pretty poor with Halo.

Not to mention support for it has all but gone tits up.

If XIM3 is as good as hoped, I may look at purchasing it IF AND ONLY IF my scorch & nunchuk can be used with it (it really is a great set-up).


There's a new firmware out for the scorch if your interested, well relatively new http://tuact.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=66&lang=en

I will gladly chuck the scorch directly into the bin when the xim comes out, it truly drives me nuts insofar as it's only a pubic hair's breadth away from being an awesome piece of kit but the input lag..man ggrrrrrrrrr. It also seems more or less responsive on alternating maps and I have to keep tinkering.

I get a constant reminder of just how poor things are when I flash up the laptop for a game of COD4 or Black Ops and find myself back getting the occasional headshot from the other end of a map with a flick of the wrist.

Anyway I know it was a big decision for you to buy it and I hope it does work as you wish with the xim. For your info of course I will let you know how it plays along with the xim.

Should be shipping early Jan hopefully in time for me getting back onshore... I actually only found out about the imminent release as I was punting for the xim2 but cant find them for love or money now, there's sure to be a glut of them on ebay soon though ;p

See you ingame :)

ps loved the Kinnect demo :yahoo: very funny :)

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 am

XIM3 releasing this week, for once I wish I lived in Oregon

This makes me laugh...wall hack!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZvrjv1 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzFmaeZtuc

User avatar
[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin
Posts: 4972
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:34 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Omg dude wallhack, he totally did not hear me..

Errm whats a wallhack
:lmao:
Image
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm

[FnG] Cannon wrote:XIM3 releasing this week, for once I wish I lived in Oregon

This makes me laugh...wall hack!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZvrjv1 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzFmaeZtuc


Ouch. That is such an advantage over the controller. I feel guilty just wanting it, never mind using it! :twisted:

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:
[FnG] Cannon wrote:XIM3 releasing this week, for once I wish I lived in Oregon

This makes me laugh...wall hack!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZvrjv1 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzFmaeZtuc


Ouch. That is such an advantage over the controller. I feel guilty just wanting it, never mind using it! :twisted:


Naw, its just a preffered input device...LOL....\runs for cover from Paranoid :P

I'll tell you Bawsy, that bloody Scorch is doin my heid in,lag lag lag...works ok for 5 mins or so then really unresponsive [relatively speaking]....

...........

Some of the mods at XIM3 are doing live streams to show the waiting masses how its performing have a look

Black Ops

Halo Reach

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

Well Cannon.

Do you have your xim3 yet? Wasnt it meant to be last Friday? How is it?

Spill the beans, man!

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Join me and find out...lol :P

Seriously though, its bloody amazing. I've only used it for a couple of hours on Black Ops as my son has come of age and highjacked me xbox :slaphead:

The smart translators are incredible Im not kidding mate there are pretty much 100% PC like and are rapidly evolving.

Im getting old and my reflexes are knackered so dont judge it on my K/D haha :)

I absolutely love my xbox now and have just bought one for work and more importantly one for his master's bedroom.

Head on over to the forums baws if you havnt already and look at the first impressions thread..Some of the guys on the forums are serious PC gamers [were talking world champs and stuff!] and their input into the development of the XIM3 is incredible.

This device is truly gobsmacking

My only issue with the xbox is lag [Have you noticed when you "host" on BO you lag like ****] and lack of dedi servers but this will come [see GOW3]..

My advice mate..sell you xscorch POS and get one of these you will not regret it. I can 100% guarantee you will rock the joint with your skills.

Me I just need to find my ideal sensitivity and it will come.

Buy one....EDIT:SHOP IS OPEN...FINALLY!! Use a re-mailer as per instructions on the forum.............. £150 roughly [$150[XIM3]+$34 [shipping]+£34 [customs clearance] for a little piece of heaven :D
:)

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 pm

It sounds fantastic - unfortunately! :(

At £150, it is WAY too expensive for what it is. I cant justify it - it costs more than the console. If they get a shipper over here in the UK, and I can get it at about the £75 quid mark, I'll think about it.

As it is though, Im guessing first person shooters are gonna be a bit painful now as this thing takes off. Dont invite me to a game with you!

Have you still got your scorch? Does it work as an input device to the xim3? It would be great if it did, as the setup is brilliant (great wee nunchuk, and a mouse with the controller buttons).

Edit: You have more money than sense, matey! One advantage of working offshore I guess :)

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I hear ye

I personally think £150 is reasonable, considering I and a lot of other PC gamers will gladly fork out £100's for the latest input devices and upgrades for the pc this is a no brainer.. however they will come down in price according to OBsiV.

PC gaming is dead mate, no point flogging a dead horse and I absolutely know for certain you WILL buy one of these ...hahaha

To be honest it may be a game changer for you given your skills with a m/kb but for most of us it just feels a lot better/natural.

Flog your scorch on ebay and do the right thing :) Im laughing to myself because I know you will get one, your far too competetive not to..lmao

Im pretty much finished with PC gaming now,all my gaming pc's bar one of them are sitting in a cupboard waiting for me to ebay them..

I would love you to just try it for a wee while just to see your reaction :)

More money than sense? It's not the money mate, Ive never had any sense :)

Im gonna bug the crap out of you until you buy one...resistance is futile :P

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:39 pm

Its never gonna happen!

As much as I would love one of these bad boys, the wife would go absolutely spare - its not the sort of cost I can cover up too - a joint bank account has stopped those types of shinnanigans! A quick peek on the XIM3 store also shows they are not taking any international orders yet - not that it matters for me :)

I saw you on last night, but by the time I had booted up Black Ops, you were away again. I was looking forward to seeing how you performed as well! I'll try again tonight.

I laugh at how this time last year, you were complaining about the Xbox being a waste of money, and nothing but a DVD player for you. I knew you'd see the light!

I may still flog the scorch though - its not good enough to warrant the trouble of pulling out tables etc.

Xim3 - that would get me playing Halo REACH again. Loved the game, hated the controllers.

Pipe dreams.

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:32 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Its never gonna happen!

As much as I would love one of these bad boys, the wife would go absolutely spare - its not the sort of cost I can cover up too - a joint bank account has stopped those types of shinnanigans! A quick peek on the XIM3 store also shows they are not taking any international orders yet - not that it matters for me :)

I saw you on last night, but by the time I had booted up Black Ops, you were away again. I was looking forward to seeing how you performed as well! I'll try again tonight.

I laugh at how this time last year, you were complaining about the Xbox being a waste of money, and nothing but a DVD player for you. I knew you'd see the light!

I may still flog the scorch though - its not good enough to warrant the trouble of pulling out tables etc.

Xim3 - that would get me playing Halo REACH again. Loved the game, hated the controllers.

Pipe dreams.


haha...dont pin too much on judging my performance you should know me better than that :P

Re-pulling oot tables I use the "dave's" from ikea there magic!

My scorch will be going on ebay as well very soon. Dunno how much ill get for it though...

Not giving up on you I know youll do it....I can see all them crappy games you buy..lol....I easily see a XIM3 there even on the trade in value!

[FnG] Bawsy
Posts: 1298
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:03 pm
Location: Fife, Scotland

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:22 pm

If you still have your scorch, do me a favour and see if you can use that as the input for the Xim 3.
I dont like the idea of losing the left analogue. You'll probably find you cant control your walk speed in games like Black Ops and Halo now... ;)

And I dont buy crappy games. I actually encourage you to go out and try some of the Live Arcade games, they are amazingly good fun, and often possess better staying power than the AAA titles.

Super Meat Boy
Trials HD
Geometery Wars 2
BF 1943
Pinball FX

Ive sunk more hours into them than anything else!

As for games, I dont like trading them in...I tend to buy and keep!

User avatar
[FnG] Cannon
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:14 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:If you still have your scorch, do me a favour and see if you can use that as the input for the Xim 3.
I dont like the idea of losing the left analogue. You'll probably find you cant control your walk speed in games like Black Ops and Halo now... ;)

And I dont buy crappy games. I actually encourage you to go out and try some of the Live Arcade games, they are amazingly good fun, and often possess better staying power than the AAA titles.

Super Meat Boy
Trials HD
Geometery Wars 2
BF 1943
Pinball FX

Ive sunk more hours into them than anything else!

As for games, I dont like trading them in...I tend to buy and keep!


Meh, Cut the BS and sell your games man :P Ive just switched to a 22" instead of the big plasma and im in heaven. I will try the scorch for you and you could also ask XIM3 to support it,infact someone already has! However the original concept of the xim was to use a wii-mote with the xbox, the designer now uses and supports a sony nav controller which is very similar to the scorch however the wireless dongle may be an issue. Personally i would rather use the nav as you can use it wired, wireless to me especially that scorch adds precious mS in an already laggy environment.

If only you could see what it looks like you'd sell your car to get one of these :)


Return to “Console Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest