Battlefield 3

Discussion related to Console Gaming
[FnG] Cannon

Battlefield 3

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Anyone getting this for xbox?

Demo out on the 29th September if anyone's interested.

[FnG] Bawsy

Re: Battlefield 3

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Count me in! :)

Gears of War 3 will be keeping me busy in the meantime, though!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 am

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Count me in! :)

Gears of War 3 will be keeping me busy in the meantime, though!

Saw you playing it..not my bag though...to heavy/clunky/sticky :)

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Demo's out for BF3 - you tried it yet? Reports are coming in that its effectively BF:BC2 with some improved mechanics, but that's no bad thing I guess.

Gears 3: I'm absolutely loving it - came to the Xbox too late to get into the MP for Gears 1 & 2, so I am appreciating starting out with similar-skilled folk.

Or I was.

I've reached a level where I am no longer allowed to enter the casual mode (i.e. "noobs"), and instead Im forced to go into ranked games. Where I get absolutely pummeled. Still, its a game with little Z axis stuff (no jumping, no falling), and so is quite friendly for the control pad.

Looks fantastic too - best looking game I own on the Xbox, no doubt.

Been trying to get into Halo MP again as well, but its just next to impossible for me on the pad. I cant jump and aim at the same time! Plus it take crap-loads of ammo to kill anyone. You have to hang around in groups, and attack together. When it clicks, it is fantastic though...

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm

I am in love, and her name is Battlefield 3. I cannot believe how good this actually is.

You got this yet, Canon? We'll have to squad up!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Just got home mate..

Aye if you fancy doing the co-ops or whatever gimme a shout. Ive just started campaign to get a feel for things but should be on MP pretty soon.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey cannon!

Lets try again - here is a guide on how to get online in a squad. I think we did everything right, except how you pick a server. Apparently you have to use the server browser to find one that is not quite full (16-20/24), to ensure we get lumped into the same team...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 170149549/

Lets get comms going too, and maybe, we could also try some co-op.

I must admit to preferring conquest. Its a little bit more relaxing than having 24 players congregate on the same spot!

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote:Hey cannon!

Lets try again - here is a guide on how to get online in a squad. I think we did everything right, except how you pick a server. Apparently you have to use the server browser to find one that is not quite full (16-20/24), to ensure we get lumped into the same team...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ne ... 170149549/

Lets get comms going too, and maybe, we could also try some co-op.

I must admit to preferring conquest. Its a little bit more relaxing than having 24 players congregate on the same spot!

Aye I messed up last night which is fair enough. But Conquest for me is a bit meh, however I definately willing to give it a go with you or indeed co-op.

Im sorry about the lack of typing but until I get keyboard passthrough on the xim its a real pain in the rear.

The beta for me was superb with the xim really good look mechanic but the retail game is crap and I'll continue to struggle ith it. Its been recognised by DICE and there is apparently something in the pipeline...

Gimme a shout when you want to play...I may be ingame with some others art the time so give me a little while to come out ie the end of the round.points points points!!

Return to “Console Gaming”