Devil May Cry 4

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Cooks

Devil May Cry 4

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Anyone else into the DMC series? 4 has just been released for PC, and looks nothing short of spectacular graphically.

I haven't grabbed any screenshots myself yet, but here's one I've nabbed from somewhere:

It's your typical button bashing action game.. Great fun, addictive :)

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Re: Devil May Cry 4

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:09 pm

finished the first 3 and the 4th is sitting in my to do pile lol :D

[FnG] Kaidan Fenix

Postby [FnG] Kaidan Fenix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Its only really button bashing when you play it on the easy settings and even then its pretty hard to just button bash through the game. this game is all about style and precision timing, But it is really addictive though, trying to improve your scores or just get through the next difficulty settings, I had a lot of omg did I just do that moments. Its cool
Michael Jackson wrote:This is what I do when I see an Xbox360. . .I turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away, whoo hoo!

[FnG] Cooks

Postby [FnG] Cooks » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 am

Stylish button bashing... :muaha:

Game is great - stunning graphics, especially on DX10 - however, without vsync the tearing etc. is awful, and with vcsync on the game starts lagging, getting poor fps. etc. as it's DX10 & my 8800GT struggles a bit. On DX9 though, it only lets me choose 1024 x 768 resolution :( Plays smooth and looks almost as good though :)

I've read about it being too hard, like the rest of the series. I laughed, but after spending 40 minutes completing just the 3rd mission alone, I dread to think whats ahead... :lmao:

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Tried the demo on live (so the 360) and wasn't too fond of it. .. dont know why not, I'll probably like it if I give it a shot, but I've got Ninja Gaiden 2 spinning in there which is stylish bashing too (button bashing wont get u anywhere, not even as a joke ;) ) and reasonably tough at times (hell, I've turned my 360 off out of frustration plenty of times to later pick it up again and feel satisfied for beating yet another part)

Shoukin

Postby Shoukin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

Man, I have a love-hate relationship with this game. Mostly love though. Thing is, having completed it on its hardest difficult setting (Dante Must Die) I laugh at people calling this a button masher. Ask ZZ. I laughed at him. Alot. lol.

But this game's all about style. Completing levels as fast as you can, while yet getting alot of red orbs and style points. I managed to seriously care about those factors 'til I completed 'Son of Sparda' mode. This is where some of the hate comes in. I really experienced alot of frustration playing 'Dante Must Die' mode. At least 'til I noticed how much better I've gotten at chaining combos. I still managed to get A rankings without paying attention (with a few exceptions).

This kinda answers Cooks' fear. I don't know if you're playing on Human mode or Devil hunter, but there's 2 much much harder difficulty settings after that, 2 extra modes and a 100 stage survival mode. On top of that some cool bonusses I won't spoil for you.

Desiler

Postby Desiler » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:57 pm

Never played this game, but it looks so great on Youtube.

[FnG] Ripp3r

Postby [FnG] Ripp3r » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:45 am

it really is a great game. could play it on max. details and 1440 x 900 on my notebook.
but dmc4 is a bit short. i only needed 10 hours of gaming to finish it the first time ;)

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:45 pm

played it a bit more now on the pc and I have to admit that its definatly nice. (I do have a controller for the pc so that helps).

Return to “Other Games”