What are we waiting for?

The place to talk about any other games that the clan doesn't currently play or just the place to talk about other games in general.
[FnG] Hanno

What are we waiting for?

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:10 pm

What new games are coming out soonish that we are waiting for (PC not silly old console!) , I need something to look
forward to.... ?
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who says they know what's going on are probably lying.
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Re: What are we waiting for?

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm waiting for bug fixes in Fifa 11 :) and Fable 3 (I love the fable series) ..besides that fallout vegas looks interesting (but is apparantly badly bugged) and Football Manager 11 seems to do it all right too.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Last 2 games I bought for my PC: Unreal Tournament 3 & Tomb Raider Anniversary.

I havent updated it in 4 years :) It is now simply my 'internet & Unreal Tournament (2004/3)' machine. It's only other real use is for storing photos & music.

Never ever thought I'd see the day when I prefer a console for gaming, but there you go. Just so much less hassle.

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Waiting for:

Marian (I hope it ends up happening - it's way up there on my desired game list!)
Guild Wars 2 (Duh)
Minecraft Halloween Update (Boo!)
The next big indie game (I love Indies.)
Solace (See above)
Duke Nukem Forever (It'll happen.)
Diablo 3 (Assuming Blizzard doesn't SC2 it.)
From Dust (Vaguely looking forward to it - too early to tell!)
Pokemon Platinum-Blonde Silver Diamond Black with Strawberry Syrup Edition (or not)
Art assets from my dev-team's artist, so I can continue working on my own game...

On a different note... Interest Check: A consolidated thread discussing upcoming games, both big and small? (Media, videos, links, etc?)

[FnG] Rotten_Emu

Postby [FnG] Rotten_Emu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:51 am

Diablo 3, definately (No matter what you think of SCII* this is surely a must have for RPG Lovers).
Fallout New Vegas (although technically it has been released)
More to come, surely...

*I have read through some threads over at Fudge and most arguments don't seem to hold true after this past month of playing I have done. The SP Campaign is nothing short of a jewel and LAN play/Chatboxes I don't miss because of the intuitive friends and online lobby availability.
Image Image

[FnG] ParanoiDinHELL

Postby [FnG] ParanoiDinHELL » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:44 am

note that I did stick to this years releases, more in the future I'd target bulletstorm, gears 3, dragon age 2, mass affect 3 (well, has to be announced first but still) and offcourse diablo 3.

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:49 am

[FDG]Sundae wrote:Waiting for:

Marian (I hope it ends up happening - it's way up there on my desired game list!)
Guild Wars 2 (Duh)
Minecraft Halloween Update (Boo!)
The next big indie game (I love Indies.)
Solace (See above)
Duke Nukem Forever (It'll happen.)
Diablo 3 (Assuming Blizzard doesn't SC2 it.)
From Dust (Vaguely looking forward to it - too early to tell!)
Pokemon Platinum-Blonde Silver Diamond Black with Strawberry Syrup Edition (or not)
[size=4]Art assets from my dev-team's artist, so I can continue working on my own game...[/size

On a different note... Interest Check: A consolidated thread discussing upcoming games, both big and small? (Media, videos, links, etc?)

Whats Marian ... and whats Solace, I can't find any reference to them? Linksees?

I gave up holding my breath for Duke Nukem, I sort of turned blue about 5 years ago. I still remember playing the original platformer though lol.

Diablo 3 - I loved the original but 2 didn't do it for me , it was just more of the same and then even more. Nothing revolutionary.

As for Guildwars and others , I need something sooner than that ;-)

A continuing thread might be good, I might also go and spy on the fudgies forum to see what you are upto over there ;-)

PS BAwsy - maybe if I ever move house and have more space I will consider an XBOX as I'm seeing quite a few interesting games
showing up which are not on the pc now. Eventhough over all I still think PCs have much better graphics sound and control....
Hanno's Law:
Anyone who believes they know what's going on is dangerous and should be avoided at all cost.

[FnG] Bawsy

Postby [FnG] Bawsy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:03 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:PS BAwsy - maybe if I ever move house and have more space I will consider an XBOX as I'm seeing quite a few interesting games showing up which are not on the pc now. Eventhough over all I still think PCs have much better graphics sound and control....

You'll get no argument from me there. PCs have much better graphics, sound and control. But the XBOX is much better than I thought it could ever be - it didnt disappoint. And once you start playing games lying on the couch in your pants on a 42" tv, there is no turning back. Huge library of cheap & great games too!

Oh, also good for playing with the kids. 2 wireless controllers and all that...

[FnG] RampantBunny
Site Admin

Postby [FnG] RampantBunny » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Guildwars 2 of course :P (DDO fills the gap for now)
We are explorers...We have to Be...To Learn...

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm

[FnG] Hanno wrote:Whats Marian ... and whats Solace, I can't find any reference to them? Linksees?

http://solacegame.com/ It's a very artsy bullet-hell game, and I'm looking forward to the "commercial" version of it because the digipen release had quite a bit of promise. :) Very clean, smooth-looking game. On top of that, it's an independent game and I like to support them when they're decent.

Marian is a long way off, unfortunately. It's a game in the works by the Infinite Ammo crew (formerly "Bit-Blot", who made Aquaria), about a marionette who breaks her strings and runs away. Currently, all we have for it is a bunch of concept art, some early 3D modeling stuff, and a teaser video (plus blog updates from the dev crew). They ran into some funding trouble when the Vancouver arts council canceled some funding to them in the last round of budget cuts, so it's going even slower. That teaser video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSGTmlu_Xg (There's really very, very little to it.) My reason for being excited for this is based on the previous game record of the developers. Alec Holowka is very, very good at what he does.

I gave up holding my breath for Duke Nukem, I sort of turned blue about 5 years ago. I still remember playing the original platformer though lol.

Amen to the original platformer. :D I gave up holding my breath, and then Gearbox bought up the game and announced a 2011 release date. :lol:

Diablo 3 - I loved the original but 2 didn't do it for me , it was just more of the same and then even more. Nothing revolutionary.

I was the reverse, actually. Two was good, but one sucked to me. Agreed, nothing revolutionary though. I'd just like something a bit fun to play.

A continuing thread might be good, I might also go and spy on the fudgies forum to see what you are upto over there ;-)

Feel free! We're over there doing our usual stuff. :)

[FnG] Cannon

Postby [FnG] Cannon » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:15 pm

[FnG] Bawsy wrote: And once you start playing games lying on the couch in your pants on a 42" tv,

Didn't need that picture shoved into my head... lol

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:37 am

[FnG] Cannon wrote:
[FnG] Bawsy wrote: And once you start playing games lying on the couch in your pants on a 42" tv,

Didn't need that picture shoved into my head... lol

I read Bawsy's post last night but then couldnt find my pw to log in and reply, as I had similar feelings =it put me right off the food I was eating!

Edit: Plus if you are lying around in just your pants at the moment then your heatings turned up too high.
Either that your nadgers are already frozen solid from wearing a kilt.
Hanno's Law:

[FnG] Hanno

Postby [FnG] Hanno » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Nothing new?

I just checked out the reviews for Bulletstorm and that doesnt appeal much so i've finally got round to buying Dragon Age Origins instead
(I know the followup is out soon!)

There must be someting else new to look forward to.....

PS I noticed solace is now out and free to download : http://solacegame.com/?page_id=7
Hanno's Law:

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Solace ended up being very short, and somewhat disappointing for a complete release. :(

Artsy as heck (I liked that), but no longer than the GameDev version

[FDG]Sundae

Postby [FDG]Sundae » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Fudgies are playing Monday Night Combat like mad, though. Also, Magicka. Check out Magicka's demo.

Return to “Other Games”