The Bawsy and Cannon Epic Thread :)

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Cannon

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Well, Im on my xbox most nights. I always look out for you, but havent seen you around for a few days. Im all mic'ed up and ready to go - lets get it on tonight! Just give me a shout if you see me. If its between 9pm and 10pm, chances are im on the FnG Euro server playing ut2004. Come along for a quick shot, and then we'll walk out into the Xbox live sunset together holding hands...or something!

I keep talking myself out of Xim, then watching Obsessive's smart translater video, and realising again why it's so great. No wonder scorch didnt work too well - all you could do was maually flash different profiles down to it 1 at a time. So what might be ok for COD, sucked for BF and vice versa. Still cannot justify the cost though, at all. Im a tight git.

Maybe the store will be perma-open by the time October comes along. Ill be in Florida for 2 weeks at a fixed address, so it's always an option! May even be cheaper then. Better still, maybe you'll be bored of your xbox by October, and I'll buy your Xim off you for a few tins of strongbow and a packet of cheese & onion crisps ;)

Have you tried Bad Company 2 on the xbox? Great game. A bit more strategic than COD, and not so quick and in your face!

Bugger I dunno whats happened but I cant aim for sh!t tonight doesnt help one kids on xbl and the others downloading a 1.65GB file on a 4meg connection! Must persevere but Im back proping up the leaderboard again...crap!! Maybe I need a drink!

Im tempted by the Cider and crisps, offer me that when Im offshore and you may have a deal as long as you can get it out to me :P

Bad Co 2 yeah played on PC, didnt play much online cause it took like 4 hours to load a map and then id spend 5 minutes running up the map to get sniped as soon as I got into the battlezone. Didnt have the confidence to join a squad cause Im crap...lol. However, funnily enough I just removed the wrapper from the xbox version last night, just bought it so maybe will head into that soon. too many games man no time to play them, very frustrating.

My scorch is on ebay for 99p..lol so well see what it goes for

Is it Dunfermline your from? Dont have to mention being a tight git if thats the case..LMAO

Will see you online later but no chat as I'll be sitting in the kitchen...again!

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Missed you! Saw a party invite about 2 minutes before I shuffled off to bed. I was on for quite a while too...

I see your scorch on ebay. Its on my watch list so I can see how little/much it goes for. That'll decide whether I keep it or not (it may be worth hanging onto just to have an extra mouse for the pc).

You made a noob mistake in BC2. It doesnt matter how bad you are, join a squad. You dont need to talk to them, and they probably dont care how bad/good you are. Advantages are:

1) You can spawn on ANY alive squad member (you'll need this for defending/attacking points together)
2) Dead squad members can spawn on you (you'll need this for defending/attacking points together)
3) By sticking togethers, your medics will heal/revive you, assault will supply you with ammo, engineers repair your vehicles. Much more team orientated, and its all the better for it.

I'll be more than happy to show you the ropes! It doesnt take 5 mins to load a map, and you wont get sniped all the time (because most folk have a pad, and its much harder to snipe with a pad).

I was born in Dunfermline ;) Havent lived there since I was 2, and am instead just on the outskirts of Glenrothes. Whatever way you look at it, Im a fifer, and therefore tight. Dont get me wrong though - I would order the XIM today were I single and didnt need to justify anything to Her Majesty! :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:46 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Missed you! Saw a party invite about 2 minutes before I shuffled off to bed. I was on for quite a while too...

I see your scorch on ebay. Its on my watch list so I can see how little/much it goes for. That'll decide whether I keep it or not (it may be worth hanging onto just to have an extra mouse for the pc).

You made a noob mistake in BC2. It doesnt matter how bad you are, join a squad. You dont need to talk to them, and they probably dont care how bad/good you are. Advantages are:

1) You can spawn on ANY alive squad member (you'll need this for defending/attacking points together)
2) Dead squad members can spawn on you (you'll need this for defending/attacking points together)
3) By sticking togethers, your medics will heal/revive you, assault will supply you with ammo, engineers repair your vehicles. Much more team orientated, and its all the better for it.

I'll be more than happy to show you the ropes! It doesnt take 5 mins to load a map, and you wont get sniped all the time (because most folk have a pad, and its much harder to snipe with a pad).

I was born in Dunfermline ;) Havent lived there since I was 2, and am instead just on the outskirts of Glenrothes. Whatever way you look at it, Im a fifer, and therefore tight. Dont get me wrong though - I would order the XIM today were I single and didnt need to justify anything to Her Majesty! :)

Got asked if I would ship to Sweden so said gimme £20 + postage and it's yours..so thats the scorch gone! Got a crap load of other stuff added now, crap being the operative word :P

Yeah maybe Ill dip my toe in tonight. Enjoyed my Halo Reach last night. Still get owned but at least Im enjoying myself which is all that matters. I get placed on leader boards where you would expect an old fart like me to get placed and thats all I can ask for.

In fairness I can't really call you tight, coming from Aberdeen myself :rolleyes:

Right back to Ebay..determined to get enough for my Mixamp..

See you tonight

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Oh god help me be strong. XIM3's available in store!

Good job on selling the scorch. £20 is a bit, well, rubbish though. May just hang onto it for having an extra mouse...

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:46 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Oh god help me be strong. XIM3's available in store!

Good job on selling the scorch. £20 is a bit, well, rubbish though. May just hang onto it for having an extra mouse...

I know its rubbish probs could have got more but cant be arsed f'ing around. Only need £100 for the mixamp so thats 20% :)

Re the XIM, remember an argument only lasts 5 minutes whrereas a XIM's for life! :D

I picking up a vibe, that by the time I come from my next trip, you'll be XIM'd up :lmao:

Resistance is futile :P

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:58 pm

XIM store is officially open :)

http://store.xim3.com/XIM3_p_8.html

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:49 pm

No gonna happen!

Maybe when im in Florida, the wife is in a more relaxed mood, and I dont have tax and charges left right and centre to contend with :)

I have a big itch to play some Halo Reach at the moment. That may be tonights game of choice!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:54 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:No gonna happen!

Maybe when im in Florida, the wife is in a more relaxed mood, and I dont have tax and charges left right and centre to contend with :)

I have a big itch to play some Halo Reach at the moment. That may be tonights game of choice!

Im trying to get on, too much crap to do....mucho annoying

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 am

Got £260 for my ebay crap! mixamp and A40 headset on its way :) might get a nostromo as well with the change :)

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Nice! Congrats on selling all your crap :) You are now so 'gizmo'd' up, that I will always be in your team.

Saw you on last night, I was desperate to join, but could I find my Halo Reach? Must have slipped down the back of some unit or something, so I'll look for it again tonight. I have developed a real itch for this game now, very tempted to play through the SP campaign again.

What was the XIM like with the Halo Reach Smart translator? Did you notice an improvement?

Edit: Just noticed there are 2 map-packs out for Halo Reach now. You got any of them?

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm

[FnG] Cannon wrote:Got £260 for my ebay crap! mixamp and A40 headset on its way :) might get a nostromo as well with the change :)

I've been following this thread with bemusement for several weeks now.
I must find me some of that ebay crap to sell for myself :)
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:07 am

Yeah saw you too thought you might have joined.

Halo smart is pretty damn good considering the look mechanic, but not that this stops xim tech from going the xtra mile as there's a new one on the way. Halo to me feels 100% PC like. My problem is I need to tweak my sensitivities but end up playing too much and forgert to fine tune them. Ive developed a really jerky hand at micro movements even given the huge aim assist on halo I still end up middle to bottom leaderboard. It varies between maps, maybe just unfamiliarity.

Got my mixamp and A40's, bloody awesome!!!

@Hanno, hello buddy, welcome to the bawsy and cannon thread :) Yes, find some old forgotten stuff in your attic, sell it buy an xbox and a xim3 and join me for some cool fun. Bawsy's being a tight git and wont open his bulging wallet :brow: But the seed has been planted, I know how competative he is and its only a matter of weeks before he caves in :P

Do you have an xbox?
Would you consider buying one?
Are you missing the good ol days :)

Get up into that attic now fella :crazy:

edit; @ Bawsy , no mate no map packs for reach, not sure if I will either, but you may be able to twist ma arm if you get yer ass online with me :P

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 am

[FnG] Cannon wrote:Do you have an xbox?
Would you consider buying one?
Are you missing the good ol days :)

Get up into that attic now fella :crazy:

My problem is more space than money, we are buried under books and toys.
I had actually put £500 aside for an xbox and 2nd tv for if we moved house but the market here is dead
so we've called that off plan for the present and are improving where we are instead.

I do need to clear out the attic though I've got stuff up there boxed from 20 years ago...
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 am

Hanno.

You dont need to pay £150 for XIm3 - thats only for a) the duffers who just cannot play with a pad at all, or b) ex-pc folk that want to dominate xbox folk :)

I havent upgraded my computer in years - absolutely no need to. It plays UT2004 & UT3. Every other game ive ever want has come out on the xbox, and thats my platform of choice now. Games just work. Cant remember the last time I upgraded drivers or stuff on my pc ;)

And an xbox takes up very little space. Get it bought!

Cannon - was on Halo reach last night. Wow. I'd totally forgotten what a great game it was. Multiplayer was mucho fun, and I started the campaign again and was really enjoying it. I love the atmosphere, and driving the warthog over hills :) This game I feel would REALLY benefit from the Xim3. I'm nowhere near as good on it with the pad as I am on Call Of Duty.

Must think of another way of getting £150. Selling PC games is a no-no. What else can I sell?

"GRAN, COME HERE A SECOND..."

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey Hanno,

Imagine the space you could free up if you ditched the PC! Serious though, most PC games released nowadays are console ports anyway so effectively you are already playing xbox albiet on different Microsoft hardware :P Get it bought dood.

Bawsy, leave your granny alone, just remember all those jumpers and bed socks she knitted for you. Halo's ok, I do get fedup with it after a hour or two playing SWAT but end up going back on after half an hour. Its bloody annoying though I cant seem to stay consistant and come last on some maps and completely win on others. Im going to try to video some of these though as Im shooting these doods right on the napper mutiple times and they headshot me! Very strange...

Are you a low,med or high sens player?

Return to “Console Gaming”