Have EA gone mad??

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Lazz

Have EA gone mad??

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I saw C&C 4 announced and thought it was good news and was quite happy :)

.......until today, when I found out some major changes are taking place in C&C 4

1. No more base building

2. No more harvesting for resources

3. No more sidebar. Instead there is going to be a bar at the bottom

4. No naval units

5. No 3rd faction

So basically, EA seems to have shot themselves in the foot :(

[FnG] pyxie.T32

Re: Have EA gone mad??

Postby [FnG] pyxie.T32 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:24 pm

So what exactly makes is C&C, seems a little odd to me, although EA seem to have been on a consumer anoyance spree the last few years.
EDIT:

The Crawler, lets you pack up and move your base with your army for a new layer of strategic depth. Build units as you move across the field, and deploy whenever and wherever you choose!

seems the base is there, just not in the standard sense, looks like all that arsey building defenses is out, have to use specific units for defence, shame about the harvesting but looks like its more geared for multiplay, in terms of different teams for support, offence and so on. I don't doubt it will fail on several levels but it might just be not as bad as I first thought.
Gravity, not just a good idea, ...It's the LAW!

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:25 pm

General rule of thumb, I've found, is to flip a coin every time EA releases a game or buys a franchise.

Heads? It's crap. Tails? It's crap with expensive DLC. Landed directly on the rounded edge? It's a good game with great replay value. :laugh:

[FnG] Neecap

Postby [FnG] Neecap » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:50 pm

This also illustrates a very worrying trend in the videogame industry: Sequels offering LESS.

:(

[FnG] Lazz

Postby [FnG] Lazz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:01 am

[FDG]Sundae wrote:General rule of thumb, I've found, is to flip a coin every time EA releases a game or buys a franchise.

Heads? It's crap. Tails? It's crap with expensive DLC. Landed directly on the rounded edge? It's a good game with great replay value. :laugh:

:lol:

I do like that. I think if I ever sign up to the EA forums, I might have that quote as my signature :P

Return to “Other Games”