The Bawsy and Cannon Epic Thread :)

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Cannon

Re: XIM3 Nearing release day

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 am

Well?...lol

I think you'll agree a marked improvement to say the least :O did you watch theater from my perspective the last couple of games? Bear in mind Im not too bad a player at COD on the PC :Beye:

Now I just know what your gonna come back with ...but deep down you are already working out how to get together the dosh.

Admit it?

Sorry mate the wireless mic battery was flat and by the time you came back on it was too late to be shouting in the kitchen with the kids in bed. I tell ya if I didnt have an offshore medical tommorow Id be playin all night :)

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 am

I must say, mate, I was very VERY impressed (with the scores - I didnt look at theatre).
Knowing how distinctly average/poor your scores were with the pad, that was indeed conclusive proof that XIM3 works an absolute treat.

In the final game I played, I went on a great run (got the chopper for the first time), and still you trounced my amount of kills.

I couldnt help but notice how many times I had first sight on somebody, but couldnt line up the shot quick enough/accurately enough. I compared that to my UT2004 performances an hour earlier - night and day. Basically, Im entering some kind of 'god' state on UT2004 - headshots galore, LG/shock deadly. Imagine that transferred to COD on the Xbox.

Dont get me wrong, Id love a XIM3. I just cannot justify the cost.

I do love your newly-found enthusiasm though. Games are so much better when you actually do well in them, huh?

Same here with mic by the way - too late at night to use it. I was well up for it earlier, but the wife arrived home with the kids about 45 minutes earlier than planned. Damn them!

XIM3 remains a pipe dream!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:36 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:I must say, mate, I was very VERY impressed (with the scores - I didnt look at theatre).
Knowing how distinctly average/poor your scores were with the pad, that was indeed conclusive proof that XIM3 works an absolute treat.

In the final game I played, I went on a great run (got the chopper for the first time), and still you trounced my amount of kills.

I couldnt help but notice how many times I had first sight on somebody, but couldnt line up the shot quick enough/accurately enough. I compared that to my UT2004 performances an hour earlier - night and day. Basically, Im entering some kind of 'god' state on UT2004 - headshots galore, LG/shock deadly. Imagine that transferred to COD on the Xbox.

Dont get me wrong, Id love a XIM3. I just cannot justify the cost.

I do love your newly-found enthusiasm though. Games are so much better when you actually do well in them, huh?

Same here with mic by the way - too late at night to use it. I was well up for it earlier, but the wife arrived home with the kids about 45 minutes earlier than planned. Damn them!

XIM3 remains a pipe dream!

We should start a fund for you!

I should also say which might be important, is that prior to using a 22" monitor/tv, I was the same, ie getting first sight on players but coming off second best and now put it down to huge lag on my plasma even though it was in "game" mode!

I know your credentials for UT and quite frankly you'd probably get banned for "wall-hacking" if you used a XIM, but Id love to see it :)

Your right it makes all the difference not propping up the rest of the leader board :D

I suppose I could buy one for you and rent it out to you for a nominal sum :D think of me as a friendlier provie check :P

By the way Egg credit cards dont require paper bills so you could buy and pay back in installments. Not that I would ever encourage you to be deceitful :oops:

Where there's a will theres a way mate..

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:09 pm

My solution is simple.

I will now only play IN your team :) And hope the other team is full of pad duffers like myself :)

Question: Do you find the auto-aim assist makes movement 'sticky' when you're hovering over a player? Or is it something you dont notice?

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:My solution is simple.

I will now only play IN your team :) And hope the other team is full of pad duffers like myself :)

Question: Do you find the auto-aim assist makes movement 'sticky' when you're hovering over a player? Or is it something you dont notice?

To be honest I dont really notice it or the auto-aim except maybe when I've 3 guys in my fov and trying to switch to the dood not currently selected by the autoaim, but I play at really low sensitivity. Some of the pro players seem to notice it while ADS and I know in a lot of cases they're high sens players. However, theres currently a lot of work going on updating the smart translators for exactly this reason as they were feeling the slow down on approaching hit boxes and pulling from the auto aim etc. Im in on the release candidate for it and its freakin awesome. Bottom line is a newer more advanced translator will be released with an option for advanced config for those that want it. For me Im happy with the noob settings until such times as I understand what the hell they are talking about :P

Ultimately, no mate, it's not a problem, this was the whole point in the XIM project. There are some very clever doods over there.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Well.

I finally got fed up of not getting on the XBox when I wanted, so moved it upstairs to the computer room. What a f***in' pain in the neck.

1. Had to buy an HDMI switch so I could share the monitor between PC & Xbox.

2. Hooked up the Xbox, and finally got to sample the horror of the speakers on my 22inch widescreen monitor. :horror2: There is no way I could game like that. In the end, I had to perform some surgery on the standard VGA connector supplied with the xbox to remove the casing so it could fit in beside the hdmi connector I use. I then plugged the audio connectors into a DIFFERENT set of speakers from my PC. So thats 2 sets of speakers & 2 sub woofers.

3. Its a small desk, so I had to do a LOT of rejigging to get it fit, and to hide the cables.

4. My Kinect is now useless - not enough room in the computer room for it, so the sensor sits downstairs, unused & unloved.

The good news is that it works. The better news is that Im now at a desk, making a mouse & keyboard an option for the future should I need it :)

I did try the scorch again, but I just couldnt get used to it. I performed better with the pad. Strangely, my K/D ratio is much better on the small screen than it was on my 42" LCD. You may have a valid point about input lag. Either that, or it's just becasue I am in a more comfortable environment. Maybe a mix of the two.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Har!

I went onto the XIM3 forums, and left a reply in the "Is it unfair?" thread. You want to see these guys try and defend themselves when somebody dares to suggest its unfair! :) I laugh. The excuses are great...

"Anyone can buy it". (deflection)
"Is it unfair that they have a 52" TV with surround sound?" (deflection)
"I know Player X who can beat me (and everyone else) with a pad" (deflection)

I cited you as an anonymous example of someone who has gone shooting from the bottom of the scoreboard to the top in every game, as a direct result of the XIM3.

One class reply "****in douche (ooooh, personal)...maybe thats because XIM has just shown his true gaming ability ...."

Erm yes Mr No Mark,nobody is denying that. But is it unfair to the other players? Yes.

I know its unfair, and wouldnt defend it as anything but, but I still want one due to the fact that I hate being crippled by the pad ;) Unfortunately, they all just want one to 'own' against public players (other threads confirm this).

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Well.

I finally got fed up of not getting on the XBox when I wanted, so moved it upstairs to the computer room. What a f***in' pain in the neck.

1. Had to buy an HDMI switch so I could share the monitor between PC & Xbox.

2. Hooked up the Xbox, and finally got to sample the horror of the speakers on my 22inch widescreen monitor. :horror2: There is no way I could game like that. In the end, I had to perform some surgery on the standard VGA connector supplied with the xbox to remove the casing so it could fit in beside the hdmi connector I use. I then plugged the audio connectors into a DIFFERENT set of speakers from my PC. So thats 2 sets of speakers & 2 sub woofers.

3. Its a small desk, so I had to do a LOT of rejigging to get it fit, and to hide the cables.

4. My Kinect is now useless - not enough room in the computer room for it, so the sensor sits downstairs, unused & unloved.

The good news is that it works. The better news is that Im now at a desk, making a mouse & keyboard an option for the future should I need it :)

I did try the scorch again, but I just couldnt get used to it. I performed better with the pad. Strangely, my K/D ratio is much better on the small screen than it was on my 42" LCD. You may have a valid point about input lag. Either that, or it's just becasue I am in a more comfortable environment. Maybe a mix of the two.

You see...I told you resistance was futile..lol...thats your subconscience telling you its gonna happen :)

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Har!

I went onto the XIM3 forums, and left a reply in the "Is it unfair?" thread. You want to see these guys try and defend themselves when somebody dares to suggest its unfair! :) I laugh. The excuses are great...

"Anyone can buy it". (deflection)
"Is it unfair that they have a 52" TV with surround sound?" (deflection)
"I know Player X who can beat me (and everyone else) with a pad" (deflection)

I cited you as an anonymous example of someone who has gone shooting from the bottom of the scoreboard to the top in every game, as a direct result of the XIM3.

One class reply "****in douche (ooooh, personal)...maybe thats because XIM has just shown his true gaming ability ...."

Erm yes Mr No Mark,nobody is denying that. But is it unfair to the other players? Yes.

I know its unfair, and wouldnt defend it as anything but, but I still want one due to the fact that I hate being crippled by the pad ;) Unfortunately, they all just want one to 'own' against public players (other threads confirm this).

I know mate its a pretty hostile place if your of an alternative opinion and to be honest it does kind of piss me off. Only now ive chose to respond to their crap but I know I'll get flamed for defending you...haha...but to most they should "get it" and back off..

Happy Days :)

ps Do you have a space reserved for your XIM on your desk? For info only its about the size of a fag packet so go get one stick it to your desk and mark as "space reserved :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: "

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am

:rolleyes: Sometimes people take their gaming too serious ... if you'd go down the "unfair argument road" you could argue a nostromo on the PC is unfair too :P , and yes all the same answers why it isn't would apply too.

Just enjoy your new toy and dont worry about it ;)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:49 pm

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:Just enjoy your new toy and dont worry about it ;)

Oh I am mate, very much so :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Well, I thought about selling my PC games that I know Ill never play again. 60 of them, some real crackers in there too! Went to price them on ebay...

With the exception of Call Of Duty games, and The Sims (for some reason - girls no doubt), nobody is bidding on PC games. Even at 99p.

So that'll be the plan blown out of the water!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:32 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Well, I thought about selling my PC games that I know Ill never play again. 60 of them, some real crackers in there too! Went to price them on ebay...

With the exception of Call Of Duty games, and The Sims (for some reason - girls no doubt), nobody is bidding on PC games. Even at 99p.

So that'll be the plan blown out of the water!

I know it's surprising considering the initial prices.

Not THE plan mate only A plan, you got all the way up to Z before chuckin the towel in :)

Im a little frustrated as well as Im trying to offload PC parts, cameras and complete gaming PC's but they seem to go for pennies. So far it would seem the really old stuff [relatively speaking] goes for the most ie an old AGP gaming card, good one though.

Im poised to buy THIS but feel a little guilty given all Ive bought this time home. So thought offloading some stuff would help but cant be arsed given the pittance I'd get!

Should get around £40 for my scorch though which will help.

Ill get around to testing that for you soon but when i go on the other xbox and ma boys playing in the other room, my box goes NAT strict and seems to lag a bit and by the time hes in bed I cant be arsed. But I will do it.

So what's plan B then?

EDIT: SCORCH IS A NO NO ON THE XIM, well at least it's not working for me. I tried tinkering with it but it will only recognise the lmb and rmb evrything else is dead. Confirms the ebay sale for me :P

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

You'll be lucky to get £40 for the scorch. Its being sold for £50 new with no P&P! £30 tops.

I have no real plan B. I mentioned to the wife that Im thinking about selling my PC games, and she said "will you put the money in our Florida holiday fund then?" (Were going there this Summer).

"EH, NO!!!!!!!!!" (I cannot type enough exclaimation marks to exclaim how stringly I said no)

Why oh why does a 36 year old man on a damn fine wage have so much trouble dropping £150 on a crappy wee device that women just dont get...?

I do have a nice force feedback steering wheel - Saitek R440 that has hardly been used.

Maybe get £20 for it. Scorch £30.

Some of my PC games will sell for decentish money (ie more than £5 each)

COD 1 - £5
COD 4 - £5
COD 5 - £10
Dungeon Keeper - £5
System Shock 2 - £10 (wish id kept boxes, this thing is going for about £25+ fully packaged).

But thats only half way there after ebay take their fees, and thats if I even get what I want for them.

I'll be honest. I dont think I want to give away those games for such a small amount. Id rather hang onto them forever, and fetch them out every 5 years or so for nostalgic reasons.

All in all, too mush hassle, for something that I'll only use in COD games now and again.

I have noticed my K/D ration climb from ~1 to ~1.3 ever since I moved the xbox into the computer room. I'll make do with that until such a time as the thing is cheaper, or when mouse/keyboard is supported natively on the next Xbox :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:30 pm

All in all, too mush hassle, for something that I'll only use in COD games now and again.

Not just cod mate its pretty decent on Halo as well, come to think of it any FPS and thats all I play.

I can see your desperate and I can fully appreciate that...sounds to me like you'll find a way despite your reluctance to admit it..lol

I'd love to get together regular with you on xbl.... both of us with xims, be good fun :)

Florida? Are you thinking what Im thinking? LOL We are all prone to inpulsive buys on hols...no customs crap and excessive charges.. When you off there then?

Anyway Im having a Halo SWAT night tonight see if I can tweak my XIM to headshot mode :P

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Well, Im on my xbox most nights. I always look out for you, but havent seen you around for a few days. Im all mic'ed up and ready to go - lets get it on tonight! Just give me a shout if you see me. If its between 9pm and 10pm, chances are im on the FnG Euro server playing ut2004. Come along for a quick shot, and then we'll walk out into the Xbox live sunset together holding hands...or something!

I keep talking myself out of Xim, then watching Obsessive's smart translater video, and realising again why it's so great. No wonder scorch didnt work too well - all you could do was maually flash different profiles down to it 1 at a time. So what might be ok for COD, sucked for BF and vice versa. Still cannot justify the cost though, at all. Im a tight git.

Maybe the store will be perma-open by the time October comes along. Ill be in Florida for 2 weeks at a fixed address, so it's always an option! May even be cheaper then. Better still, maybe you'll be bored of your xbox by October, and I'll buy your Xim off you for a few tins of strongbow and a packet of cheese & onion crisps ;)

Have you tried Bad Company 2 on the xbox? Great game. A bit more strategic than COD, and not so quick and in your face!

Return to “Console Gaming”