Project Torque - Free driving game

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

Project Torque - Free driving game

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Just wondered if anyone else out there (apart from Desmokid + DesmokidJnr) are playing this car game at all.

As well as standard type races it also has other game types including capture the flag, drift and drag racing.

It runs on pretty low end PC's (fine on my wifes 6 yr old PC) but has pretty nice graphics and a wide variety of tracks and cars to play on.

and best of all its free (although you can spend real money to get extra goodies, I never have and don't need to)

Let me know if anyone wants me to slaughter them in capture the flag!

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Re: Project Torque - Free driving game

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:17 pm

It has been a while (maybe a month orso back) that we(the kids and me) have played this game.
Realy funny and easy to handle game. The Kids love to pimp their car, and don't care at all about speed (not yet atleast :P )

We will have to download the updates and we'll be ready to race you :)

Lambik

PS. If somehow suddenly during the race you have been 'parked' on the grass still spinning in a dust cloud,
then little Ms. Dynamite aka Assepoester has 'overtaken' you in the race.

ImageImage

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:26 pm

I should of said my ingame name is Cactusman71 if you want to add me to friends...
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 pm

I've tried it but find some of the missions very frustrating. I'm stuck on #6 I think, the one where you can't go below 28 mph. Is there a way to use a different car like it says in the mission description? Or should I be playing PvP to earn exp to allow me to upgrade (since upgrades are limited to lvl 3 at the lowest it seems).

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 pm

[FnG] Malvos wrote:I've tried it but find some of the missions very frustrating. I'm stuck on #6 I think, the one where you can't go below 28 mph. Is there a way to use a different car like it says in the mission description? Or should I be playing PvP to earn exp to allow me to upgrade (since upgrades are limited to lvl 3 at the lowest it seems).

Im stuck on the same mission, and cant see how to use your own car! (on forums it says you cant)

Yes do pvp all the way as its more fun anway ;-)
The quickest way to get RP for upgrades Ive found is to do explorer. When you get the red keys, do the speed missions (fastest your car can do on toyoko map explorer)
when you complete it, drop it and do it again when you get the next key!

Also I've found skill is as important as speed on ctf so even in a plain car you can beat people in faster cars.
Saying that you did pretty well in our game earlier.
Hanno's Law:

IAmTheRad

Postby IAmTheRad » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 am

Tried this, and it's not to my liking. Doesn't run that well for me, and it's not the types of racing I like to do. The only street racing I have exists in GTA, and the original need for speed games (last one was hot pursuit 2). Gran Turismo is the only other 'real car' game I'd actually play. At least I gave it a shot, after all.

Other parts is that it's a mmo that rewards people who pay for it and the free players are basically gimped compared to the pay players who can get all the neat stuff and the free players will never have a chance to see it, unless they're playing against a pay person who will most likely beat them in a race.

[FnG] Malvos

Postby [FnG] Malvos » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:53 am

Hmm, I thought you would like it then Rad, I thought this game was kind of a combination between Gran Tourismo and NFS. Hanno I was able to complete that mission, after the second check point there is a turn off on the road (almost invisible) that I only saw by watching a guide video. CTF was pretty fun I liked letting Desmo chase you into a boxed lane and then smashing you as you came flying out, you did have some nice 180's though to get away sometimes.

IAmTheRad

Postby IAmTheRad » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:54 pm

Need for Speed didn't last past underground, you see. Hot Pursuit 2 was the last in the series for me.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:36 pm

[FnG] Malvos wrote:Hmm, I thought you would like it then Rad, I thought this game was kind of a combination between Gran Tourismo and NFS. Hanno I was able to complete that mission, after the second check point there is a turn off on the road (almost invisible) that I only saw by watching a guide video. CTF was pretty fun I liked letting Desmo chase you into a boxed lane and then smashing you as you came flying out, you did have some nice 180's though to get away sometimes.

Doh it helps if you see that little shortcut!
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] LcNessie
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] LcNessie » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:02 am

*KZZZERT* Live, damn you, LIVE!!! <--- overdramatic thread revival attempt

I 'rediscovered' project torque. It now seems to be able to actually connect me to PVP games, so I can actually move forward. Had a blast, the last couple of days, so I decided to chuck some RL money into it (not too much, but enough... ) ... to buy us a crew quarters...

If you feel like it, join us at the "Fun and Games" crew... :cheerleader:
With kind regards, Mathijs
WII: 8832 9602 6333 9837

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Havent played for a while but I update every couple of months and take a look whats newest.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] JinX-D

Postby [FnG] JinX-D » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Downloading it now :D (again)

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Mine did the updates by itself en it seems to run. I've reached LVL 4, but tbh i still cant quite make heads or tails of it :slaphead:

Interestingly enough i've completed the speedtest mission (it says i got the reward, but it doesnt show "accomplished" :?
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Yay for lvl 4. I have no idea what lvl I am ;-)

Might have a go this evening if anyone wants a race or a bit of ctf
Playername is "Cactusman71"

add me as a friend ;-)
ediit >>

Nessie has to approve us on the crew thingy?
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am

Nice games last night. Loved ramming into you people in ctf

PS

ITS MY FLAG!
Hanno's Law:

Return to “Other Games”