I've gone over to the dark side

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
Mephitic

I've gone over to the dark side

Postby Mephitic » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Santa delivered a Wii this year, and I have to admit it is quite addictive.

I've never been a fan of consoles, but I did enjoy playing on my daughter's NES/SNES and their ilk when she was little.
Nintendo has always been about gameplay at the expense of eye candy, and this is no exception.
The novelty has worn off of the interaction methods, I've become used to the various wags, wiggles, and whoopsies of the controllers, but I still enjoy playing on the darn thing.

"Santa" got it for the Wii Fit, thinking that it just might get Teri and I off the couch more often, and that has played out well (no pun intended).
But then along comes Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, and World of Goo. Whoo hoo, what a load of fun in a tiny box!

I still prefer the PC for shooters, mainly for the graphics and exploring environments (I love the immersion factor in hi-res games) but I can't deny that we are having a fabulous time with this little gem.
2b || !2b

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Re: I've gone over to the dark side

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm

*grab himm...grab!!! him.......right ...poor this tonic down...he'll be good...meddiiiccccccccc*

just dont ever box against yas and lambiks lil girl she'll whip ya :P
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

Mephitic

Postby Mephitic » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 am

[FnG] RampantBunny wrote:[...]just dont ever box against yas and lambiks lil girl she'll whip ya :P

Yeah, I play as a southpaw on most games and Teri's right cross is hard to dodge. And I think she enjoys landing them a bit *too* much, too :twisted:
2b || !2b

[FnG] Torgo 3000
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Torgo 3000 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:24 am

As I type, my son and wife are playing golf on teh Wii Sports.

Wii --- Manly, yes, but I like it too!

It's the first console I've had in the house since I bought an original NES to celebrate the last payment I had to make on my student loan.

[FnG] metamucilnaut

Postby [FnG] metamucilnaut » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:03 am

[FnG] Torgo 3000 wrote:As I type, my son and wife are playing golf on teh Wii Sports.

Wii --- Manly, yes, but I like it too!

It's the first console I've had in the house since I bought an original NES to celebrate the last payment I had to make on my student loan.

My father-in-law bought a Wii for our oldest and I didn't want a console in the house. Turns out it's a blast. I still can't beat my five-year old in that mega-bowling game where each frame adds more pins (me not so manly). :?

[FnG] Lambik
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] Lambik » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:43 pm

I said, in our house no console game, :twisted:
so Yas bought the kids a Nintendo GameCube, :evil:
which turned out the be a disaster with the kids fighting over what game or what character, :crazy:
I said 'See, no console in our house'. :twisted:
so the dutch version of Santa got us a Wii this december :evil:
which turns out to be not so bad :jump:
I'd say 'Resistence is futile' the Nintenborg will add you to the Connect24 hive-mind.

ImageImage

[FnG] Greyguy

Postby [FnG] Greyguy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Well we did the same thing last year and yes the console is very addicting.....we added the wii fit early last summer.......it's really embarrasing when the console blows up your mii like a baloon.......which helped me loose 25 lbs to date....So don't worry Meth you aren't the only one who has gone to the darkside... :D :D :D :D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

[FnG] James

Postby [FnG] James » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:17 am

Muahahaha, welcome to the dark side Mephitic... I personally enjoy the Wii quite a bit more than PC games these days.

Games such as Wii Sports, Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are seeing a lot of usage at my home.

Feel free to add me in Mario Kart: 0474-0611-8459

I can't seem to connect to WFC in Brawl currently for some reason.
Game-name:
«mæstro»{FnG}

[FnG] Unholy Eve

Postby [FnG] Unholy Eve » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:01 pm

mwahahaha the dark side will consume you all as for me I never left the darkside :P I've embrassed it's cold dark love for many year's now, had the console since it was released and still love it.

If you've got it online try out the final fantasy download "My life as a king" it's quite a nice relaxing game to play.

Return to “Other Games”